Plugin Contributions

Default Site in English,Korean,and Chinese.

It could be worse,the site only has one product.Translations aren't a problem.The site owner wants to be able to click on a flag to bring up the respective languages,and all the admin will be done in English.I think the simplest way will be to rename and reflag two english language packs to chinese and korean ,thereby creating three language folders,and then translating what is necessary as we go along . Can anybody tell me how I can enter Chinese and Korean characters into the Zen cart English language files ? I don't know where to start with it !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site in English,Korean,and Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by cefyn View Post
    It could be worse,the site only has one product.Translations aren't a problem.The site owner wants to be able to click on a flag to bring up the respective languages,and all the admin will be done in English.I think the simplest way will be to rename and reflag two english language packs to chinese and korean ,thereby creating three language folders,and then translating what is necessary as we go along . Can anybody tell me how I can enter Chinese and Korean characters into the Zen cart English language files ? I don't know where to start with it !
    So, one way would be to install a korean "keyboard" whether software or hardware. But another is to do an internet search for such a keyboard and there are some online versions that will take latin text andconvert it into the korean equivalent that can be copied and pasted. I don't know if there are escape functions that would be necessary etc., but that might be a start for you.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

There are a couple of Chinese language packs in the Plugins area which might give you a place to start.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to both of you for giving me a place to start.Turns out its pretty easy just to cut and paste as mc suggests.