Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Freecharger module not showing up at checkout...

Hi,

I have a situation where coupons are required, for $20, but the customers cannot check out if the balance is LESS than the $20, and the ticket at checkout is $0.

I read that I need the "freecharger" module installed, which I did, and enabled it, but it never shows up at the checkout process.

I have two payment methods enabled that have been in use for a long time... Quantum Gateway and Paypal Express.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions how to get my $0 balance customers to be able to check out!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Freecharger module not showing up at checkout...

First, check your files in the directory:
    /includes/modules/order_total

and make sure you have no odd files ... hint: you can see the error messages in the Modules ... Order Total ... referencing any php file that does not belong there ...

Next, check your Modules ... Payment ... and check the Sort Order ... When using Sort Orders, only use Unique Sort Orders of 1 and above and not negative values ... this may or may not affect things ...

Then, check the Modules ... Shipping ... and any shipping module that you are NOT using, you should uninstall ... Then, check the modules that you think you have active, and ensure that they are enabled ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely DO have one payment set to -1 to sort first, so I'll fix those immediately.

When you say to "check for odd files"... do you mean files for payment modules that I am NOT using?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Payment modules not being used should be REMOVED ...

The error messages I am referring to would be in the Modules ... Order Totals ... such as:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/tpl_bettertogether_promo_default.php
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I don't get any error messages or anything when testing, but cannot get past the checkout screen w/o selecting the "Check/Money order" option, which I installed just so these customers can check out... which is working at the moment.

I followed all your suggestions above, and removed everything not in use. Found one old payment module program "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.old_php" (can't recall exactly what one it was), and removed it.

Same results thus far.

Plugin Contributions

Go to your Zen Cart Admin to the Modules ... Order Total ... and see if you see the error above the listing of modules ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ahhhh... so sorry... I NEVER noticed any error messages there until you pointed it out now... and yes, there is one there. I will see if I can correct that error... a missing language file. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The language file is missing because that TPL file does not belong in that directory ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Under modules->payments freecharger, is a payment zone activated/selected? And does that zone differ from the zone associated with the individual trying to get a free product? If the assignment is --none-- then donbout which zone the purchaser is in.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

OK, I guess I was wrong... it is harder to fix than I thought. I figured I could place an empty file (remove any defines, but leave the framework there) of the missing file, since the offending module seems to work OK, and it would not do anything but correct the "missing file" error. Either I did it wrong, or it didn't work.

The error I see is:
    "module not loaded due to missing language file: /... /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/tpl_bettertogether_promo_default.php"

What's odd is that when I put the empty file in that folder, the error goes away, but all the "editing" buttons and options on the right disappear.

They come back when I remove the empty file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast