Plugin Contributions

Default Advanced Shipper wont apply methods to categories

wonder if anyone can help (i have submitted request to jsweb as well but hoping for as swift an answer as possible)

i have products in my store, and have set up advanced shipper with multiple methods, each that has all its settings for zones and rates configured. the problem i am now having is that i need to apply certain methods to specific store categories. i already had this done and working yesterday, but realised a mistake so deleted the categories off the methods to re-do it. now though, when i click the insert button, i get the pop up with the list of categories i can choose from, which i do, and then click select, but nothing happens! the selected categories do not appear in the applicable categories section to show they have been selected.

any ideas??

possible conflict with another module i have installed?? (easy populate, but it was working after i installed this)

appreciate any help

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Advanced Shipper wont apply methods to categories

any ideas out there???

so far i have tried a re-install of the shipper module, restored database in case they had corrupted, deleted all the methods and tried to re-input but no joy at all

can anyone advise if its best to install addons/modules in any particular order to avoid any conflicts???

let me know what info you may need to assist,

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 007mcfod View Post
    wonder if anyone can help (i have submitted request to jsweb as well but hoping for as swift an answer as possible)

i have products in my store, and have set up advanced shipper with multiple methods, each that has all its settings for zones and rates configured. the problem i am now having is that i need to apply certain methods to specific store categories. i already had this done and working yesterday, but realised a mistake so deleted the categories off the methods to re-do it. now though, when i click the insert button, i get the pop up with the list of categories i can choose from, which i do, and then click select, but nothing happens! the selected categories do not appear in the applicable categories section to show they have been selected.

any ideas??

possible conflict with another module i have installed?? (easy populate, but it was working after i installed this)

appreciate any help

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Did you drop all the advanced shipper tables before re-installing?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

yes, i stripped every last trace of adv shipper from the site and dropped all the tables, since then i have also set up a sub-directory on the site and installed a fresh version of the cart, module and template which basically is the same state as the site was in when i closed it down originally but it still doesnt work (i set this site up a couple years ago, then went back to the world of employment so closed it down and backed it up, now i have restored it back onto the same host it was with before but this particular element will no longer work). could this be a folder permissions issue - does one of the folders need extra write permisions maybe to make the changes?

Plugin Contributions

When I want to know exactly what happens when I change a configuration option, I export the database before and after the change and compare it.

I would set up a new instance of ZC for testing, install Advanced Shipper and nothing else, get this process working and then do a db comparison of before and after your method assignment.

Then you can do the same comparison on your real shop and see where it is different and maybe figure out why.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

thanks Steve,

problem im having is that even on the clean install i cant get the methods to work, im now thinking it may be a server/host issue so ive got them looking into php versions, etc and hopefully we find something there to explain it

ill update you if i get anywhere with this

Damien

Plugin Contributions

just to update in case anyone is watching/interested

no idea what the issue was with advshipper 3.8.1, but by upgrading to 4.2.2 it resolved the issues

assume based on this that it must have been an incompatibility with the php version or something similar on the hosting

cheers for all the efforts and replies

Damien