Plugin Contributions

Default customer broke their cart -- how do we fix it?

ZC 1.3.9h

A customer tells us when she tries to checkout, she gets a blank page after entering her username and password.

We confirm this, by logging in as her (successful) then trying to "view cart" -- we get a blank page.

The customer tells us this happened after she placed 10,000 items of a particular product in her cart (why, I don't know, don't ask).

The "view cart" function works for fine for others, so I'm guessing there's something about her cart (maybe the 10,000 items) that is causing the problem. At least I know if I went to Walmart and put 10,000 bottles of detergent in the cart, it would probably break too.

All kidding aside, could this be the problem and if so, how would be go about fixing it?

Thanks,

John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer broke their cart -- how do we fix it?

Just a quick update -- If I tunnel into the actual database and look at customer_baskets I can indeed see the customer's basket with 50,000 items in it. Can I just delete that basket via phpMyAdmin? I know this isn't always a safe thing to do, so I'm asking before I do something even stupider than putting 50,000 items in the basket.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jgold723 View Post
    A customer tells us when she tries to checkout, she gets a blank page after entering her username and password.

We confirm this, by logging in as her (successful) then trying to "view cart" -- we get a blank page.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You should delete both customers_basket and customers_basket_attributes for the customers_id to keep them clean ...

If you want to do just one product be sure to delete the correlating records in both tables ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that link. When I check the DEBUG files, I see several files that all have the same error:

[24-Apr-2014 09:26:48 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/92537/domains/quinceandco.com/html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_combination_discounts.php on line 213

I haven't made any changes to the file referenced and this problem only seems to be affecting the customer who dumped all the items in her cart, so I'm guessing it has something to do with her account. Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh.

Would it be safer to just reduce the number of products in the basket to 1 (in phpMyAdmin) and then remove the items via the ZC cart?

Plugin Contributions

If you are messing with the customers basket in phpMyAdmin, it is best to just clean out both tables for the customer ...

NOTE: It would be best if that customer is not logged in while you are doing this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jgold723 View Post
    Thanks for that link. When I check the DEBUG files, I see several files that all have the same error:

[24-Apr-2014 09:26:48 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/92537/domains/quinceandco.com/html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_combination_discounts.php on line 213
    That looks like your ot_combination_discounts module has an error in its logic for doing database queries (probably missing a $db->moveNext() call), and is engaging an endless loop ... which could explain having thousands of products added to the cart in one click.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help Ajeh and Dr. Byte. I was able to delete the offending basket items (in both customer_baskets and customer_baskets_attributes) and the customer's cart returned.

Dr. Byte -- I'll pass along your observation about the combination discounts module to the developer so he can fix.

Greatly appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That looks like your ot_combination_discounts module has an error in its logic for doing database queries (probably missing a $db->moveNext() call), and is engaging an endless loop ... which could explain having thousands of products added to the cart in one click.
    No, the issue was just that their server memory was not adequate to handle 10,000 items in the cart at one time, which the user added themselves.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.