Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping AFTER discount codes?

I have done lots of googling to see if this is something that can be fixed, found things as early as 2006 and the latest being 2012 but no one ever finds a definite answer. I am guessing nothing has come of this?

I want to have the free shipping applied AFTER a discount code. For example, I offer free shipping worldwide for orders of $40 or more..

Example order:

Sub-Total: $43.50
    Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping): $0.00
    Discount Coupon: XXXXXXX : $6.53
    Shipping Insurance: $2.50
    Total: $39.47

This person just got FREE SHIPPING (Internationally as well and that is expensive) and technically only spent $36.97. It shouldn't allow free shipping because the total after a discount code is NOT $40.

Is there a way to fix this, has someone created code (or can create code) for this yet?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping AFTER discount codes?

This was totally NOT fun to do ...

This is what I finally did in Zen Cart v1.5.1 to make this work, after a zillion attempts to get it working right ...

Start with the shipping module, this was a total re-write, then I found a better way so do this:
    /includes/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php

Code:
          // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
          if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
              $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          }

// bof: manage Free Shipping Options exclude discounts
    if ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && isset($_SESSION['cc_id'])) {
      $this->enabled = false;
    }
    // eof: manage Free Shipping Options exclude discounts

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_ZONE > 0) ) {

Then add the code in RED:
    Code:
    // final check for display of Free Options
          if ($this->ck_freeoptions_total or $this->ck_freeoptions_weight or $this->ck_freeoptions_items) {
            $this->enabled = true;
          } else {
            $this->enabled = false;
          }

//echo '$_SESSION[free_shipping_options_total]: ' . $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] . ' MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN: ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN . ' $_SESSION[cc_id]: ' . $_SESSION['cc_id'] . '<br>';
    if ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && $_SESSION['shipping']['id'] == 'freeoptions_freeoptions' && isset($_SESSION['cc_id'])) {
      $this->enabled = false;
    }

if ($this->enabled) {

Next, for the Order Total module, this was also a total re-write, then I found a better way to do this:
    /includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php
    Code:
          $this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ': ' . $this->coupon_code . ' :',
                                  'text' => '-' . $currencies->format($od_amount['total']),
                                  'value' => $od_amount['total']);

$_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] = ($order_total['total'] - $od_amount['total']);

Now add to the checkout_payment header:
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment/header_php.php
    Code:
    // load all enabled payment modules
    require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
    $payment_modules = new payment;
    $flagOnSubmit = sizeof($payment_modules->selection());

//echo '$_SESSION[free_shipping_options_total]: ' . $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] . ' MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN: ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN . ' $_SESSION[cc_id]: ' . $_SESSION['cc_id'] . '<br>';
    if ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && $_SESSION['shipping']['id'] == 'freeoptions_freeoptions' && isset($_SESSION['cc_id'])) {
      zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
    }

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('require_languages.php'));

And finally, the Page file for the checkout_confirmation:
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_confirmation/header_php.php
    Code:
    if (isset($$_SESSION['payment']->flagDisablePaymentAddressChange)) {
      $flagDisablePaymentAddressChange = $$_SESSION['payment']->flagDisablePaymentAddressChange;
    }

//echo '$_SESSION[free_shipping_options_total]: ' . $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] . '<br>';
    }

Now, in theory a customer can come along and pick Free Shipping Options when the Total is >= 40.00 (MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN) and if they then go on and add a Discount Coupon that reduces it to less than 40.00 (MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN) they will be redirected back to the checkout_shipping when they try to go to the checkout_confirmation page ...

Please test this heavily to ensure that it is working correctly ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 24 Mar 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: these changes are made to files that do not have templates and overrides so be sure to save your originals and these new files as future upgrades will need similar code with possible changes to them ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, that seems to be working but I have one issue.

I have free shipping set at $40. I have $135 in my test cart with a coupon code of 50% off. So it should be $67.50.

It is redirecting me back to shipping again even though they will have met the $40 or more requirement.

Plugin Contributions

Let's try a few changes to the code, and be sure to test this carefully ...

On the shipping module:
    /includes/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php

Code:
          // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
          if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
              $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          }

if ((isset($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'])) && $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] > 0 && $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && isset($_SESSION['cc_id'])) {
      $this->enabled = false;
    }

Code:
    // final check for display of Free Options
          if ($this->ck_freeoptions_total or $this->ck_freeoptions_weight or $this->ck_freeoptions_items) {
            $this->enabled = true;
          } else {
            $this->enabled = false;
          }

//echo ' Final $_SESSION[free_shipping_options_total]: ' . $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] . ' MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN: ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN . ' $_SESSION[cc_id]: ' . $_SESSION['cc_id'] . '<br>';
    if ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && $_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] > 0 && $_SESSION['shipping']['id'] == 'freeoptions_freeoptions' && isset($_SESSION['cc_id'])) {
      $this->enabled = false;
    }

if ($this->enabled) {
    and in the header file for:
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment/header_php.php

Code:
    // load all enabled payment modules
    require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
    $payment_modules = new payment;
    $flagOnSubmit = sizeof($payment_modules->selection());

if ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] > 0 && ($_SESSION['free_shipping_options_total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TOTAL_MIN && $_SESSION['shipping']['id'] == 'freeoptions_freeoptions' && isset($_SESSION['cc_id']))) {
    }

I have not tested this heavily, but try those changes ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 2 Apr 2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Change checkout_payment header
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok, made those changes and it seems to work but when it redirects to the shipping/delivery information page again, the free shipping options is still there. So if they continue to click free shipping it will take them in circles until they decide to pick another. Is there any way to get it to take the free shipping off the options once it brings them back?

ETA: Ok, maybe not. Even when I add enough to make it $40 AFTER the coupon code, it's still taking them back to the shipping page over and over again.

Plugin Contributions

Any luck on this?? Is that code working?
    I have similar requirement. I got Better Together module installed on my cart (www.Maitrini.com), and have free shipping activated on order of more than 299. The problem I am facing is, the free shipping is applied before Better Together discount, which makes the shipping free even the final total goes below 299. Desperately waiting for any solution on this.

Plugin Contributions

anything? it will be highly appreciated if this could work!

Plugin Contributions

I actually paid someone to figure this out for me. I can attaching the php file (with his consent) but I can't figure out how. When I use the attachments it tells me:

The following errors occurred:
    ot_coupon.php: Invalid File.

There is only one and it is VERY simple. When someone chooses free shipping and then uses a coupon code, an error message comes up telling them that they don't qualify for free shipping because the total is under $x and tells the customer to go back to shipping and choose a different method or add more to their cart to make it to $x.

I changed the wording just a bit which is easy, just search for it in the file.

Attachment 14423

Plugin Contributions

When you Reply, click on the Go Advanced to add the attachment ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast