Plugin Contributions

Default Will Stock By Attributes solve this?

Just getting to grips with stock levels and attributes.

I have an original painting that can be bought with or without a frame. The painting, as an original, has a stock level of one.

Currently, if I add to the cart either two of the 'with frame' option, or two of the 'without frame' option, I get a warning - which is great, just how it should be.

However, if I separately add the 'with frame' option and then the 'without frame' option to the cart, I don't get a warning thereby allowing checkout to continue - not how I want it.

Before I go through the process of installing Stock By Attributes - could someone tell me whether it will solve this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will Stock By Attributes solve this?

For this product, what are the settings for the product's configuration:
    Product Qty Minimum
    Product Qty Maximum
    Product Qty Units
    Product Qty Min/Max Units Mix

Plugin Contributions

Product Qty Minimum -- 1
    Product Qty Maximum -- 0
    Product Qty Units -- 1
    Product Qty Min/Max Units Mix -- Yes

I tried changing Product Qty Maximum to 1 and the cart adjusted itself - seems good, was that the change you were going to suggest?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Product Qty Minimum -- 1
    Product Qty Maximum -- 0
    Product Qty Units -- 1
    Product Qty Min/Max Units Mix -- Yes

I tried changing Product Qty Maximum to 1 and the cart adjusted itself - seems good, was that the change you were going to suggest?
    Yes, that's where I was heading!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Yes, that's where I was heading!
    Great, thanks for that, I've never had to worry about that field - god knows how long it would have taken me to figure it out.

Actually I may have to install SBA in any event as the Artist (aka my wife) will want to offer multiple print copies of her art.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Great, thanks for that, I've never had to worry about that field - god knows how long it would have taken me to figure it out.

Actually I may have to install SBA in any event as the Artist (aka my wife) will want to offer multiple print copies of her art.
    Regarding the use of SBA and the above situation, SBA is something that is generally used to monitor/control quantities that are based on the attribute, not necessarily the quantity of the item. Like if you offer a black frame or a blue frame as part of the photo, but only have 2 blue framed versions of the photo, and 3 black framed versions of the photo, then it would mostly be like having 5 photos, but only a limited number of each type.

This is not to say that it can't be set up differently and it doesn't mean it will be difficult, but one should understand the proposed usage and capabilities before or in parallel with installing a new feature/capability.

There are also some new features added to the latest SBA that may help sort some of this out, but I haven't taken the time myself to learn about them yet.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Regarding the use of SBA and the above situation, SBA is something that is generally used to monitor/control quantities that are based on the attribute, not necessarily the quantity of the item. Like if you offer a black frame or a blue frame as part of the photo, but only have 2 blue framed versions of the photo, and 3 black framed versions of the photo, then it would mostly be like having 5 photos, but only a limited number of each type.

This is not to say that it can't be set up differently and it doesn't mean it will be difficult, but one should understand the proposed usage and capabilities before or in parallel with installing a new feature/capability.

There are also some new features added to the latest SBA that may help sort some of this out, but I haven't taken the time myself to learn about them yet.
    Thank you for this feedback. Given that the scenario will be

one original painting - with or without frame
    multiple print copies - potentially unlimited and probably without frame

At the moment I think that SBA is the only way to handle this i.e. preventing multiple copies of the original (with and without frame, both of which are attributes) whilst still being able to allow for multiple print copies (also as attributes). The chance of someone buying both the original and copies is remote but I feel it needs to be catered for.