Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Why my new templates installed doesn't appear in the templates selection?

I'm a newbie and I need help. I just install a new template. I followed all the instruction but I'm not sure what went wrong. I uploaded the whole "includes" folder to the public_html folder of my website. I believe this steps are enough for the template installation. I also checked inside the includes folder there is a templates folder -> template_name folder -> templates folder -> php files. When I go to the tools -> edit template setting, only the default template is available for template selection. Can anyone give some idea what could be wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why my new templates installed doesn't appear in the templates selection?

Check the includes/templates/YOUR_NEW_TEMPLATE folder for a template_info.php file. That's where Zencart gets the information to populate the selection dropdown.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why my new templates installed doesn't appear in the templates selection?

Thank you for replying, Stevesh. The template_info.php file is there. The file permission is read and write but not execute while folder file permission is read, write and execute. What else should I check? I check my default zen cart template located in the public_html/zencart1. File name is also includes. Should I locate the new template - includes file in the zencart1 folder as well? should I rename the default template - includes folder to a different name?

Plugin Contributions

Don't do any of those things. Post the contents of your new template's template_info.php file here.

Plugin Contributions

Attached is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

And that file is in the includes/templates/ashley_pink folder ?

Double check to make sure you didn't install it to the admin part of the fileste.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    And that file is in the includes/templates/ashley_pink folder ?

Double check to make sure you didn't install it to the admin part of the fileste.
    Yes. It is the file.
    the admin part of the fileste? What is that? How do I check that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dijah View Post
    Yes. It is the file.
    the admin part of the fileste? What is that? How do I check that?
    Ashley Pink does not have any admin files, only files in the includes directory ;) It sounds like you have not uploaded all of the files from the template package.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way I can double check that I have uploaded all the files in the includes directory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dijah View Post
    Is there any way I can double check that I have uploaded all the files in the includes directory?
    Yes, just look at the files in the template package and see if they are on your server ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast