Plugin Contributions

application error CAN access Admin, but not online catalog

This is sort of the reverse of the normal cannot access admin site. Up until the client contacting me today, their site was operating as normal for the past 6 months or so. For some reason now, they are getting the general error message of "Warning an error occurred please refresh the page and try again" when trying to go to the online store, but the strange thing is they are able to get to the admin site, and login, with no problem.

I'm running a couple malware programs on their server now to see if it has any bots/bugs, but in the mean time, wanted to get people thoughts and see if anyone has seen this before. I have ruled out the database since they can access the admin site. I don't see any strange error messages in error log. Should I put on Strict Error logging, or would you recommend something else first?

Thanks

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CAN access Admin, but not online catalog

Quote Originally Posted by mjbwebdesigns View Post
    This is sort of the reverse of the normal cannot access admin site. Up until the client contacting me today, their site was operating as normal for the past 6 months or so. For some reason now, they are getting the general error message of "Warning an error occurred please refresh the page and try again" when trying to go to the online store, but the strange thing is they are able to get to the admin site, and login, with no problem.

I'm running a couple malware programs on their server now to see if it has any bots/bugs, but in the mean time, wanted to get people thoughts and see if anyone has seen this before. I have ruled out the database since they can access the admin site. I don't see any strange error messages in error log. Should I put on Strict Error logging, or would you recommend something else first?

Thanks

Mike
    The error message, which I've highlighted above, is normally accompanied by a file myDEBUG*.log, present in your store's /logs directory (since you're running v1.5.1). If you have such a file, post the contents of the most recent one that doesn't include -adm- in its name.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CAN access Admin, but not online catalog

Thank you for the reply. I was about to reply with the fact that I couldn't find that debug file, and even post a screen shot. But then it dawned on me that there is a separate logs folder under the zen cart installation, and I was looking in the web servers.

Thanks

Mike