Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set clothing sizes? Searched ALLOT but not finding what I need

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerstuff View Post
    Is there a way to hide a Catagory like to hide an item?
    Not a problem you can hide a category, BUT if the items are also not hidden, then they will show up in new products, recently listed, etc. - if the customer searches that way. In other words an active product may still be seen (and found by search engines) even if it is in a hidden category.

A lot of the questions about the files you want to import and then use for updates are probably too specific for this forum, but again I would suggest you really think about the work that you will have not only for this initial set-up but for the ongoing maintenance. It sounds like you are wanting a lot of automation that might make your work easier, but if it comes at the expense of visitor experience, you might have no sales traffic to automate . . .
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Default Re: How do I set clothing sizes? Searched ALLOT but not finding what I need

I am thinking of the customer allot also in how I "WANT" things set up, though I have not been able to set things up that way yet.
    I just really whacked up my catalog/products last night too!
    I am learning though!

Do you know what I would need to set to hide the catagory and items and where to find it? I have looked and done some searching but not found what I am looking for yet.

I am not sure this right or will work as I think?
    I am thinking what I can do is kinda hide 1 category called "Extra Stuff" and hide that.
    Then in a spreadsheet make a CVS file and set all 1500 items I DO NOT want right now to HIDE and Catafory is Extra Stuff.
    That way all items in the suppliers CVS are on the site and avoid problems there in later CVS imports.
    Then when I need to update important things like price and quantity in stock I could import a CVS with JUST Item #, Price, and Quantity fields.
    I think that would update all items at one time, even those hidden ones.
    I think that would get my store open with th4e items I want to sell right now, then later I can go through the Extra Stuff catagory 1 item at a time if needed to edit them and move to a real category and un-hide them.

As I learn more about how some things are working, I think I can edit a CVS file to make my items with sizes load more the way we want them.
    Catagory/subs "Motorcycle" then "vests" then "ladies" or "Mens" then "myvests" and that Sub-category show the details like an item should.
    Then Items like myvestsXXL would just be the item number for each size of vest only showing just the fields to order like a title 2XL, quantity, and add to cart.
    If it would work that way that would get all sizes on the same page I THINK.

At this time to keep it simple I think I will disable things like "Show NEW Products" Date Added "What Others Bought" etc... as that may help add confusion.

When I am shopping I often find those kind of things annoying also myself anyway. Like if I am buying a computer Mother Board what do I care if the last few people also bought a Waffle Iron or tent.

I got my site items and catagories back kinda like they were again now.
    I had them really messed up after importing the last CVS to change prices.

Some things seem complicated to do, but some things are just so simple and easy it actually makes it harder LOL
    I was looking everywhere for settings to hide/disable the categories and could not find anything anywhere!
    I never thought to click on the green square showing a category was active! HA HA
    I thought it was just an icon to show the status, here it was what I was looking for all the time!
    As they say, want to make something hard to find, hide it in plain sight.

Now I will get back to trying to fix the clothing sizes problem again.
    Learned allot more stuff today, and I think fixing the mess I made yesterday has helped me figure a easier way to get all sizes on one page to order from.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123