Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Gift certificates, not sending email with a redemption code

I read the direction here http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?106 on how to set up gift certificates. A customer purchased one and I released it from the que. The user did not get an email with the redemption code. It states that "Upon release/approval, they are sent an email with a redemption code."

The customer did not get a notification with the redemption code. All they got was a thank you email sent to them with that I included below. Were they suppose to get an email with the redemption code.

Did I miss a step?

You recently purchased a Gift Certificate from our online store.
    https://mysite.net/store/

For security reasons this was not made immediately available to you.
    However, this amount has now been released. You may now visit our store and
    send the value of the Gift Certificate via email to someone else, or use it
    yourself.

The Gift Certificate(s) you purchased are worth $14.00

Thank you for shopping with us!
    attroll

https://mysite.net/store/
    -----
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
    feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift certificates, not sending email with a redemption code

Gift Certificates that are "purchased" in your store and then "released" from the GV Queue are "automatically" added to the customer's available balance in their account and just needs to either:

1 be applied to one of their orders on the checkout_payment

2 sent to another person

They do not need a "redemption code" for Gift Certificates purchased in the Store ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for clarifying this.

Now while I have you here let me ask another question about Gift Certificates.

Can I create a few Gift Certificates and use them as raffle prizes at an event I am hosting.

How would I do this so that people could redeem them in my store once they register?

Plugin Contributions

You can send them to yourself, as in your email address ...

Do NOT redeem them.

Read each email that you send to yourself and put the Redemption code on whatever you are passing out at the raffle ...

Now, when the customer comes to your shop online, they can either redeem the code from the link to:
    Gift Certificate FAQ

or they can redeem the code on the checkout_payment page and apply the amount that they want to their order or send all/some of the GV amount to others.

I would practice all of the steps to see how this is done to inform the people who win them in the raffle ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You can send them to yourself, as in your email address ...

Do NOT redeem them.

Read each email that you send to yourself and put the Redemption code on whatever you are passing out at the raffle ...

Now, when the customer comes to your shop online, they can either redeem the code from the link to:
    Gift Certificate FAQ

or they can redeem the code on the checkout_payment page and apply the amount that they want to their order or send all/some of the GV amount to others.

I would practice all of the steps to see how this is done to inform the people who win them in the raffle ...
    Please be patient with me on this as I want to get this set up by next weekend so I can hand some out at an event.

So what you saying is that I create a coupon and then go in to the Admin > Gift Certificates/ Coupon > Coupon Admin and pick the coupon I want to send to the person and then send them an email in that section of the Admin?

I see one problem with this. If I hand out two gift certificates and more than these two user know or get a hold of the redemption code then I could have 10 people using this redemption code.

Is there a way I can set it up so that the coupon can only be used once and by only once customer?

Plugin Contributions

You said you wanted to give for the Raffle Gift Certificates ...

Now you are talking about Discount Coupons ...

Gift Certificates are "cash" and never expire ...

Discount Coupons can have an expiration date ...

Which are you really wanting to pass out at the Raffle?

I described how to do Gift Certificates that you could then print up something with the Redemption Code(s) before the Raffle ... you would make them with the instructions I posted using Gift Certificate/Coupons ... Mail Gift Certificate ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Please be patient with me on this as I want to get this set up by next weekend so I can hand some out at an event.

So what you saying is that I create a coupon and then go in to the Admin > Gift Certificates/ Coupon > Coupon Admin and pick the coupon I want to send to the person and then send them an email in that section of the Admin?

I see one problem with this. If I hand out two gift certificates and more than these two user know or get a hold of the redemption code then I could have 10 people using this redemption code.

Is there a way I can set it up so that the coupon can only be used once and by only once customer?
    NO NOT COUPONS...
    admin->Gift Certificate/Coupons->Mail Gift Certificate

Ooopsss Beaten by Ajeh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    NO NOT COUPONS...
    admin->Gift Certificate/Coupons->Mail Gift Certificate

Ooopsss Beaten by Ajeh
    OK, I got it now. I was reading what you were saying wrong. Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

One more question to to clarify and I am sorry about being a pain about this.

Each gift certificate can only be used once and only once, right?

Plugin Contributions

That is correct ... once redeemed the redemption code is no longer valid ...

First one to claim it wins!
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast