Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Responsive - Contact Form Issue

I experienced the same Admin lockout as @HeleneWallis after installing the Winchester Responsive v.2.0 (14 Feb 2021) template.

My installation is a fresh Zen Cart 1.57c on PhP 7.4 with MySQL 5.7.
    No other Zen Cart plugins or alterations were installed.

My debug log file was showing this fatal error:

--> PHP Fatal error: 1067:Invalid default value for 'date_added' :: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS flexible_footer_menu(
    page_id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    language_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
    page_title varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    page_url varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT NULL,
    col_header varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT NULL,
    col_image varchar(254) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    col_html_text text CHARACTER SET utf8,
    status int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    col_sort_order int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    col_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    date_added datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    last_update datetime DEFAULT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`page_id`)
    I am going to agree with the observation by @lat9 on this:

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Noting that I've seen a bunch of winchester-based sites that include a flexible-footer-menu for which (at least for prior versions) the date_added default is 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (a no-no for strict MySQL installations).
    After comparing code to that from the separate Flexible Footer Multilingual installer, this is the fix that worked for me:
    1. Install fresh version of Zen Cart 1.57c.
    2. Before installing the Winchester Responsive 2.0 template, make this change to this one file the installation package:

In the includes/templates/winchester_responsive_2.0/files/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/installers/winchester_responsive/1_0.php on line 139 change:

Code:
    date_added datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    to

Code:
    date_added datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0001-01-01 00:00:00',

Follow the usual Winchester Responsive installation procedure (upload files, choose template, reset layout boxes).

Plugin Contributions

I can not get my EZ Pages links to show up in the Winchester Responsive template top menu (Slimmenu) where it says "Useful Links".

All the standard EZ page settings are enabled, including the EZ Page Drop Menu in the Winchester sidebox layout boxes.

The rest of the Slimmenu works fine.

Installed on Zen Cart 1.57c on PhP 7.4. No other plugins installed.

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here,

Quote Originally Posted by owen26 View Post
    I can not get my EZ Pages links to show up in the Winchester Responsive template top menu (Slimmenu) where it says "Useful Links".

All the standard EZ page settings are enabled, including the EZ Page Drop Menu in the Winchester sidebox layout boxes.

The rest of the Slimmenu works fine.

Installed on Zen Cart 1.57c on PhP 7.4. No other plugins installed.

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I have successfully installed this template now, and begun to customize it for our use. But the area for the company logo is much too small for our logo. I've increased the size of that frame, but when I do, it pushes down the register/login portion. There is plenty of room in that part of the screen on the desktop version for a reasonably sized company logo. I assume the reason for restricting it is to allow the image to be displayed appropriately on the phone and tablet versions. But it seems as though you should be able to display the desired logo on the desktop version even if a different one is required for mobile devices. Does anyone know of a workaround or solution for this?

Plugin Contributions

One additional problem--I edited the 'Share and Connect' text only enough to replace the template author's Facebook address with our own, and now that whole block of text is being displayed instead of the social media icons that were there before. I've checked and I did not write over any quotes or other required punctuation in the html. Does anyone know how to get the icons back? I know which file to edit to replace the link for each one, but thought it would be easier to do it through the admin tools.

After this posted, I found another post relating to the same problem, with answers from people who have fixed it.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ble-footer-fix
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 6 Jun 2021 at 11:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    I have successfully installed this template now, and begun to customize it for our use. But the area for the company logo is much too small for our logo. I've increased the size of that frame, but when I do, it pushes down the register/login portion. There is plenty of room in that part of the screen on the desktop version for a reasonably sized company logo. I assume the reason for restricting it is to allow the image to be displayed appropriately on the phone and tablet versions. But it seems as though you should be able to display the desired logo on the desktop version even if a different one is required for mobile devices. Does anyone know of a workaround or solution for this?
    For some time now, we have advocated putting the logo in the define_main_page and not even display the logo or wrapper.
    Haredo.com is where we first did it. Topkayaker.com amd spicewoodfood.com were more recent with the Spicewood logo being the majority of the info.
    It's our belief that it's more important for the side columns to be "above the fold" on a desktop and that the logo is not needed in mobile. With the ability of today's Search Engines, most folks won't see a site's main page anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    For some time now, we have advocated putting the logo in the define_main_page and not even display the logo or wrapper.
    Haredo.com is where we first did it. Topkayaker.com amd spicewoodfood.com were more recent with the Spicewood logo being the majority of the info.
    It's our belief that it's more important for the side columns to be "above the fold" on a desktop and that the logo is not needed in mobile. With the ability of today's Search Engines, most folks won't see a site's main page anyway.
    That's an interesting idea and I'll look at the sites you listed. I can redo the logo so it's formatted as more of a square than a long rectangle. That will make it fit better in the assigned space. But it's the only design element remaining from our very first website, and has some value to me for that reason, if nothing else.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding the Share and Connect problems in the flexible footer menu, here are the steps you need to take to fix this. You do need access to phpMyAdmin (part of cPanel) on your file hosting site, or whatever analogue your host provides for that.

1. Use Tools/Flexible Footer Menu to edit the Share and Connect text, substituting your company info for the picoflorazul text in the Facebook and other links. Copy that text to notebook or wordpad or wherever is a convenient temporary storage place. Don't save it. Just copy and paste to somewhere else.

2. Connect to your host, log in to cPanel and click on phpMyAdmin.

3. Choose the appropriate database. These are listed in the left hand sidebar. You'll see one that ends "_dbname" where "dbname" is the name you used when you first installed Zencart and created a database for it. There may be others but you want the one that ends with the name you chose. For many people, that's going to be "_zencart." But if you used a different name for your database, choose that one instead. Click on the database name.

4. Scroll down the list of tables on the left hand side of the screen until you find "Flexible Footer Menu" and click on that.

5. Look down at the very last row ID (26) on the list of rows in that table. Click on 'Edit' at the beginning of row 26. This will bring up another screen showing each of the fields on that row.

6. In the 'Col_html_text' field, replace whatever is there with the text you saved when you used the admin tools to edit that field.

7. Scroll farther down to where you see an icon labeled 'Go.' Click on that and your changes will be saved. DO NOT go back and save what you entered with the admin tools. All you needed that for was the basic code pattern that let you substitute your own social media urls for the ones that were in there to begin with. If you save what you edited there, you'll have to go back through this whole process again.

If you need to edit the text for the Share and Connect column again, you'll need to do the same thing.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 7 Jun 2021 at 11:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

1.5.7c
    I ve just changed my host but cannot restore my old zencart.( I cannot access my website from the previous host) Anyway, I decided to start from zero again. So the original template was zencart without and mod/upgared. I will used this template but when I download and installed the template in my page. There is no drop down list (in admin tool) to change from default zencart template to this template. What s wrong with my installation?
    First, I extract the file in Myshop/includes/template then I check in admin tool, nothing appeared, So I changed to extract the file again in Myshop. and again no list in the tool.
    May be I miss some steps. Can anyone send me the link for installation steps of the template to zencart.
    TIA

Plugin Contributions

Try clicking on admin>Tools>Layout Boxes Controller. This worked for me when using clone-a-template.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....t-Thread/page8
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast