Plugin Contributions

Default The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted

I'm getting an error at PayPal "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.
    "

I've narrowed the cause of this to an entry in the attribute controller. Setting "Onetime Attributes Qty Price Discount:" to 1:-1.95.

This is the only time I get this error.

I want to offer a one time discount of $1.95 for the first item and rest at the normal price.

Thanks for your anticipated support.
    Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatt

Found this in error log.

[07-Mar-2014 19:39:07 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/???/public_html/store/admin/products_price_manager.php on line 476
    [07-Mar-2014 19:39:07 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/???/public_html/store/admin/products_price_manager.php on line 482

Maybe this should be moved to bugs?
    Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatt

Quote Originally Posted by nick02895 View Post
    Found this in error log.

[07-Mar-2014 19:39:07 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/???/public_html/store/admin/products_price_manager.php on line 476
    [07-Mar-2014 19:39:07 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/???/public_html/store/admin/products_price_manager.php on line 482

Maybe this should be moved to bugs?
    Nick
    Warnings (as identified in the file) do not stop program execution.

Do you have logs of the paypal transactions? (Possible to turn them on for debugging). What other modules do you have installed? Anything affect shipping or product prices? Paypal may be provided a negative number in a field that is expected to always be positive and something else may have prevented that change.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Warnings (as identified in the file) do not stop program execution.

Do you have logs of the paypal transactions? (Possible to turn them on for debugging). What other modules do you have installed? Anything affect shipping or product prices? Paypal may be provided a negative number in a field that is expected to always be positive and something else may have prevented that change.
    I searched but couldn't readily see how to turn on paypal transaction logging. Nothing found in the log folder.

I have a cherry_zen template and easy populate 4.

It is only the negative number that gives me issues. I can add to the price of the first item, but not subtract.

I don't see anything that would affect shipping or product prices. My site is very generic.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nick02895 View Post
    I searched but couldn't readily see how to turn on paypal transaction logging. Nothing found in the log folder.

I have a cherry_zen template and easy populate 4.

It is only the negative number that gives me issues. I can add to the price of the first item, but not subtract.

I don't see anything that would affect shipping or product prices. My site is very generic.
    Admin screen: modules: payment: paypal payment method of choice, edit, scroll to the bottom, logs in bottom right.

What paypal module do you have installed? Recommended is paypal express.

Agree, neither ofthose two alterations should affect the end result. (I haven't looked into what the template alters, but shouldn't cause a problem like this.) To confirm, problem occurs when using the standard ZC process, correct?

All products are also more expensive than your first product discount?

And no plugins have been installed that are now removed, correct?

Plugin Contributions

Thinking about the terminology used, although I haven't tried to reproduce the problem, it seems opposite to put a negative in front of the number when the statement is to provide a discount. Ie this is how much I'm going to give you back, -10. That would mean I'm going to take 10 from you. Do things work correctly if you change it to 1:1.95? (I *am* guessing here, but if all other things are correct, seems like the correct way to go.)

Plugin Contributions

Thinking about the terminology used, although I haven't tried to reproduce the problem, it seems opposite to put a negative in front of the number when the statement is to provide a discount. Ie this is how much I'm going to give you back, -10. That would mean I'm going to take 10 from you. Do things work correctly if you change it to 1:1.95? (I *am* guessing here, but if all other things are correct, seems like the correct way to go.)
    I tried this and it adds to the total. Terminology is goofy.

Plugin Contributions

Admin screen: modules: payment: paypal payment method of choice, edit, scroll to the bottom, logs in bottom right.

What paypal module do you have installed? Recommended is paypal express.

Agree, neither ofthose two alterations should affect the end result. (I haven't looked into what the template alters, but shouldn't cause a problem like this.) To confirm, problem occurs when using the standard ZC process, correct?

All products are also more expensive than your first product discount?

And no plugins have been installed that are now removed, correct?

I turned on the logging. (Where are the logs now that they are on?)

I was using paypal standard, I am trying PayPal express. Seems to be working, however now the option (at PayPal) for my users to use a credit card is gone. check out as guest just hangs.

I believe I am using the standard SC process. Neither of those modules should have affected the process.

I did remove a plugin, and that was an earlier version of easy populate. Still that shouldn't affect it.

All product prices are more than the $1.95 discount I'm attaching to one product.

I do have another shopping cart, on another host. the $-1.95 discount worked there. There was nothing added to that. I hate to start from scratch to figure this out, but it is an option.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Nick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

a) NOTE: When making a new post, be sure to include relevant information such as:
    • What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    • Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    • If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    • What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    • HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    • What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    • WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    • If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    • In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    • Please post your site URL* so we can take a look at it.

b) did your "other site" use the same PayPal module? same ZC version? In what was is the "other site" different from this one?

c) Have you turned on Debug Logging in your PayPal module? If not, do it and test a transaction again. Now post the logs for that transaction where that error is reported. Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.