Plugin Contributions

Default Product dimensions revert to 0 - using ozpost module

Hi all,

Just realised that I'm having problems with my product dimensions. Each time I enter a new product and all everything that I need, all 3 dimensions revert back to zero. If I go into the SQL database any change it there it show ok in Zencart. But, if I modify it again, say and dimension from 10 to 5, then save it, it once again reverts back to zero.

I've checked the cache directory and it is empty so it's not logging any faults.

Does anyone have any idea as to may be happening?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product dimensions revert to 0

What dimensions are you talking about? Did you install a plugin that handles product dimensions? We need to know more about your setup before we can begin to advise, as you seem to have something non-standard.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mpforum View Post
    Does anyone have any idea as to may be happening?
    This is a known problem relating to the latest ozpost update. There's no *definitive* solution yet.
    Please see the latest postings in the ozpost forum for more info.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ghlight=ozpost

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I haven't installed anything that modify's product dimensions. The dimensions that I'm revering to are the Product Length's width's and height's.

It has me stumped.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod, how about releasing an update which is the previous version because this is a major problem considering this is a paid mod and I cant get my guy to add products for me without going into mysql and adding the dimensions manually.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't installed anything that modify's product dimensions.
    That may be so, but have you installed something that would have modified the update_product.php or collect_info.php files in any way at all?

Not saying you have, I'm still trying to figure out why some people are having this problem but others aren't.

The dimensions that I'm revering to are the Product Length's width's and height's.

It has me stumped.
    These fields are added (and removed) by the ozpost module. A default zencart installation only has the weight field. To add these fields the ozpost code needs to modify several of the core zencart code files, specifically, those under discussion.

The issue is that for reasons yet unknown one (or more) of these modifications aren't taking place. I'm still investigating the matter.

FYI, people have been installing and using the V3.5.5 update for a little over a month now. It is only in the last week that this issue has been reported. I'm not having the same issue with any of my test sites. I somehow need to figure what the difference is, and my current *assumption* is that the few people reporting the problem have files that have already been modified from the zencart distribution files. I further suspect that if these files are replaced with the original zencart files before upgrading/installing the latest ozpost then things will work correctly.

If my *assumptions* are correct and I can identify these other changes (which may not have anything to do with the dimensions) I'll be able to update my code to take these into consideration for the next release.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod, how about releasing an update which is the previous version
    The previous version can be found in your /includes/modules/shipping folder. It will have the name ozpostXXX' where 'XXX' is the version number. You may find several of these depending on how many upgrades you've performed.

To revert to one of these older versions simply rename one of these to 'ozpost.php' (deleting/overwriting the latest version in the process). After doing this log into your admin and click the buttons to remove and re-install ozpost and things will be back as they were.

because this is a major problem
    It is more of an annoyance rather than a major problem. Most quotes are unaffected by the product dimensions.

considering this is a paid mod
    Hmmm, Not it isn't. The ozpost modules for all the supported stores are 100% free and released under the GPL licence.

The 'paid' aspect to it is for ongoing access to the quotation servers. This is the side of things where I have to constantly keep the server code up to date with price changes and compatibility with the 3rd party servers that it uses, not to mention the need to maintain multiple servers for redundancy purposes and even some network related issues. (Currently utilising 3 different servers on three different networks). THAT is what the subscription fees are paying for.

Technically I don't make a cent from the client modules and I'd like nothing more than to have someone else take over this side of things.

and I cant get my guy to add products for me without going into mysql and adding the dimensions manually.
    Then until the problem is fixed you can either revert back to an older version as detailed above, or simply ignore the product dimensions, after all, its not like the module has messed up any ZenCarts normal functionality. These are fields added by ozpost to help improve accuracy. It will work quite well without them (Well, as well as any other shipping module that doesn't add them, which is almost all of them).

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

I've reverted to an older version as you have instructed but I still have the dimension problems. Any idea's? It was working fine before the update.

Plugin Contributions

I've reverted to an older version as you have instructed but I still have the dimension problems. Any idea's? It was working fine before the update.
    A fix for this was found a few days ago. Use the ozpost auto-updater to install V3.5.6.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers
    RodG