Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product description not showing

And since it didn't work, I also added init_includes, overrides, init_html_editor.php.... since that was included in the download but not in the instructions. Still nothing!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by betheone View Post
    I was able to type in the product description and have it save. However I can not copy & paste plain text in the product description and have it save. I had to use simple html.

Also I updated CKEditor, followed these steps to install, logged out and relogged in and it's still not showing. Any ideas on how to have CKEditor show up?

Installing CKEditor for Zen Cart v1.xx

1. Download and unzip this file (you've done that if you're reading this)
    2. In the unzipped folder, you'll see several variations of an "admin" foldername, offering options for various ZC versions. Find the one the matches your site's version, and rename it to "admin". Delete or ignore the other "admin_xxxxxx" folders, as they will not be relevant to you.
    3. Now, since your server's "admin" folder has actually been renamed to something other than "admin", go find out what that foldername is on your server now. You'll need that new foldername in the next step.
    4. Upload the various files from your PC to your website, placing each file in the same folder where you found it in the zip, ie:
    /admin/includes/ckeditor.php goes to your website into your existing /renamed-admin/includes/ folder.
    /admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ckeditor.php is added to your /renamed-admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ folder
    /editors/ckeditor/ (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder
    5. When you login to your admin area, set your default editor choice via Admin->Configuration->My Store->HTML Editor (note: this may not take effect until you log in the next time)
    What is the text that you are trying to paste in? Also, there is a setting in the My Store area, to default the editor to ckeditor:
    Admin->My store->HTML Editor.

At one point there also was some additional code that had to be added to the product info page to enable ckeditor in those areas; however, I do not recall if that is still necessary...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 20 Mar 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is the text that you are trying to paste in? Also, there is a setting in the My Store area, to default the editor to ckeditor:
    Admin->My store->HTML Editor.

At one point there also was some additional code that had to be added to the product info page to enable ckeditor in those areas; however, I do not recall if that is still necessary...
    I just want CKEditor to show up. I set the default to CKEditor in store area.

Plugin Contributions

I just want CKEditor to show up. I set the default to CKEditor in store area.
    So, I reached out, and was granted access to the admin panel... While I am truly limited in correcting the issue, I have identified that there is a discrepancy in one of the CKEDITOR files... (May or may not have been in the instructions somewhere, but regardless.)

Per the developer's toolkit, and looking at the page source on a page that should have an editor. If you open/modify includes/ckeditor.php around line 21 or 22 (Depends on if you have fixed the 1 line number discrepancy with v1.5.x), changing
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../<?php echo DIR_WS_EDITORS ?>ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
    to:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo DIR_WS_EDITORS ?>ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
    Then once that is complete, feel free (and suggested) to change up the username/password that was provided, as well as rename the admin directory (and if necessary) update the htaccess for the same.

Also, take note of the plain text that was added to the test product, both before it is displayed and how it is on the site... Used an escape code.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 21 Mar 2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Made a mistake in my original path location

Plugin Contributions

So, I reached out, and was granted access to the admin panel... While I am truly limited in correcting the issue, I have identified that there is a discrepancy in one of the CKEDITOR files... (May or may not have been in the instructions somewhere, but regardless.)

Per the developer's toolkit, and looking at the page source on a page that should have an editor. If you open/modify includes/ckeditor.php around line 21 or 22 (Depends on if you have fixed the 1 line number discrepancy with v1.5.x), leaving
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../<?php echo DIR_WS_EDITORS ?>ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
    as is...

Then once that is complete, feel free (and suggested) to change up the username/password that was provided, as well as rename the admin directory (and if necessary) update the htaccess for the same.

Also, take note of the plain text that was added to the test product, both before it is displayed and how it is on the site... Used an escape code.
    Okay, sorry... Working too quickly... ckeditor is installed in the wrong directory... Should be installed in the admin directory path not the main store... Change from previous post is/was wrong... At least the ckeditor.php file should be under the admin/includes...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 21 Mar 2014 at 12:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, sorry... Working too quickly... ckeditor is installed in the wrong directory... Should be installed in the admin directory path not the main store... Change from previous post is/was wrong... At least the ckeditor.php file should be under the admin/includes...
    Sorry for being such a newbie. So ckeditior should be in the 'administrator' folder in my public.html folder, not the store folder? Is that right?

Plugin Contributions

On triple check a 403 error is occuring when trying to get to the javascript files to display the ckeditor. I would look next at either the htaccess file, or folder permissions/folder names.

Plugin Contributions

On triple check a 403 error is occuring when trying to get to the javascript files to display the ckeditor. I would look next at either the htaccess file, or folder permissions/folder names.
    Maybe I need to slow down. I just erased all the CKEditor files waiting for your response to tell me exactly where they should go. That might account for the 403 error.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for being such a newbie. So ckeditior should be in the 'administrator' folder in my public.html folder, not the store folder? Is that right?
    Okay I get now which folder the administrator folder is. The one with my special name that was part of the login.

Plugin Contributions

I put everything in the administrator folder now for CKEditor. It still doesn't show up. I'm about to give up!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast