Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking to migrate to ZenCart

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBooks View Post
    Well after a bit of playing around I have blended the CSS Flyout Menu into the new site template. Love to know what you all think.

http://digibooks.org.uk/TESTBED
    Generally looks good. On a blackberry 9930, though the center area slightly overlaps theleft sideboxes (the arrow isalmost not visible) and then not sure if on purpose or not each flight out menu overlaps the previous to cover the arrow and then some.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Generally looks good. On a blackberry 9930, though the center area slightly overlaps theleft sideboxes (the arrow isalmost not visible) and then not sure if on purpose or not each flight out menu overlaps the previous to cover the arrow and then some.
    Appreciate your feedback. OK I haven't taken Blackberry (or similar) into consideration as the site is aimed at downloading multi-format zip files to PC and then uploading to Kindle or other e-book reader. I'll check it out on my Kindle Fire HD and see how it looks.

Plugin Contributions

OK I see your point ... even on the PC as each fly out runs it covers the arrow from the previous left-hand element. I'll take a look into that as the fly-out is based on the original sidebox width of 150px whereas the Bookshelf tempate requires the settings to 175px. So obviously I need to change something else to get the fly-out clear of the previous menu item.

Plugin Contributions

OK I see your point ... even on the PC as each fly out runs it covers the arrow from the previous left-hand element. I'll take a look into that as the fly-out is based on the original sidebox width of 150px whereas the Bookshelf tempate requires the settings to 175px. So obviously I need to change something else to get the fly-out clear of the previous menu item.
    Think it is all now sorted ... I had missed changing one 150px size to 175px :/

Plugin Contributions

And I've switched off changing the background color on hover to preserve all the arrows.

Plugin Contributions

Okay guys ... I did say at the start that I would need your hep from time to time initially so I'm hoping someone here can help me please.

I have successfully converted the OSC Products to ZenCart. As I mentioned earlier OSC does not allow you to pick and choose where you want to store images. So I have Author images and Book Covers which I want to store in 2 separate folders.

I did a test to upload a new author image for an exiting author and find that in the database instead of it showing "James Patterson.jpg" it now shows "authors/James Patterson.jpg" ... perfect!

I am not brilliant with MySQL at this time ... so is there a simple way I can prefix every image with "authors/"? Either by running some sort of SQL query or a small program that reads the image name in and rewrites it with the prefix.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Okay guys ... I did say at the start that I would need your hep from time to time initially so I'm hoping someone here can help me please.

I have successfully converted the OSC Products to ZenCart. As I mentioned earlier OSC does not allow you to pick and choose where you want to store images. So I have Author images and Book Covers which I want to store in 2 separate folders.

I did a test to upload a new author image for an exiting author and find that in the database instead of it showing "James Patterson.jpg" it now shows "authors/James Patterson.jpg" ... perfect!

I am not brilliant with MySQL at this time ... so is there a simple way I can prefix every image with "authors/"? Either by running some sort of SQL query or a small program that reads the image name in and rewrites it with the prefix.

Thanks in advance
    Maybe you could use easy populate 4 for this. The module creates a csv file which can be edited in something like excel.

Plugin Contributions

Fabulous .. will take a look because there are a few other things I need to change in bulk.

I assume just download the products file, empty the table and reload the csv?

Plugin Contributions

Fabulous .. will take a look because there are a few other things I need to change in bulk.

I assume just download the products file, empty the table and reload the csv?
    That could be one way. The other is to assign a model # to every item prior to download (there's a sql query a few pages back from the end I think) that will assign a unique model number if you haven't prepopulated your database with one.

The only issue though that I see with dumping the product table is that there may be information in other tables related to that (products_description, categories_to_products, etc.) That may become orphaned if done that way.

Forgot to mention, no prob, it's a pleasure to help those that help themselves and just need a little guidance to get where they want/need.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 5 May 2014 at 06:20 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again guys. I found an SQL Update command to change every value in one field from zero to 1 so looking to see if there is and append string command that might work :)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast