Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ERROR, Don't know what to search for!

. Quantity Units errors - You ordered a total of: 1 Min: 0 Units: 0
    Broke SOMETHING and I don't know what, or how to do any search for how to fix it since I am not sure what the problem would be!

I did really mess up my Category/Products when I imported a CVS that did not work as I expected it to. My fault, not any program!
    I ended up with about 200 categories and around 2000 items. All the categories showed a yellow icon for linked after the import.

I deleted all of the categories I did not want and hopefully the product in them also deleted!
    I kept the stuff I already had installed and working, but of course it was wrong.

I imported my backup CVS which was JUST the items I already had set up correctly, then I had saved it before the bad import I did.
    So backup should be correct.
    I did not want those old prices and the bad import I did had the correct prices, so I deleted the price column from the back up and saved as a new file, then imported it.
    I thought that would update all the items on the site to be correct again, but I guess it did not?

Or do I have some other setting wrong somewhere I don't know about?

Here is a link to my site if anyone wants to looks and see if they can see what's wrong.
    http://shirts-and-stuff.com/zenstore/

There are very few items that will go into the cart correctly, most I have tried give the error I quoted above. All of the items DO have an amount of quantity showing so they should be IN STOCK. Almost ALL categories are still showing linked. They were already there before I did the bad import and full of working products, but those products do not work now.

Is there a way to UN-link those easy, or would I be best to just delete everything and import my backup CVS thatg has the wrong prices in it then work on correcting prices?

I would run a local store for testing and avoided this mess, but I have not been able to download the files I need from the MS site so I can install WAMP.

I just set up Paypal to take payments a few minutes ago and that is working as far as I can tell so far, when I can find a product that works anyway, and though I have not gone public with my store Who's Online has been showing guests often, often a few but I have had 46 at least yesterday at one time and 37 just now when I started posting this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERROR, Don't know what to search for!

NOTE: You have Minimum and Unit set to 0 on your Products ...

You cannot buy 0 Widgets ... you need your Minimum and Units set to 1 ...

In the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ... run this:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_quantity_order_units = 1, products_quantity_order_min = 1;
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Also, if you go to your Zen Cart Admin and in the Configuration ... GZip settings and Turn on GZip, do you find this speeds up your site?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Thank YOU

I am backing up my database now, as soon as that is done I will run that code.

So both those fields need to be set to 1 for all products available for sale then.
    I will check my CVS file and see what is in there also.

I will try the Gzip and see, have not done it yet so don't know.

Plugin Contributions

Unless you have Products with different Minimum or Units, yes, they should both be set to 1 ...
    Linda McGrath

I wonder how long it takes to backup a database, mine should not be too large yet I think.
    Been sitting here a short time now, Still have a box "Backing up Database... " and it has a green check mark?
    Gee, does that mean it's working now, or that's it's done?
    Never backed it up before so don't know if that just goes away on it's own when done or not.

Plugin Contributions

When I do my database backups, I don't use my hosting company's "Backup" link. Instead I go to phpMyAdmin directly (there's usually a link to that program from your cPanel).
    1. From the left-hand display, choose the database to be backed up.
    2. From the top tab-menu, choose Export.
    3. If given a Quick / Custom choice, choose Custom.
    4. Make sure that all the tables are selected, choose your favorite Compression Method (e.g. zipped, gzipped), the Format is set to SQL, select "ADD DROP TABLE ..."
    5. Click Go and choose a local folder on your computer in which to save the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Unless you have Products with different Minimum or Units, yes, they should both be set to 1 ...
    Units? Do you mean like a 12pack sold as 12 only? And Minimum would be like single items but I only would sell 5 or more at a time but not 1 or 2 ?

I'll have to look to see how those are setup. I think a display box of 12, 24, etc.. is setup as a signal item, order 1 and it's the full 1 display box of 12 etc.. you'd get.

That is something I need to check and be sure of. Thanks for mentioning it.

When I sell imprinted items later I will need to remember to watch this part. I may price them as each, but sell 36 to a case, minimum full cases, like for events.

Plugin Contributions

A minimum is where a customer must order at least XX qty ...

A Unit is used if you want to control how many can be ordered based on things like you must order in qty of 12, 24, 36 so the Unit would be 12 and in that case, the Minimum must be able to be set based on that Unit ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast