Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Responsive - categories menu

Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    After doing a fresh install, whenever a customer adds an item to the shopping cart or makes an update to it they get the following message.
    I tried the same thing in the classic template and the error did not appear.

An unknown response null: :text/html: :SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed.
    This is not an inherent problem with the template package. What version of zen cart are you running? Do you have the ajax.php file in your store root directory?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am using version 1.5.4 and yes the ajax.php file is in the store root directory.
    I have read up on similar errors and they are all apparently with "responsive" websites.
    The website I forgot to mention earlier is http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This is not an inherent problem with the template package. What version of zen cart are you running? Do you have the ajax.php file in your store root directory?

Thanks,

Anne
    Anne
    I found the answer and the issue was also evident on the Sheffield Responsive Template. Unfortunately the answer did not come up when I searched for it. After going through a few pages I found what appeared to the be answer and yes it worked.
    I removed the following file: includes/templates/winchester_responsive/jscript/jscript_framework.php
    Thought you would like to know.
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    Anne
    I found the answer and the issue was also evident on the Sheffield Responsive Template. Unfortunately the answer did not come up when I searched for it. After going through a few pages I found what appeared to the be answer and yes it worked.
    I removed the following file: includes/templates/winchester_responsive/jscript/jscript_framework.php
    Thought you would like to know.
    I am happy that you figured it out. I do have this change already noted for future template updates.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am happy that you figured it out. I do have this change already noted for future template updates...
    I'm a little puzzled. I note this file jscript_framework.php is exact same as in Winchester Black Responsive. Yet I haven't had problems in live or test mode with adding or changing items in cart. Should this file be deleted from all the responsive templates?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    I'm a little puzzled. I note this file jscript_framework.php is exact same as in Winchester Black Responsive. Yet I haven't had problems in live or test mode with adding or changing items in cart. Should this file be deleted from all the responsive templates?
    "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;) But, you can try backing the file up and seeing if not having it there causes any problems.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne

please can you assist - I have installed the "hide categories" plugin but I don't know how to get the top "Categories" menu on Winchester Responsive not to show the hidden categories. Can you tell me what code I need to change/insert and where, please?

Thanks

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    Anne

please can you assist - I have installed the "hide categories" plugin but I don't know how to get the top "Categories" menu on Winchester Responsive not to show the hidden categories. Can you tell me what code I need to change/insert and where, please?

Thanks

Cliff
    I can not give you any specifics because I have not used that plugin. The top categories menu uses the ul generator in includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php and the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I can not give you any specifics because I have not used that plugin. The top categories menu uses the ul generator in includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php and the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Anne

I found this plugin recommended on your website at https://www.picaflor-azul.com/hide-c...en-cart-plugin so I assumed that you would also therefore had made it work with your templates, else why would you recommend it...

Are you able to quote me for adapting/customising your template to work with this please? After which I will gladly donate it back to the community to use free-of-charge.

regards

Cliff

Plugin Contributions

OK I made it work myself. For anyone else wishing to do make the hide categories plugin work with the responsive templates, this is what I changed:

in includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php around lines 43 to 48

I changed:
    PHP Code:
     $categories_query "select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id
                                            from " 
    TABLE_CATEGORIES " c, " TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION " cd
                                            where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id
                                            and c.categories_status=1 " 

" and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' " .

" order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name"
    to:

PHP Code:
    $categories_query "select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id
                                            from " 
    TABLE_CATEGORIES " c, " TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION " cd," TABLE_HIDE_CATEGORIES " cde
                                             where c.categories_id=cd.categories_id and c.categories_id=cde.categories_id and cd.language_id='" 
    .  (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' and c.parent_id= '0' and c.categories_status='1' and cde.visibility_status < 2 OR cde.visibility_status IS NULL;
                                            " 
    order by c.parent_idc.sort_ordercd.categories_name"; 
    An voila! the hidden categories do NOT show up under the "Category" menu heading.

CAUTION: After install of the plugin you have to physically edit each of your categories and save them, whether or not they are hidden.

Cheers

Cliff
    Last edited by cliffvt; 31 Jul 2015 at 02:43 PM.

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast