Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order totals modules not appearing in admin

In bizarre cases like this, I always start with a complete comparison of *all* files: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I read that! But is it likely that a problem with a non-admin file will cause such an odd problem in such a select area of admin? I see there is no option in this situation - but I might as well do a clean install in another sub-directory. I think.

Is this possibly caused by the PDO issue?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by godt View Post
    Is this possibly caused by the PDO issue?
    No. But haven't you got your hosting company to fix that yet?

I might as well do a clean install in another sub-directory. I think.
    There's only ONE benefit to that over doing the file-comparison: you'll be able to test it to confirm that there is or is not a difference.
    And then you're back to needing to do the file-by-file comparison anyway. Yes, you'd have to do it anyway, because even if you were to take the unnecessary approach of rebuilding it all again on top of a "clean install", you'll still need to identify and rebuild all your changes, which involves comparing everything already there. So, not further ahead.

But is it likely that a problem with a non-admin file will cause such an odd problem in such a select area of admin?
    Yes, it's possible. There are lots of things outside of the admin folder that are used by the admin system.
    You asked for advice and recommendations. I gave you mine: I gave you my exact starting point when dealing with things like this. Armed with the complete results of that complete comparison, THEN there are a number of next-steps that can be taken. But, without that information, you'll just be typing posts back and forth and not getting any further ahead.

Also, while the comparing of files can sound like a daunting task, tools like WinMerge make it very quick once the files are on your PC.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see what you mean: compare Folders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123