Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Responsive

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    Hello,

I want to turn on the left column on the home page of the Winchester Responsive template, just as it is on other pages. The left column is turned off on the home page by an override. Where's that override, and how do I remove it? (And then I'll put the categories list in that column.)

Also (and probably related) I want to reduce the size of the home page slide show so that the categories listing in the left column is up beside it. (It's a long list of categories.)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Rob
    You can remove the if statement in the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/common/tpl_main_page.php file to turn on the left hand column on the home page.

You can change the size of the slide show in the css stylesheet_flex.css.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Second question...

How do I turn off the Categories > Information > Contact links in the header? Breadcrumbs status doesn't affect those three links.

Thanks,

Rob
    You can edit the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You can remove the if statement in the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/common/tpl_main_page.php file to turn on the left hand column on the home page.
    Thanks Anne. That worked fine.

You can change the size of the slide show in the css stylesheet_flex.css.
    I found a define which changed the size of a slide within the slideshow, but I couldn't seem to shrink the slideshow itself no matter what I tried. Can you offer a hint?

Thanks,
    Rob

Plugin Contributions

You can edit the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file.
    Well, ... someone might be able to edit it, but not me. As with the stylesheet edit I was trying, there are way too many things in there I don't understand, so I'm just swatting flies in the dark.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne. That worked fine.

I found a define which changed the size of a slide within the slideshow, but I couldn't seem to shrink the slideshow itself no matter what I tried. Can you offer a hint?

Thanks,
    Rob
    If you post a link to your site and the width that you want the slide show changed to I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Well, ... someone might be able to edit it, but not me. As with the stylesheet edit I was trying, there are way too many things in there I don't understand, so I'm just swatting flies in the dark.

Rob
    If you want to remove the contact us link in the header remove this from the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php:

Code:
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>" class="mcontact"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT; ?></a></li>
    Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

If you post a link to your site and the width that you want the slide show changed to I can take a look.
    Thanks Anne. The (test) site is at www.horsemansshop.com.au/NewZC2/

If the width can be reduced to the centre column width, so that the (long) categories list can slide up beside it, that would be perfect. In an old-style site I can usually work this sort of thing out, but the added code complications of a responsive site have me wading in deep waters.

Rob
    Last edited by rstevenson; 9 Oct 2015 at 02:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

If you want to remove the contact us link in the header remove this from the includes/templates/winchester_responsive/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php:

Code:
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>" class="mcontact"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT; ?></a></li>
    I can't find that code in that file. (And I haven't modified any of the files yet.) I can find a line very similar to that, but it refers to TITLE_CONTACT not BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

And while I'm asking about that site, www.horsemansshop.com.au/NewZC2/, I may have noticed a bug (gasp!) in the code, or at least an "interesting variation" in the way different browsers read it. View that home page in Safari, Opera and Firefox, all the latest versions (or at least the latest I can get for my Mac OS X v10.6.8 system.) In the first two browsers, the logo is about the same size as your logo in the template as delivered, about 310px wide, while in Firefox the logo is about 900px wide, which is curiously not quite its native file size of 1000px wide.

Any thoughts on this difference would be welcome.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

And while I'm asking about that site, www.horsemansshop.com.au/NewZC2/, I may have noticed a bug (gasp!) in the code, or at least an "interesting variation" in the way different browsers read it. View that home page in Safari, Opera and Firefox, all the latest versions (or at least the latest I can get for my Mac OS X v10.6.8 system.) In the first two browsers, the logo is about the same size as your logo in the template as delivered, about 310px wide, while in Firefox the logo is about 900px wide, which is curiously not quite its native file size of 1000px wide.

Any thoughts on this difference would be welcome.

Rob
    This is not a bug. Why don't you resize your logo down to 310 pixels wide if this is how you want it to render?

Thanks,

Anne

Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast