Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tableau Responsive Theme - Support Thread

Also found that the shipping estimator is not displaying correctly.
    I'm disabling it for now, but can anybody else confirm this as a bug from the Tableau template?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jenchord View Post
    Also found that the shipping estimator is not displaying correctly.
    I'm disabling it for now, but can anybody else confirm this as a bug from the Tableau template?
    Our demo has admin login info you can use to play around with the settings. In our demo the shipping estimator is set to "pop-up" as the default.

Not all core Zen Cart features are supported, but we'll add them over time or as community members sponsor the update.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Couple days ago I spent alot of time working with this template, even deleting my ZC several times and starting fresh. Here are some of my findings:

- CSS/JS loader still did not work, even when I had nothing but a fresh ZC 1.5.1 and DB and this template. No products or anything. Here is a pic taken in Crome browser with the CSS/JS loader turned on:

http://www.prommart.com/images/Table...-js-loader.png

I tried renaming the "min" and "plugins" folders for the loader, and uploading a CSS/JS loader I already had on my computer. Uploading the second min folder almost worked...almost.

Considering the number of CSS/JS files and the designer including this plugin specifically for that, it is a concern that I could not get the plugin working. Although when testing even with products the site appeared fairly fast even without the CSS/JS loader plugin turned on.

- INSTALL EP4 FIRST: As someone mentioned earlier, there was a problem with Easy Populate 4. I did not have a problem when I first tested this template with EP4 already installed. However, after deleting my ZC and doing a fresh install with this template installed first, then EP4, EP4 did not install.

- PROBABLY INSTALL IH4 FIRST: Again, when initially testing this template I had Image Handler 4 already installed and did not notice an issue. However, after a fresh ZC/db install and with this template installed first, I noticed that the IH text was missing under admin/images. Here is a pic:

http://www.prommart.com/images/tableau-ih-problems.png

At this point I deleted my ZC/db yet again and was going to try installing IH4 first then Tableau, as with EP4. But I paused, reinstalling my former template instead of Tableau...then saw the brand new Winchester Responsive template. So haven't returned to Tableau. Although Tableau comes pre-loaded with IH4, I still suspect that the problem in the above pic wouldn't exist if IH4 were independently installed first.

- IE issues: I could see that it was attempting to be corrected. But site still looked like with went through the transporter and was rearranged improperly. For example, on category page instead of columns for the products across the page it resulted in a single column on the far left side, just below the last left column item...in desktop mode. Other issues as well with IE.

- The category "sorter" did not sort when I had products.

In sum, I agree with rbarbour above that this Tableau template has a good look and feel. I still consider it, along with the new Picaflor Azul Winchester Responsive template, to be a new generation of templates that ... in my humble opinion ... may well make all other templates in our ZC plugin section obsolete. These are also the first templates that, again IMHO, can compete with the new great-looking Prestashop default template.

I think that Tableau is an ambitious project with apparently more things to come for it. I hope that the bugs I experienced all get worked out, for I think that this template is worth it.
    For CSS JS Loader, I wonder if it could be a server related issue? Check this post: https://code.google.com/p/minify/wiki/TestingMinify.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. As mentioned in my last post we will continue to work to add all of the missing ZC features and also add new ones to this template. Sponsored support from the community is greatly appreciated in helping us to focus on and complete those changes.

Soon we will be releasing the template controller page which will allow more control of the template via the admin. It will be part of the next Tableau release and all future templates that we create.

Plugin Contributions

hi, how to make a donation to the project?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by satello View Post
    hi, how to make a donation to the project?
    Hi Satello,

[moderator edited:] You can make a donation on our website to support ongoing work we do on this and other free templates.

We will be adding a button to all of our free products so that donating is easy. Thanks for your support!

BTW, if anyone needs specific customizations for any of our mods, please contact us through our support center for an estimate and we'll be happy to assist you.
    Last edited by DrByte; 13 May 2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: link removed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    Not all core Zen Cart features are supported, but we'll add them over time or as community members sponsor the update.
    So donations are needed to restore core Zen Cart features that you removed?

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    BTW, if anyone needs specific customizations for any of our mods, please contact us through our support center for an estimate and we'll be happy to assist you.
    How is it that you are allowed to advertise but the admins remove others advertisements? Seems to me that the admins have alternate rules for their contributors. Is the advertisement rule lifted after you reach a certain contribution level cause I have 20-30 different button contributions I will submit if that is the case.

If we are allowed to NOW advertise:

[advertisement]
    ** advert removed **
    Last edited by DrByte; 13 May 2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: removed token advert

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    How is it that you are allowed to advertise but the admins remove others advertisements? Seems to me that the admins have alternate rules for their contributors.
    No, they don't, and that wasn't their intention. But I've edited your and their post accordingly.

That said, we strongly encourage anyone who benefits from using anyone's plugins to donate back to the authors of those plugins.

And of course we encourage you to donate to the Zen Cart project as well, to help support keeping the software free.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see that there are now 270 downloads of this template just from our zc downloads section. I wonder how many, if anyone, has this template working without issues. Anyone with a link? Just curious.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    I see that there are now 270 downloads of this template just from our zc downloads section. I wonder how many, if anyone, has this template working without issues. Anyone with a link? Just curious.
    I think this is a relatively new template without much support/bug reports on v1.5.1. Overall, I can say that a lot of effort was put in by Numinix into making this template. Unfortunately there are always bugs for example
    1. Reviews stars file not there (fixed)
    2. Some issues on the Order History -> More info (blank page if there is no orders) [Managed to fix it by modifying the code quite a bit]
    3. reCaptcha CSS misalignment issue [Found a fix which is to add a few lines of codes into the CSS files]
    and Many other more but I was able to tune some files to my liking.

If anyone is experiencing these kind of issues, I would like to help out as a way of thanking the awesome creators of Zen-Cart and Tableau template!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SimuxPepper View Post
    If anyone is experiencing these kind of issues, I would like to help out as a way of thanking the awesome creators of Zen-Cart and Tableau template!
    I second that and apologize to numinix for the advertisement statement I made for I may have misread your intentions.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast