Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with TaxCloud

Is there a way that I can view the contents of the array $order->info somewhere in ZenCart?

I'm specifically trying to find the amount of sales tax that is being charged in an order but can't seem to find a suitable place for me to use the fn_print_r($order->info) command at?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Viewing the contents of $order->info

On which page do you want to view these contents?

Plugin Contributions

I managed to get this one. I wanted to show it on checkout_confirmation since I kept running into the error message 'Cart-ID not being found' or something like. I wound up downgrading back down to v1.5.1 and I'm still encountering problems regarding TaxCloud and PayPal Express Checkout.

My situation is similar to this one now where I can see the order is charged successfully, the customer gets the notification that the paypal account was charged, however, I now have a blank page with this error message:

Array ( [0] => This transaction has already been captured (OrderID : 1) )
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-shopping-cart

So I did some searching in the forum and found this topic but I'm not quite sure what the person did to fix this.

In addition, using TaxCloud and the "Normal" method, that is customer logins and then chooses PayPal, nets me the following result:
    Array ( [0] => A matching lookup could not be found for this authorization (CartID : 57209) )

So my question is now, how and where do I get started with this? Should I reset this again or just leave off TaxCloud?

I can't figure out for me what to do with regards to this:

List of App's on my installation.

** Super Orders
    ** E-Mail Archive Manager (custom /admin file)
    -- Easy Populate (fix and remove easy populate)
    ** Google Anayltics
    ** Store Credit
    ** Reward Point Configuration
    ** Ty Package Tracker
    ** Google Merchant Center Feeder Configuration
    ** Quickbooks Credit Cards
    == Bitcoin / Coinbase
    ** USPS, FedEx, UPS
    ** Products as Rows/Columns
    Find Duplicate Models
    ** Checkout by Amazon
    ** SysCheck-That Software Guy
    * Table Discounts, Discount Preview
    ** Newsletters by MailChimp
    --Privacy Policy, Terms/Conditions, Shipping/Refund Policy
    --ENTIRE ABAGON DIRECTORIES
    --Numinix Product Fields

Plugin Contributions

Have you submitted a support request to us (TaxCloud)? You can file a request via http://service.taxcloud.net or via email [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Taxcloud View Post
    Have you submitted a support request to us (TaxCloud)? You can file a request via http://service.taxcloud.net or via email [email protected]
    Already did on another issue, waiting for a response back to that one. Was at some point also going to call in but I wanted to do more tinkering and testing and see if I can figure this out.

Plugin Contributions

<p>
    Solved almost all issues regarding the TaxCloud mod. Including not setting the TIC via a code in the Tax Class description but via 5 digit field and having that field searched by TaxCloud in the end. (This doesn&#39;t change much but I just wanted it to happen.) I even managed to get rid of free_free and changed it to free_virtual and changed a bunch of order.php and others... Also added in the automatic assignment of a TIC since in ZenCart all Gift Certificates MUST start with &quot;GIFT&quot; in the beginning part of the model.<br />
    <br />
    The problems that I&#39;m now having is that TaxCloud is NOT firing off on the calculation of tax on virtual only carts. That is all carts that involve download only items or gift certificates aren&#39;t calculating tax. If however I add in an item that isn&#39;t virtual only or a gift certificate, TaxCloud is called in and calculates tax as normal. What I would like to know is how can I FORCE tax cloud to fire off in the event that a customer doesn&#39;t land on &quot;checkout_shipping&quot;? I&#39;m guessing this to be the problem since it fires off whenever a customer comes in to Step 1 of 3.&nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    <br />
    The second problem is the fact that the coupons aren&#39;t being added to the calculation of with ot_taxcloud_exemption. What makes matters worse is that if I enable ot_taxcloud_exemption, the emails that are generated do not include the calculation of the gift certificate to the email and database. Here&#39;s what I mean, if I use both ot_coupon and ot_taxcloud_coupon, I see two fields asking for a coupon code and both will show the same message in general. (This is a given since ot_taxcloud_coupon CALLS ot_coupon). Going further, even with different calculation levels, the calculation is applied while on checkout_confirmation BUT the calculation is NOT applied to the emails being sent out to the customer/admin</p>
    <p>
    <br />
    </p>
    <p>
    <br />
    Furthermore, any order which is full virtual goods do not register under the Transactions in TaxCloud&#39;s control panel (granted this bit is a non-ZenCart issue, it still ties in since there is a call from ZenCart to TaxCloud with no error messages being generated on either end.) That&#39;s all I can figure out from here. If anyone knows of any way to fix these, please let me know.</p>
    <p>
    <br />
    Also regarding my original problem with the &quot;Order ID ...&quot; error messages, it turns out that I fixed this by creating a new localhost site for my own testing server. The ID#&#39;s are tested on add to see if its already been captured. And if you were running the local and testing server like I was at almost the same time,y ou would get errors. So the fix for this is just to make a new site in TaxCloud&#39;s testing panel.</p>
    Last edited by retched; 4 May 2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: To try and correct the horrible formatting.

Plugin Contributions

Wow, thats a lot to consider, but lets start with something easy...

Did you add a New Tax Class for your digital goods?

To add a new tax class/TIC:
    1. Go to Locations/Taxes > Tax Classes.
    2. Click the “New Tax Class” button.
    3. Enter the TIC number in the “Tax Class Title” field and a description in the “Description” field.
    4. Click the “insert” button.

To determine the most appropriate TIC, log into your TaxCloud account and take a look at the various TICs available - Goto Account --> Taxability Codes --> Explore TICs, and browse to Computers --> Digital Products and review the different options and descriptions to find the most appropriate one.

Once digital goods Tax Class (or Classes, if multiple are appropriate) is/are created, go to your catalog and assign it/them to your digital products:
    1. Select a product by going to Catalog > Categories/Products.
    2. Browse to the product you would like to edit.
    3. Select the appropriate tax class from the “Tax Class” drop-down.
    4. Save your changes.

That should at least solve you digital goods issue.

Plugin Contributions

Please feel free to call - our phone number is proudly displayed at the top of every page in TaxCloud - we are generally available from 6 am to 6 pm pacific time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Taxcloud View Post
    Wow, thats a lot to consider, but lets start with something easy...

Did you add a New Tax Class for your digital goods?

To add a new tax class/TIC:
    1. Go to Locations/Taxes > Tax Classes.
    2. Click the “New Tax Class” button.
    3. Enter the TIC number in the “Tax Class Title” field and a description in the “Description” field.
    4. Click the “insert” button.

To determine the most appropriate TIC, log into your TaxCloud account and take a look at the various TICs available - Goto Account --> Taxability Codes --> Explore TICs, and browse to Computers --> Digital Products and review the different options and descriptions to find the most appropriate one.

Once digital goods Tax Class (or Classes, if multiple are appropriate) is/are created, go to your catalog and assign it/them to your digital products:
    1. Select a product by going to Catalog > Categories/Products.
    2. Browse to the product you would like to edit.
    3. Select the appropriate tax class from the “Tax Class” drop-down.
    4. Save your changes.

That should at least solve you digital goods issue.
    For the digital goods I did assign them a tax class of either 00000 (for general stuff) or I jerry-rigged any Gift Certificate (since gift certificates are required to start with GIFT, I made a preg_match function with the result assiging a TIC of 10005 for those). But even assigning a TIC doesn't resolve the issue, I still get zero tax calculated on carts with just virtual statuses. Even on those from PayPAl (side note: any paypal cart which has virtual items causes an infinite loop :/ And I can't figure out why.)

Plugin Contributions

Hey Retched,
    Assigning the general goods TIC: 00000 will NOT attract the tax treatment you are seeking/expecting for digital goods. I cannot advise you on the exact TIC code to use, because I am not your accountant, but I can assure you that you will want/need to select a TIC for your digital goods. I provided instructions in my previous post - did those not work?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast