Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product description not showing

Quote Originally Posted by betheone View Post
    I've attached a screenshot of what the page looks like before I click 'update.' After clicking 'update' the description is erased. And the box for the product description only takes html. Didn't it used to be WYSIWYG? That's completely not available.Attachment 13900
    There's a problem in the update_info.php file associated with the product type being updated. Would be my assessment based on the information being properly collected, then previewed, but not captured on update. Regarding the WYSIWYG editor, are you saying when you edit, it's not there or are you referring to what is in the image?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

If you'd like to PM or email access I'll take a look. Or we could endlessly continue to guess.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    If you'd like to PM or email access I'll take a look. Or we could endlessly continue to guess.
    Thanks Twitchtoo! I sent the info re: PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info, my test product worked. I was also able to add product descriptions to the products that were not allowing you.

Makes me wonder if this is a local issue with your browser/cache...

or

The data you were cutting and pasting into the textbox was not 'clean'
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

This is very strange! I too can put in "3rd Annual Retreat Information Available Soon..." and it stays. However when I put the following in the product description, it disappears:

"Immerse yourself in a deep experience of Wholeness. Over two days and an evening, learn to easily shift your identity from the conditioned personal self to a deeper, sentient experience of the whole Being that is your true identity. We’ll use the deep-diving tools of Healing to Wholeness and Process Coaching to explore our real identity, and how to live life as the whole Self. This is the ultimate adventure! This workshop is for anyone interested in experiencing the powerfully transformative modality of Process Coaching."

The text is plain text, no formatting, so it should be 'clean.'

Also I can't use html, and the product description doesn't do WYSIWYG editing. I really did not have these issues before.

Still could use your help.

Plugin Contributions

This word:
    We'll use the deep-diving...
    was a show stopper.

Also your CKEditor isn't working, likely needs to be updated.

You'll see the description is working now
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

This is crazy making! I just added some text to what you placed there, the date, time, and early registration deadline, and it disappeared again!

What can I do to have the description stay? What are you doing to make it stay? And how/where can I update the CKEditor? Will that do the trick?

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

The HTML editor was set to 'none.' I changed it to 'CKEditor.' Still nothing. Do I need to reinstall this editor?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by betheone View Post
    The HTML editor was set to 'none.' I changed it to 'CKEditor.' Still nothing. Do I need to reinstall this editor?
    Couple of things, "clean" text refers to text that can be interpretted as html without causing an error. So like the previous statement of using we'll, the single apostrophe causes problems if not properly escaped. One would need to write we\'ll when in a text only editor.

There are other such characters that need to be escaped or else you will have the problem you are seeing.

As for ckeditor and the results. The text must be entered while ckeditor is active, and not looking at the source of the input. Ie should be able to select various options from the ckeditor like text color and formatting while in the proper mode.

Ckeditor can be updated through a number of paths; however, start at the plugins area for further guidance on ckeditor.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I was able to type in the product description and have it save. However I can not copy & paste plain text in the product description and have it save. I had to use simple html.

Also I updated CKEditor, followed these steps to install, logged out and relogged in and it's still not showing. Any ideas on how to have CKEditor show up?

Installing CKEditor for Zen Cart v1.xx

1. Download and unzip this file (you've done that if you're reading this)
    2. In the unzipped folder, you'll see several variations of an "admin" foldername, offering options for various ZC versions. Find the one the matches your site's version, and rename it to "admin". Delete or ignore the other "admin_xxxxxx" folders, as they will not be relevant to you.
    3. Now, since your server's "admin" folder has actually been renamed to something other than "admin", go find out what that foldername is on your server now. You'll need that new foldername in the next step.
    4. Upload the various files from your PC to your website, placing each file in the same folder where you found it in the zip, ie:
    /admin/includes/ckeditor.php goes to your website into your existing /renamed-admin/includes/ folder.
    /admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ckeditor.php is added to your /renamed-admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ folder
    /editors/ckeditor/ (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder
    5. When you login to your admin area, set your default editor choice via Admin->Configuration->My Store->HTML Editor (note: this may not take effect until you log in the next time)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast