Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking to migrate to ZenCart

Btw, wasn't e of the design questions, but also after import of your oscommerce products,it is possible to repeatedly import/export products so that can update various attributes en mass. There are a few code additions/mods that are freely available with some/more available I believe for a cost. Easy populate and apsona are two that come to mind as free products.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    PM me the link, and I will take a look, and give my 2 cents
    Thanks Design75, just pm'd ya
    hope nobody thinks I'm hijacking thread, just trying to help.

Plugin Contributions

Not hijacking the thread at all!!! You guys have responded quicker and clearer than anything I have experienced on OSCommerce forums to date :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Thanks Design75, just pm'd ya
    hope nobody thinks I'm hijacking thread, just trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiBooks View Post
    Not hijacking the thread at all!!! You guys have responded quicker and clearer than anything I have experienced on OSCommerce forums to date :)
    I would agree that it is not a hijacking either. I would however think that the posting on a board that a pm was sent is likely unnecessary, although maybe I'm one of the few that has setup (accepted) pms to automatically email making any other notification just a duplication of the first. :)

It would also seem (and I do apologize if there. Is any type of "tone" to this, but I had written a rather nice response then upon sending the network connection iam at changed something and I lost what I wrote.) Anyways, it would seem to me that if the posting guidelines are followed related to posting a web address then the autoweb machines won't leach, and would only have to worry about the "readers" (live people) which wouldn't be "helped" by use of pm per se. :)

All the same, all I can say is go open source! (Hmm, what does os in oscommerce stand for?) Zen Cart is highly maleable, but the further from the "norm" the harder to update to the next version.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all.

Well I have taken the first step by installing ZenCart. The PM that was sent has disappeared!!!!! I know I didn't delete it Just says no new messages and cannot find a link to old messages. HELP please :)

Also need to look how to get a different template, my OSC system uses a much wider template than the standard ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all.

Well I have taken the first step by installing ZenCart. The PM that was sent has disappeared!!!!! I know I didn't delete it Just says no new messages and cannot find a link to old messages. HELP please :)

Also need to look how to get a different template, my OSC system uses a much wider template than the standard ZenCart.
    In the forum template I am using I would go to the upper right corner that says settings, then left side that shows inbox. There you will find the message(s) sent to you.

There are plenty of templates available in the plugins section. (Free). Suggest using one of them. Typically can see a sample before downloading. There are a few template producing groups that you are probably better off staying away from, but there are plenty of threads in the forum about that. Further, remember they too are custumizable, so if you don't like the look of something, hack away. :)

Important thing to know and realize is that you are best off leaving the default template information as is and either making a copy of it to modify or install another template. Might I suggest taking a look at the plugin that has override in the title. It shows where all the override (and core) files are by folder. Very helpful when designing your new store. Especially since it seems like you know how to code.

Plugin Contributions

I clicked on settings and ............ NO Inbox .... strange!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I clicked on settings and ............ NO Inbox .... strange!!!!
    To ensure on the same page, I'm using the zencart 2014 template. When selecting settings, on the left upper side is a my messages window area. In there is inbox and sent messages followed by any other folders that may have been created. Deleting a message requires a little effort and you would have to agree (typically) to delete the message before it is totally gone. You could also send yourself a pm and possibly get back into that area after it is sent and you go to read the message. Btw, any issues experienced using the forum are not directly related to ZC as the forum is hosted by a product that is not of the ZC creation but one used to provide a way to obtain support.

Plugin Contributions

Okay guys ... I found it ... had to go to General Settings and click on Private Messaging System hyperlink halfway down the page to get to the Inbox!!!

I will sort out a new template tonight and then see how the free product works. Once I get that into place then the rest can come in time until I have a fully operational testbed as we want it to run and if all OK then try to transfer the 5500 products over :)

Plugin Contributions

Okay guys ... I found it ... had to go to General Settings and click on Private Messaging System hyperlink halfway down the page to get to the Inbox!!!

I will sort out a new template tonight and then see how the free product works. Once I get that into place then the rest can come in time until I have a fully operational testbed as we want it to run and if all OK then try to transfer the 5500 products over :)
    Be advised that some of the responsive templates can take a while to setup, I think it's worth it, but take a look at their operation before trying to install. Typically the instructions are very clear and will result in a good final product, but there may also be some "fixes" that are published in the many pages associated with that template's forum topic. Good luck and have fun!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast