Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Chrome, Firefox, and IE9 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not to get your hopes up that an answer is already determined, but wanted to say that it probably is the same type of situation where the !important flag is assigned before another rule and the other rule doesn't get a chance to play. :)

In your other tests, did you try to resize the window as well? Seems that this is a responsive (or responsive like) template.other devices also would be good to test it on like mobile's etc...

I'm not sure about resizing the window or how to do it but I did try it out on my android phone and ipad and the site and that one item look good on both of them. I might just have to be glad it's as good as it is.
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    I'm not sure about resizing the window or how to do it but I did try it out on my android phone and ipad and the site and that one item look good on both of them. I might just have to be glad it's as good as it is.
    Ahh, never settle for less than correct when it comes to your website business. It's just that I'm not in front of a pc at the moment to help, and I'm somewhat surprised no one else has jumped in to help yet. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ahh, never settle for less than correct when it comes to your website business. It's just that I'm not in front of a pc at the moment to help, and I'm somewhat surprised no one else has jumped in to help yet. :)
    I appreciate your help, it's past my bedtime here, I'll check back in the morning for any more news on the problem. Thanks again for your help, it's a whole lot better than it was thanks to you. I went back to the MagneticOne Google Data Feed module and the warning message I got when it loaded after adding those several thousand items said that it recommended that I disable the PHP execution timeout when dealing with a large number of items. I couldn't find their example in my php.ini file where they said it was so I sent a ticket in to Hostgator with the information to see if this change is possible or not on my hosting plan. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them by morning on that.

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

I appreciate your help, it's past my bedtime here, I'll check back in the morning for any more news on the problem. Thanks again for your help, it's a whole lot better than it was thanks to you. I went back to the MagneticOne Google Data Feed module and the warning message I got when it loaded after adding those several thousand items said that it recommended that I disable the PHP execution timeout when dealing with a large number of items. I couldn't find their example in my php.ini file where they said it was so I sent a ticket in to Hostgator with the information to see if this change is possible or not on my hosting plan. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them by morning on that.

Jim
    Sorry for the late response. Haven't been on the computer as much as I anticipated. Here is the solution that I came up with, but perhaps someone else has something better:

In the responsive_theme.css file if you change line 2 to the following then it will shrink the image(s) down so that they are all the same maximum height. (If an image is smaller it will not make it taller.) Some of this may be correctable through the use of Image Handler 4. I didn't see that the suggested revision had been made to the active site, so guessing that are trying out the changes on a mirror site.

Code:
    .listingProductImage {
      max-width: 100% !important;
      max-height: 80px;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the late response. Haven't been on the computer as much as I anticipated. Here is the solution that I came up with, but perhaps someone else has something better:

In the responsive_theme.css file if you change line 2 to the following then it will shrink the image(s) down so that they are all the same maximum height. (If an image is smaller it will not make it taller.) Some of this may be correctable through the use of Image Handler 4. I didn't see that the suggested revision had been made to the active site, so guessing that are trying out the changes on a mirror site.

Code:
    .listingProductImage {
      max-width: 100% !important;
      max-height: 80px;
    }

Good Morning,
    I made the change you suggested but the part about: max-height:80px; wasn't listed in the suggestion, I did make the change and it made some difference in the appearance but the images were still off somewhat. After getting your post this morning and seeing that extra part, I went back in and added it and that seems to have done the trick. I haven't checked Firefox yet but it looks good on Chrome and IE9 now.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I use a guy on fiverr.com to do my installing of the modules (don't trust myself) and I've downloaded Image Handler 4 to send to him in a couple days to install for me so maybe I won't have anymore image problems.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Good Morning,
    I made the change you suggested but the part about: max-height:80px; wasn't listed in the suggestion, I did make the change and it made some difference in the appearance but the images were still off somewhat. After getting your post this morning and seeing that extra part, I went back in and added it and that seems to have done the trick. I haven't checked Firefox yet but it looks good on Chrome and IE9 now.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I use a guy on fiverr.com to do my installing of the modules (don't trust myself) and I've downloaded Image Handler 4 to send to him in a couple days to install for me so maybe I won't have anymore image problems.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Jim
    Well, maybe I still had some information cached, but today when I went back to that site page, the images were still all blown out and overlapping. That said though, IH4 may not necessarily totally fix the situation because of the way the CSS was written, but... Basically you'll have images that are sized to the maximum size that you want (either by height, by width or both) and then when they are displayed, the browser type will matter less. (Ie., the image itself will be presented to the browser in the maximum 80px and the css shouldn't matter as much).

No the max-height wasn't provided before, I was just trying to get your images to not overlap and it was the max-width !important that was directly causing that. So, yes the above was a new suggestion but it included the previous guidance. Again, there may be other suggestions that will work as well. It is important though to test these changes on devices expected to be used. On firefox for me again it looked fine, I had even expanded and reduced the width of the browser to see the responsive response... But did not try different browser types (iOS, Microsoft Mobile, Blackberry, etc...)

Plugin Contributions

Well, maybe I still had some information cached, but today when I went back to that site page, the images were still all blown out and overlapping. That said though, IH4 may not necessarily totally fix the situation because of the way the CSS was written, but... Basically you'll have images that are sized to the maximum size that you want (either by height, by width or both) and then when they are displayed, the browser type will matter less. (Ie., the image itself will be presented to the browser in the maximum 80px and the css shouldn't matter as much).

No the max-height wasn't provided before, I was just trying to get your images to not overlap and it was the max-width !important that was directly causing that. So, yes the above was a new suggestion but it included the previous guidance. Again, there may be other suggestions that will work as well. It is important though to test these changes on devices expected to be used. On firefox for me again it looked fine, I had even expanded and reduced the width of the browser to see the responsive response... But did not try different browser types (iOS, Microsoft Mobile, Blackberry, etc...)

After making the change you mentioned this morning, everything is looking good on all browsers and my android phone on this end so I'm a happy camper again.

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12