Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 - PayPal mods crazy results

In the process of upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.1

I just did a test order using PayPal, Everything seemed to work ok, took me out to paypal Logged in , payment worked sent me back to Zen cart, then took me to confirm I clicked then it displayed SOMEONE else as the billing address and buyer and me as the shipping address. The other name was a customer from a year ago. For some reason Zen cart was pulling a name from the database of an old customer?? Also made me go through three checkout pages and the last page looked a bit disfigured with three edit buttons ?? No indication of these "phantom buyer" address was in PayPal so it is all related to Zen cart. The PayPal payment processed fine. I assume ( and hope) my web guy was using an old PayPal mod and there is a new one fro 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Default What Paypal mod needs updating with 1.5.1

So I am in the process of upgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 . Running both PayPal Express and PayPal payment Pro.
    But after upgrade did a PayPal express test and although payment processed ok, the "return" from Paypal with buyer info was screwed up to say the least. Instead of my test buyer (me), it put into the billing address the name and address of an old customer from 2013 , apparently pulling this info form my DB. Also, after Paypal sent me back to Zen cart, I had Three Confirm pages to go through, usually only one or two. ?? So my question is what PayPal mod needs to be updated for zen 1.5.1 ? I read one PayPal mod (PayPal Express Checkout Using NVP 84.0 : ) that does not work with PayPal Payment pro.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 - PayPal mods crazy results

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmc3 View Post
    In the process of upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.1

I just did a test order using PayPal, Everything seemed to work ok, took me out to paypal Logged in , payment worked sent me back to Zen cart, then took me to confirm I clicked then it displayed SOMEONE else as the billing address and buyer and me as the shipping address. The other name was a customer from a year ago. For some reason Zen cart was pulling a name from the database of an old customer?? Also made me go through three checkout pages and the last page looked a bit disfigured with three edit buttons ?? No indication of these "phantom buyer" address was in PayPal so it is all related to Zen cart. The PayPal payment processed fine. I assume ( and hope) my web guy was using an old PayPal mod and there is a new one fro 1.5.1
    Sounds like something wrong with your data.

1. The built-in PayPal modules that come in the v1.5.1 distribution files work correctly out-of-the-box. No plugins required.

2. The "other customer address" experience you mention looks like something wrong with your data, not the built-in PayPal code.
    If you can recreate the exact same scenario again on-demand over and over, then turning on the debug logs may reveal information that will help you sort out what it's getting from the database when it does its normal lookups. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.