Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product description not showing

Quote Originally Posted by betheone View Post
    Okay I get now which folder the administrator folder is. The one with my special name that was part of the login.
    No, that's okay about it all, I was working too quickly as well. Slow is fast.. So here is what I saw: like you said, ckeditor was not functioning. There were java/script files being attempted to be loaded, but the path looked odd. I then wrongly used my memory as a confirmation and told you the wrong path. I then only looked at your file path, instead of comparing to a site that works correctly. Also, while looking at the files being loaded I remembered seeing a 403 error which has to do with not being able to get to the file being loaded. Then I gave potentially more bad information, which at least you are able to keep up with, so not so much of a noob as you may think.

Right now it's just an issue of getting the files so thatthey can be used. They're there, it seems, but not being permitted to be seen. Are you using any type of uri rewriter?

Yes, the admin directory is no longer stored as admin, but some path name that is obscured to not be easily guessed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Don't give up. Ckeditor is worth it and much easier than having to write your product descriptions (and other text items) with than having to code html for everything... It's something small/minor that is preventing solving this big problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Don't give up. Ckeditor is worth it and much easier than having to write your product descriptions (and other text items) with than having to code html for everything... It's something small/minor that is preventing solving this big problem.
    Thanks again. I'm going to have to give it a break for now until I have more time. I did get the product description up for now.

Plugin Contributions

I was out of the office today and... it seems someone hijacked the thread... if you'd like to send FTP access via PM or email I can take over and get it fixed yes?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    I was out of the office today and... it seems someone hijacked the thread... if you'd like to send FTP access via PM or email I can take over and get it fixed yes?
    Hi Twitchtoo,

Someone was kindly trying to help me via PM. I still don't have CKEditor working. I have to reinstall the CKEditor files, but don't have enough bandwidth at home (yes, I live in the boonies), so will have to go to town to complete the last step which is: /editors/ckeditor/ (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder. I'll let you know how that goes after I do this step. Wish me luck!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I am new here, this thread brought me to this site.

We are experiencing this exact same problem and it started on Friday (21st March 2014). Our site is very active with products being added all the time. The site is very stable and no upgrade work or SW changes have been made for sometime.

I suspected a SW update to the browser being used to add the products (Safari on MacOSx) but Opera and Firefox are the same. I have done the obvious things with ZenCart in terms maintenance but it made no difference. I have deleted some older products in case some kind of limit had been reached but again this made no difference at all (we had over 400 products defined).

Like the OP I have had some limited success in circumventing the issue by switching from the WYSIWYG editor to HTML but the product descriptions then disappear again the moment any change is attempted.

Everything has worked fine for years, was fine as recently as last week and then suddenly it's not keeping descriptions on new products even though nothing has changed....?

ZenCart 1.3.9h
    PHP Version: 5.4.26 (Zend: 2.4.0) PHP Memory Limit: 32M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.35-cll

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Hi all,

I am new here, this thread brought me to this site.

We are experiencing this exact same problem and it started on Friday (21st March 2014). Our site is very active with products being added all the time. The site is very stable and no upgrade work or SW changes have been made for sometime.

I suspected a SW update to the browser being used to add the products (Safari on MacOSx) but Opera and Firefox are the same. I have done the obvious things with ZenCart in terms maintenance but it made no difference. I have deleted some older products in case some kind of limit had been reached but again this made no difference at all (we had over 400 products defined).

Like the OP I have had some limited success in circumventing the issue by switching from the WYSIWYG editor to HTML but the product descriptions then disappear again the moment any change is attempted.

Everything has worked fine for years, was fine as recently as last week and then suddenly it's not keeping descriptions on new products even though nothing has changed....?

ZenCart 1.3.9h
    PHP Version: 5.4.26 (Zend: 2.4.0) PHP Memory Limit: 32M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.35-cll
    Several things going on here... One, you have PHP 5.4 with ZC 1.3.9h... Possibly part of the problem... In fact, the ZC team is trying to at least keep 1.5 running on PHP 5.4...

Next a potentially low Memory limit.

Then there is the editor that is being used, as it may not be compatible with the above configuration, so..

Recommendation overall is to upgrade it all, also in the mean time, if not able to use an editor that converts things such as We'll send the product out right away into something like We\'ll send the product out right away.. Then to be sure that the text to be applied is html safe...

There may also be some updates offered in the forum to support ZC 1.3.9h to run under PHP 5.4, but it would require some research.

Plugin Contributions

Me too.
    I can see my description in the Product List: http://ostomytoilet.com/index.php?ma...=index&cPath=1
    But no joy in product info page: http://ostomytoilet.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=3
    I messed it up somehow and I don't want to reinstall again. Probably just some switch. Anyone know why?

Dedicated IP on my OLM Server Host: ostomytoilet.com 69.94.104.185
    PHP Version 5.4.21
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.1
    Zen Cart: v1.5.1 [2014-02-23 17:53:11] (New Installation)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmlt View Post
    Me too.
    I can see my description in the Product List: http://ostomytoilet.com/index.php?ma...=index&cPath=1
    But no joy in product info page: http://ostomytoilet.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=3
    I messed it up somehow and I don't want to reinstall again. Probably just some switch. Anyone know why?

Dedicated IP on my OLM Server Host: ostomytoilet.com 69.94.104.185
    PHP Version 5.4.21
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.1
    Zen Cart: v1.5.1 [2014-02-23 17:53:11] (New Installation)
    One way to fix the problem is to do this:
    includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/css/responsive.css

Change this:
    .heading{display:none;}
    to this:
    .heading{display:block;}

There are other changes needed if you don't like how it displays...
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

There are also things identified in the responsive sheffield blue forum thread to address known issues with the latest version of the template. The "hidden" description is one of them, and the solution posted there is different than what has been suggested.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast