Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product description not showing

Thank you for getting back with me with a suggestion to my problem.
    I've been doing due diligence and searching for keywords that match my problem. If it has been addressed before in the responsive sheffield blue forum thread, hidden" description is not a matching search. Can you please help guide me to the solution or keyword?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmlt View Post
    Thank you for getting back with me with a suggestion to my problem.
    I've been doing due diligence and searching for keywords that match my problem. If it has been addressed before in the responsive sheffield blue forum thread, hidden" description is not a matching search. Can you please help guide me to the solution or keyword?
    You are correct, that hidden would not be one of the words by which to search. There is this "easy" way that you are looking for, where someone provides links to places they have identified, and there's one or more suggested ways which are to actually read through the forum. Typically, either beginning at the back and working towards the front, or at least beginning at the date of the version of the plugin that is/was installed.

I pointed out some of the "patches" that were posted in a similar thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...85#post1241685.

The links identified from that thread are:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...25#post1221225 (fixes the bug in the tpl_header.php file and the .content bug)
    and
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...52#post1220352 (product description not showing on the product page)

As the first link in this post states, there may be other updates/patches/fixes/corrections etc in the forum; however, the post number(s) are not highly referenced and require searching to find.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Several things going on here... One, you have PHP 5.4 with ZC 1.3.9h... Possibly part of the problem... In fact, the ZC team is trying to at least keep 1.5 running on PHP 5.4...

Next a potentially low Memory limit.

Then there is the editor that is being used, as it may not be compatible with the above configuration, so..

Recommendation overall is to upgrade it all, also in the mean time, if not able to use an editor that converts things such as We'll send the product out right away into something like We\'ll send the product out right away.. Then to be sure that the text to be applied is html safe...

There may also be some updates offered in the forum to support ZC 1.3.9h to run under PHP 5.4, but it would require some research.
    Thanks for your response which I have passed on to our web brain cell to investigate.

TBH I couldn't get my head around how something SW based could work for years fine and then suddenly not work without anything changing so I was convinced that the issue must be something changing on the Mac I use. So I used a different to no avail. So then I tried a Windows machine and that was exactly the same! Now I thrown away my skepticism along with everything I thought I knew...

Thanks again for suggestions. If I get any firm conclusions I'll post back in the hope that others may find it useful!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Thanks for your response which I have passed on to our web brain cell to investigate.

TBH I couldn't get my head around how something SW based could work for years fine and then suddenly not work without anything changing so I was convinced that the issue must be something changing on the Mac I use. So I used a different to no avail. So then I tried a Windows machine and that was exactly the same! Now I thrown away my skepticism along with everything I thought I knew...

Thanks again for suggestions. If I get any firm conclusions I'll post back in the hope that others may find it useful!
    See if your host will allow you to use an earlier version of PHP for a little while. Even if just for a test. 5.3, 5.2 etc... All-in-all it is software related, the question is which software. Also, while you may not have made changes, there is always the possibility that someone else has. It may not be malicious (changed version of php), but should always look at the possibility that something was.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    See if your host will allow you to use an earlier version of PHP for a little while. Even if just for a test. 5.3, 5.2 etc... All-in-all it is software related, the question is which software. Also, while you may not have made changes, there is always the possibility that someone else has. It may not be malicious (changed version of php), but should always look at the possibility that something was.
    Sage words. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

I said I would post back once I had a definitive answer on this one and now I have. Thanks for the responses suggesting that characters were responsible however the answer was actually the text editor used.

We were using HTMLarea and had been for years without any problem at all but suddenly it became problematic without us making any changes at all. Very strange...

Anyhow, now using PCKeditor 2.6.4.1 and everything is golden again (actually I find it's a much nicer editor to use regardless). i can't explain why it was the cause but it was. I can't claim to have worked it out as Matt Strickland at Rocket Sites did that. A HIGHLY recommended ZenCart consultant without whom I would have stuck my head in the oven (unpleasant as it's electric).

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded to Zen 1.5.0 a month or so back. I've am currently unable to see the product description in preview or in the final live store. I've researched the forum and followed numerous suggestions regarding utf-8 and I've not succeeded. Please help! www.goodlifetogo.net/store

Plugin Contributions

Goodlife, check your PM inbox.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

To update the forum of the particular problem Goodlife was having, the site upgrade from 1.39 - 1.50 functioned but had a few critical errors. Errors were not being logged, the db remained in latin1, and it seems the file/directory group wasn't complete.

A brief summary of the fix:
    - backup the db SQL
    - install a new Zen Cart 1.51
    - backup the new blank SQL db

- merge the old db with the new manually, line by line
    - import the 'new' merged database with all of the original orders, history and customers
    - reset the admin settings that were not transferred

Now the site is up and running 1.51 and moving forward.

Also a great big thanks to Goodlife!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

The text i wrote in the backend is not reflecting on the product listing and product info page.. Basically i have images, price and add to cart but my product descriptions are missing... SOME ONE PLS ADVICE. Thank u

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast