Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tableau Responsive Theme - Support Thread

any idea why on my server a clean installation looks like this in IE? absolutely fine in firefox. I checked my work and thought i had messed up with the code, but then installed a brand new cart, and the template after, and it's just like this. in the same test browser, template from the template page renders perfectly, please help... hopefully i havent wasted 2 weeks of my time... thank you

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  22.7 KB
    Last edited by satello; 30 Apr 2014 at 03:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

it happens from ie10 downwards, ie11 renders fine

Plugin Contributions

I've been looking at and testing this new, nice-looking template for awhile at prommart . com

Here are my findings thus far:

=================================

- First, turn off your right column in admin layout settings.

- In layout boxes controller, turn off your regular categories box and turn on the new my categories box. Sideboxes will appear on categories pages.

- I also turned off my new products sidebox on left, as there was too much space even when set to show only one new product in sidebox.

- At certain widths my product main image is distorted. Hopefully messing with height/width in admin/images will correct.

- Shopping cart paypal express button is partially covered with other links at narrow width.

- As others have mentioned, template breaks in IE10 and below. Don't know why, as the demo works.

- BIG ISSUE: The subsequent page links if more than one page on categories, new products, all products, etc. disappear when in reduced mode. It also does this on demo. No way to get to page 2, etc. of all products.

- Although many will not use it, the slider success.png needs the second "s" to show.

- Have to dig into /includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_index_default.php to take out the "target_blank" for the About Us link (to stop from opening in new window); also to edit/try to remove the twitter/blog items.

- Template gives new look for several admin pages. Be prepared for that.

- CSS/JS loader (minification) breaks the template when css min is enabled. It stops the homepage slider when JS min is enabled.

=========================

The demo appears to work a bit better than our download (and the download from the designer's site itself). I know it's free, but still, should work as good as the demo. I guess I'm speaking mainly of the breakage in IE10 and below (I normally now use Chrome but many others do not.)

Still, a very nice template and is possibly the next generation. Tooling through Numinix's site looking at their offerings, some are on another VERY nice looking template called Barebones...not our much older barebones in ZC's plugin section.
    Last edited by SPH; 30 Apr 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you everyone for the feedback. We are planning to address the issues reported in the next release which should be ready by next week.

The "barebones" template is the framework that our templates are based on. We have more templates in the works which will be released in the near future.
    Last edited by swguy; 1 May 2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Please don't advertise on the Zen Cart forums.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, looking forward to updates. Also, you've done great work with the old barebones template.

- Homepage Carosel: how edit to limit number of Bestsellers?

This is a new zc install with only one bestseller. Yet it is pulling about 20 products and adds to page load time. (I managed to reduce number of New Products.) Perhaps the JS min will speed things up when it gets working, but still would like to edit Bestsellers.

Thanks.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Another bug:

- Write a Review: cannot post review because the stars to rate the product are missing. (I switched briefly to another template and the stars/review worked.)
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Thanks, looking forward to updates. Also, you've done great work with the old barebones template.

- Homepage Carosel: how edit to limit number of Bestsellers?

This is a new zc install with only one bestseller. Yet it is pulling about 20 products and adds to page load time. (I managed to reduce number of New Products.) Perhaps the JS min will speed things up when it gets working, but still would like to edit Bestsellers.

Thanks.
    We are building an admin configuration page specifically for templates. When that's done, things like this will become admin configurable. For now you'll have to edit the PHP file: includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_index_default.php. The function getProductsSlide() has an optional third parameter where you can enter the limit. By default the limit is 20.

Plugin Contributions

v1.0.2 has been released in the Plugins directory (pending approval) and on Numinix.com.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    We are building an admin configuration page specifically for templates. When that's done, things like this will become admin configurable. For now you'll have to edit the PHP file: includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_index_default.php. The function getProductsSlide() has an optional third parameter where you can enter the limit. By default the limit is 20.
    Thanks. I edited the code to allow for 5 Best Sellers on homepage and it sped up the page loading considerably, on my machine anyway. For others, I used

Code:
    getProductsSlide("top", $_SESSION["languages_id"], "5");
    Got new v 1.0.2 from Numinix's site. Some things fixed include the split-page navigation for additional categories, etc. pages and my main product image is no longer distorted at reduced widths (although additional images now are, but don't consider a major deal. And they do enlarge properly.)

Continuing bugs:

- Template still broken on IE10 and below, at least on my maching.

- CSS/JS minification still does not work.

- Product Reviews: cannot add a review as the stars are missing to rate the product...an apparent requirement with ZC. (Besides, we'd want the stars.)

There may be more yet to be discovered, but above are the biggest bugs my my viewpoint.
    Last edited by SPH; 3 May 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Continuing bugs:

- Template still broken on IE10 and below, at least on my maching.
    This bug was caused by some structured data showing up above the doctype. If this is still happening to you, you may have not uploaded all of the new files or removed the ones that are no longer used. Please refer to the change log posted on the download page at Numinix.com.

We'll look into the other issues to see if they are still relevant.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast