Default Re: Unable to view my site

No rollback, no cpanel...

What a host.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthereithink View Post
    Had a email back from my host today, they are running PHP 5.4
    They said they cannot change my version back

which is a little annoying, If spent a couple of hours going through my site and everything appears to be working correctly
    Apart from the fact I cannot access my admin log on page, which is a pain

Does anyone know a way I can to my get my admin page to show, its just showing a blanc page
    This would give me time to start work on the update

Any help would be much appreciated and I'd be more than happy to make a donnation , It would be a shame if I had to take the site down, as its starting to get busy

Thanks
    Tony
    Well, the option is in the configuration table. Not sure off top of head which setting is/would be correct, but I think it has maintenance as part of the key name. The appropriate settings to choose from are provided in the latter value. (Ie, '1','true', etc..)

Why would you want to put your store in maintenance mode (no products visible)? Would think could still operate, just can't update things until the upgrade without manipulating the database manually.

Also, are your errors the same still or is something new appearing?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You published your admin foldername in the first post, which means you need to change it *right now*, especially since you appear to be running an old vulnerable version. You will also need to change the folder reference in /admin/configure.php to match your new name. (The latest version has intelligent code that adapts automatically to the admin foldername.)

Plugin Contributions

Opps I have changed that strait away

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You published your admin foldername in the first post, which means you need to change it *right now*, especially since you appear to be running an old vulnerable version. You will also need to change the folder reference in /admin/configure.php to match your new name. (The latest version has intelligent code that adapts automatically to the admin foldername.)

Plugin Contributions

Opps I have changed that strait away
    Considering your host can't roll back to PHP 5.3 you may need to upgrade your site locally (on your computer), get everything working to satisfaction and then backup the live site and DB yet again (keep that backup in a safe place, just in case) before uploading the new file system and deleting the obsolete files. Then run zc_install on the live site to upgrade the DB.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, take the site down for maintenance via phpMyAdmin before backing up and uploading the new file system.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

I got a free weekend and I am taking your advice, to update to 1.51
    As I cannot access my admin page, the first this I want to do is put the site in to maintenance mode.

Could you please let me know how i do this through via phpMyAdmin, is this my host's control panel?

Thanks
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

For upgrade procedures refer to the docs in the ZC file set.

As for phpMyAdmin see http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

I got a free weekend and I am taking your advice, to update to 1.51
    As I cannot access my admin page, the first this I want to do is put the site in to maintenance mode.

Could you please let me know how i do this through via phpMyAdmin, is this my host's control panel?

Thanks
    Tony
    If not mistaken the placement in maintenance mode before backup/restore is/was intended for the final step. That way anyone that is shopping at the time of doing the update to the live site will not be affected and any orders that are made at that point are not lost as the database is transferred over/updated. There is no need to stop a customer from shopping until then. All updates can be made independent of the live store with the final update taking place on the live store while it is temporarily placed in maintenance mode. So carry on with your update for now on your local computer.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If not mistaken the placement in maintenance mode before backup/restore is/was intended for the final step. That way anyone that is shopping at the time of doing the update to the live site will not be affected and any orders that are made at that point are not lost as the database is transferred over/updated. There is no need to stop a customer from shopping until then. All updates can be made independent of the live store with the final update taking place on the live store while it is temporarily placed in maintenance mode. So carry on with your update for now on your local computer.
    If he can't access the admin, he'd have a pretty difficult time conducting business anyway. Hence, the advise to shut down and Git Er Done.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    If he can't access the admin, he'd have a pretty difficult time conducting business anyway. Hence, the advise to shut down and Git Er Done.
    Yes this is the problem i'm having, its only a small car club shop and all members have been told the shop will be down for the weekend.
    Thanks for the link Frank to myphpadmin, my host has this on there admin side, so I guess I can use that ?

Do you know how I switch on Maintenance from there, I had a long look, but to be honest didn't really know where I was looking??
    Cheers
    Tony

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast