Plugin Contributions

Default Configuring SQL Database for test site

Hi,

I am new to development and looking for some help integrating zencart and my sql database.

I currently have a live website that uses zencart and a database to complete orders. I recently created a new subdomain and copied all of my files over in order to use it as a development test site. So I can test new code and design without the fear of messing up my existing site.

However, I need to configure a new database (which I just copied from my existing site) but I need to configure it to my new test development site so it does not interact with my live site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I need to find where zencart configures to the database, but I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring SQL Database

1. Create your new test database and a username+password for it.
    2. Edit the 2 configure.php files in Zen Cart to point to the new database and user+pwd details
    3. Import the data from the live server to the new test database

The process you're following is almost the same as: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.