Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product name and description does not show at all

I have made a shop using Zen-Cart version 1.3.9h (http://www.inarinhopea.fi/korushop/) and it has worked properly a long time. Today the owner of the shop informed me that when she tries to add a new products in the zencart administration pages the product's name and description just disappears when she updates the product information. Only the image and the price of the product are still visible.

I think this must be caused by some PHP update, which the service provider has made some time ago.

Now there seems to be PHP version 5.4.26 and MySQL version 5.5.34-cll-lve.

I wonder if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product name and description does not show at all

Quote Originally Posted by tsehov View Post
    I have made a shop using Zen-Cart version 1.3.9h (http://www.inarinhopea.fi/korushop/) and it has worked properly a long time. Today the owner of the shop informed me that when she tries to add a new products in the zencart administration pages the product's name and description just disappears when she updates the product information. Only the image and the price of the product are still visible.

I think this must be caused by some PHP update, which the service provider has made some time ago.

Now there seems to be PHP version 5.4.26 and MySQL version 5.5.34-cll-lve.

I wonder if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Any error messages in the cache folder (looking for logs)?

Ideally would update the cart to zc 1.5.1 which should alleviate this problem.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Any error messages in the cache folder (looking for logs)?

Ideally would update the cart to zc 1.5.1 which should alleviate this problem.
    Thank you for quick reply. Below are the latest error logs:

--------------------------------------------------
    [25-Apr-2014 15:18:07 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/products_price_manager.php on line 464
    [25-Apr-2014 15:18:07 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/products_price_manager.php on line 470

[25-Apr-2014 15:42:37 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 299

[25-Apr-2014 16:06:50 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/categories.php on line 1011

Of course I would update ZC, but the whole process seems to be pretty complicated and furthermore very time taking.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for quick reply. Below are the latest error logs:

[25-Apr-2014 15:18:07 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/products_price_manager.php on line 464
    [25-Apr-2014 15:18:07 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/products_price_manager.php on line 470

[25-Apr-2014 15:42:37 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 299

[25-Apr-2014 16:06:50 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/hallinta/categories.php on line 1011

Of course I would update ZC, but the whole process seems to be pretty complicated and furthermore very time taking.
    It's not really that complicated, the instructions are detailed the way they are to give very specific direction, but generally speaking could at least have a functional cart up in a few hours, it's some of the specialization (potentially template related) that can take some extra time. Having to reinstall all of the modules that were previously being used (still functional with the newest version) test and validate that instll was successful.

So, looking at what was provided, two things, one suggest changing the admin directory now. I should have warned about posting the path to the admin directory.

Second:
    Code:
    25-Apr-2014 15:42:37 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/inarinzj/public_html/korushop/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 299
    The above area of code is where your problem is. Errors stop things, warnings, well they may lead to errors, but things continue to work.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again.

There is still one little problem: on line 299 there are several occurences of ','.

line 299:
    "<td class="main"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, 'products_name')); ?></td>
    </tr>"

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again.

There is still one little problem: on line 299 there are several occurences of ','.

line 299:
    "<td class="main"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, 'products_name')); ?></td>
    </tr>"
    Two things: one recommend using the [CODE TAG(S) TO POST, THE OTHER AND I'm NOT SURE IF IT WAS AN ISSUE IN THAT VERSION OF ZC, IS THAT 299 MAY HAVE ACTUALLY MEANT LINE 300, COULD You POST THE LINE BEFORE ND AFTER THE ONE ABOVE?

I DIDN'T SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE COMMAS IN THAT LINE AT LEAST NO GLARING PROBLEMS. Oops, sorry ended up with all caps. Sorry, wasn't yelling, but am also being lazy in not going back to retype in proper capitalization. Sorry. :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.

Here are lines 296 to 303:
    PHP Code:
    ?>
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_NAME?></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . '&nbsp;' zen_draw_input_field('products_name[' $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPATCHARSETTRUE) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id$languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPATCHARSETTRUE)), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION'products_name')); ?></td>
              </tr>
    <?php

}
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.Here are lines 296 to 303:
    PHP Code:
    ?> 
    Oky, so don't see any commas before/after that would cause a problem. Here's something, what happens if a product of a different type is attempted to be created? Ie, a document product or something else? There may be an issue with something in the code of the collect_info for a basic product that isn't formatted properly, but I don't see it an the section provided. Maybe someone else does? As for the alternate product type, see if a different product type can be created and if it has the same issue. The collect_info code is relatively the same across the different products, but there are some differences. If one of the others work, maybe they can be compared and theissue identified, or perhaps from a fresh install.Also, does the same issue occur when attempting to update an existing product? If not, then might be able to copy an existing product and then edit it/update it, if the new products are urgently needed to be added.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure you're using PHP version 5.4.26 ? Otherwise, post #6 here may apply:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...29-with-v1-3-9

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also, does the same issue occur when attempting to update an existing product? If not, then might be able to copy an existing product and then edit it/update it, if the new products are urgently needed to be added.
    First of all Thank you.

Yes, unfortenately the same issue occurs when trying to update for instance the price of a product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast