Plugin Contributions

Default trying to understand ezpages and define_page_2

I have been doing alot of reading and have learned alot but something is just no sinking in.
    There is alot of discussion about html coding and php coding and when to use it and when not to..

Is it ok in EZ pages to do html coding in the body of the text ?

IE

Needleart is a very broad skill and takes in a multitude of techniques. Each technique has its own 'rules' of stitching. This will also include Knitting and crochet as these are a form of needleart and although there are alot of similarities they too have their own set of 'rules'.<p>

<a style="color: #333399" href="http://www.stitchnframeonline.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=2&pos=v&chapter=10">Cross Stitch</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<a style="color: #333399" href="http://www.stitchnframeonline.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3&pos=v&chapter=10">Needlepoint</a>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to understand ezpages and define_page_2

Yes, HTML is fine in EZ pages, although I would use <div>s and do the styling in the stylesheet. You can't use PHP in EZ pages without jumping through some hoops.

Plugin Contributions

Would I be better off doing all my links on one page of defines_pages and link to ezpages. Instead of doing all my "book" thru ezpages. I think I have got how to do ezpages but i am trying to find the best way to organize this.

Plugin Contributions

That depends in part on whether you think it's important for the URL to include a human-readable pagename; define pages can do this, ez-pages cannot. But no mechanism exists for grouping define pages into "chapters" with TOC menus. I don't see a benefit to having a base define page with all the content in ez-pages. I would use ez-pages and group them logically. You could even get multiple "chapter" levels by making basic chapter groups, then adding a "wrapper" ez-page with links to each of the chapters' first pages hard-coded.

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic-

Thank you for your direction-- I can see what you are saying. This is just what I need!