Plugin Contributions

Default Using an exisiting "customised" web site as the basis for a 2nd and 3rd web site

Have had to start re doing a few web sites due to previous web site hoster / admin going out of business
    and all work and web sites lost . A fair amount of changes were made by him and I to how each looked.

So, I have started work on the first web site, getting it basically how I want it with the side boxes where I want them, CKEditor installed and a few other minor things. Am just about to get an external person to do the headings and titles
    or teach me how to do it.

My question is, once I have this one web site sorted and want to start on a 2nd and 3rd web site, how do I go about using the first web sites layout and settings without having to start from scratch again and go through the manual process of making the (manual) changes each time ?

I hope that is clear. Thanks in anticipation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using an exisiting "customised" web site as the basis for a 2nd and 3rd web site

Once you get to the point where your "base" is to your liking, make a file-system and database backup (and save them on your local hard-disk). You can then use those backups as the starting point for websites #2 and onward.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using an exisiting "customised" web site as the basis for a 2nd and 3rd web site

lat9

Thank you.