Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tableau Responsive Theme - Support Thread

Hi, I am using ZC version 1.5.0, with the User Tracking and Ultimate URL plugins installed. The site was upgraded to 1.5.0 over two years ago, and has been working fine since then. PHP version 5.4, MySQL version 5.0.96.

I have installed all of the components of the Tableau2 theme to the server, and it is listed as a theme option in the admin section. However, when I activate this theme, I get only a blank page when I go to the site. I have error logging active on this site, and there was no error generated when the blank page came up. I tried in both Firefox and Google Chrome, with the same result.

Consequently, I changed the theme template back to "Class Contemporary Green," which does not work on mobile at all. However, it works on desktop, and appears on mobile, rather than generating a blank page.

I would like to change this site to a mobile friendly responsive template, or a plugin that can make Classic Contemporary Green mobile friendly. Preferably I would like to make this particular theme template work on the site, and am not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Take a look at https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page.

It might help you find the problem with the "new" template.

Plugin Contributions

I used the tableau template and I love its design and friendness to all devices.

Recently I got a crawl problem and need your help or advices from anybody who have experience:

When tableau is activated, bots will crawl urls with wrong cpath number as well as correct ones.

For example, a product with ID 8066 is only created under category with ID 38, the product URL will be generated like:

domain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=38&products_id=8066

with tableau turned on, the crawl bots will not only crawl the link above ,but also crawl:

domain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=8066 (wrong one but visitable)
    domain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=8066(wrong one but visitable)
    domain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=8066(wrong one but visitable)

as long as there is categories with those numbers like 37,34, 35

I also dig some code like the following, finding out there is no value after cpath and that may cause the above problem,
    for example:

<ul class="sub-menu">
    <li><a class="category-top" href="https://mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=38">Anatomy | Biology</a>
    <ul class="sub--sub-menu">
    <li><a href="https://mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=&amp;products_id=8054">Test bank for Human Biology 14th Mader 9781259245749</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=&amp;products_id=8073">Instructor manual for Campbell Biology 11th Urry 9780134433691</a></li>

Could anyone give me guidance about how to fix it?
    https://SolutionTestbank.com
    24/7 Homework & Exam Help

Plugin Contributions

zencart v. 1.5.6c

i downloaded Tableau 2 ...
    to keep it simple while building i renamed YOUR_CATALOG to zcadmin and YOUR_ADMIN to admin. changed permissions in configure.php to 644 ..uploaded to my site host via filezilla

the template does not appear in my template choices (only classic and classic responsive) i have read through the first couple hundred posts but do not fin an answer...WHAT am i missing???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by panelcleaner View Post
    zencart v. 1.5.6c

i downloaded Tableau 2 ...
    to keep it simple while building i renamed YOUR_CATALOG to zcadmin and YOUR_ADMIN to admin. changed permissions in configure.php to 644 ..uploaded to my site host via filezilla

the template does not appear in my template choices (only classic and classic responsive) i have read through the first couple hundred posts but do not fin an answer...WHAT am i missing???
    YOUR_CATALOG is normally the root of your site. If you look in the directory YOUR_CATALOG, it will probably start with the includes folder. What should be done is to upload all the YOUR_CATALOG files to the root of your store.

Next, if your admin is actually admin, you need to change it to something the script kiddies won't automatically try when "accessing" your site.

Create a viable name for your admin directory, rename the YOUR_ADMIN folder the same as your new admin and upload the files to your site.

Plugin Contributions

yeah i am sure you did not read completely what i wrote....not even close to renaming my zcadmin and admin folders yet....................that will come well after the site is built.

the question is about the template uploading to the site and being available to choose from under the templates tab.

instructions were followed, not my first zencart site, not my first template upload

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by panelcleaner View Post
    instructions were followed
    No, you did not or we would have more information to go on in providing an answer. They are called posting tips and you even had to erase them when you posted. You got one of the first three though all are pertinent.

For instance, unless you are using an "auto loader", there should be NO zcadmin. Admin should be the first thing that is changed and, if you had done an installation from the zip files, it would have been renamed for you. Some hosts allow access to "auto loaders" that create a zcadmin. Even so, it is for the admin and NOT the catalog portion.

Confusing the two can be exactly what is causing your problem as both the catalog and the admin have includes folders. Often a file meant for the admin winds up in the catalog or vice versa.

Thus, you need to have only one folder with admin, and upload the files as directed by the Tableau files to the catalog. Since you changed your_catalog to zc admin, all the files would go there.

I can see where the placement might be confusing as the folder structure of the download is incorrect. The one thing I did not read is the layout of the mod from Numinix. For some reason, the YOUR_ADMIN is included inside the YOUR_CATALOG folder. This is NOT standard practice and makes it all the more apparent that files were placed in the wrong location. Some will just drop the YOUR_CATALOG folder into the root of the store and wonder why the template does not show up as a choice in the admin. Sounds familiar.

For clarification, make sure your load is NOT from an auto loader then:

1. Unzip the tableau mod in a new folder.
    2. Move the YOUR_ADMIN folder outside the YOUR_CATALOG folder so that the folder list would be
      • docs
      • YOUR_ADMIN
      • YOUR_CATALOG
      • .gitignore
      • license.txt
      • readme.txt
      • uninstall.sql

3. Load the YOUR_ADMIN files to the "admin" directory
    4. Load the YOUR_CATALOG files to the root of your site.

BTW, I'd really be interested in a link to the Zen Cart instructions that had you rename YOUR_CATALOG to zcadmin.

Plugin Contributions

hi, thanks for the detailed explanation ..since all the files are already there, and i have not done any work on the site as of yet, i will just have to host drop it so i can do a fresh install as to no corrupt any files...when i find the "instructions for renaming, i will post them here...

i thank you so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Upload all files in this package while maintaining the directory structure (rename YOUR_CATALOG to your custom catalog folder name and YOUR_ADMIN to your custom admin folder name)

Go to ADMIN > TOOLS > TEMPLATE SELECTION and select the Tableau theme.

Go back to the home page of the admin to insure all modules included in the Tableau theme are installed.
    The installation is now complete! See our getting started guide by clicking here.

i take YOUR_CATALOG to mean "zcadmin" on a fresh zen cart install (not yet renamed to a custom name)

and

i take YOUR_ADMIN to mean "admin" in the directory structure of a fresh install

Plugin Contributions

ok i got it to work...thanks for your help

panelcleaner.com

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast