Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Media Mail restriction mod to new, 3-7-14 usps module, any help?

The shipping language file only contains define statements ...

The code file that goes in the /includes/modules/shipping directory has all of the code in it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, I did update the file at languages / english / modules / shipping with the new version, and reinstalled again for good measure. However, the shipping behavior is the same - still getting media mail as an option even when items from cat #65 are in my cart.

Plugin Contributions

You said ...
    Code:
    I have products in category 65 and others.
    Does this mean that you have mixed Categories and Products into categories_id 65?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You said ...
    Code:
    I have products in category 65 and others.
    Does this mean that you have mixed Categories and Products into categories_id 65?
    Sorry, this is where my newness to ZenCart is probably a liability, because I'm not sure what you mean. My shop is set up very simply - the 5 categories you see in the screenshot posted previously are the only ones I've got. When I drill down into cat #65, I have a bunch of products listed there, but no other categories or sub-categories. I'm actually not sure how to make a sub-category but I don't seem to have any, regardless. And I'm just assuming that the Merch category has master_categories_id = 65, because that's the ID that shows on screen next to that category. I don't know how to check the database to verify the actual value at the field level.

Plugin Contributions

I also notice this tiny message when I go into my categories/products:

NOTE: Category has SubCategories
    Products cannot be added

I'm not sure if that means I'm already inside a master category, and am viewing sub-categories..? This is a bit confusing.

Plugin Contributions

A Category holds Products or Categories ... never both ...

If your Category 65 has both Categories and Products, you need to either move the Products to their own Category, which would then become its master_categories_id or you need to move the Categories in there out to be their own Categories ...

Have you an URL to your site where we can peek at the layout of your Categories/Products?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

For testing purposes, I've also tried adding a specific product ID that I am using to play with. I modified the first section of code as follows:

// bof: test contents for Media Mail
    $skip_media = false;
    $chk_cart = 0;
    $chk_cart += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('products_id','219');
    $chk_cart += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','65');
    if ($chk_cart != $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents()) {
    $skip_media = true;
    }
    // eof: test contents for Media Mail

219 being a hooded sweatshirt in the store. When I go to checkout with this item, it's still allowing media mail even though both the product ID and the category ID seem like it should be excluded.

I feel like I must be missing something dumb somewhere, because this seems so simple in what it's doing.

Plugin Contributions

A Category holds Products or Categories ... never both ...
    Oh - well as far as I can tell, it only holds products.

If your Category 65 has both Categories and Products, you need to either move the Products to their own Category, which would then become its master_categories_id or you need to move the Categories in there out to be their own Categories ...

Have you an URL to your site where we can peek at the layout of your Categories/Products?
    Certainly - it's located at http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/purchase

Here is category 65: http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com...index&cPath=65

Plugin Contributions

Remove this line:
    Code:
    If I have ONLY Product from categories_id 65 in the cart, you want to see Media, correct?

If I have Products in the cart and none are in categories_id 65, you do NOT want to see Media, correct?

And if I have a Product from categories_id 65 and something from another categories_id in the cart, you do NOT want to see Media, correct?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Remove this line:
    Code:
    If I have ONLY Product from categories_id 65 in the cart, you want to see Media, correct?

If I have Products in the cart and none are in categories_id 65, you do NOT want to see Media, correct?

And if I have a Product from categories_id 65 and something from another categories_id in the cart, you do NOT want to see Media, correct?
    It's the other way around - if any product from 65 is in the cart, by itself or combined with another product, then I do NOT want to see Media. If non-category 65 products are in the cart, then Media is fine.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast