Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Responsive

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    I have a couple of questions on the mobile functions. So in mobile I can tab on the menu on the top right and it shows me:

Categories
    Information
    Contact

Just taping on the word itself does not result in anything. Took me a while to try the tiny down arrow all the way to the right. Not very user friendly IMHO. Is there a way to make the whole bar and word clickable? Would be way easier. Also can I include a home symbol next to the search symbol? Again, this would greatly help with navigation on mobile.
    Did you ever figure this out? I agree that the small down arrows are a poor design. Also, I think the "Menu" button should actually say "Menu". I get 10-20 users a day on the site that are hitting the Search magnifier icon, or the login icon because they can't find anything that says MENU. Then they leave because they are frustrated. I changed the color of the menu button to red, and it actually helped a little, but I am still getting a lot of confused customers. According to my Piwik stats over 60% of all my visitors are using smart phones.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg23 View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? I agree that the small down arrows are a poor design. Also, I think the "Menu" button should actually say "Menu". I get 10-20 users a day on the site that are hitting the Search magnifier icon, or the login icon because they can't find anything that says MENU. Then they leave because they are frustrated. I changed the color of the menu button to red, and it actually helped a little, but I am still getting a lot of confused customers. According to my Piwik stats over 60% of all my visitors are using smart phones.

I figured out how to convert the small screen gray Menu button with 3 bars into a red menu button with the word "Menu".

------------------

1. In the /css directory, file: stylesheet.css, change line 296 to:

.collapse-button {position: absolute;right: 8px;top: 50%;width: 55px;background: #ff0001;box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1) inset, 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.075);padding: 1px 1px;text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);cursor: pointer;font-size: 14px;text-align: center;transform: translate(0, -50%);-o-transform: translate(0, -50%);-ms-transform: translate(0, -50%);-moz-transform: translate(0, -50%);-webkit-transform: translate(0, -50%);box-sizing: border-box;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box}

Note: in the above line, I changed width from 40px to 50px, background to #ff001 (red), and padding: 7px 10px to padding: 1px 1px

------------------

2. In the /jscript directory, file: jquery.slimmenu.min.js:

find: <span class="Icon-bar"></span><span class="Icon-bar"></span>

Change to: <span>Menu</span>

or if you want it all upper case: <span>MENU</span>

if you want to see the Red Menu Button, goto prowalksales.c0m

Only problem left is the logo graphic. Its 290x103. when I scale down to iPhone size, the Menu Button sits over the logo button. Anybody know if I can make a smaller logo that will only load when the smartphone size screen is displayed.

On
    Last edited by Jeffg23; 16 Mar 2017 at 12:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

On the product listing page I have an odd layout problem. When a product is sold out, I have it display the Sold Out button but just offset behind is the word detail visible. Not sure how to properly align it. See attached picture.Name:  product listing.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  12.2 KB
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    On the product listing page I have an odd layout problem. When a product is sold out, I have it display the Sold Out button but just offset behind is the word detail visible. Not sure how to properly align it. See attached picture.Name:  product listing.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  12.2 KB
    I can't figure this one out. Where does this word "detail" coming from behind this button. I get it that it is a link to product detail but I can not find a styling for it to position it better. Please can someone have a look and give feedback? Much appreciated.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

I am new here and can't find the place to start a new blog. The upgrade I performed on my test site was from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5e and it fails to be responsive. I looked at the source and found it pointing to the old classic files and not to the responsive ones. Where do I go to edit those since the index.php does not directly show them?
    Thank you for your guidance.

Plugin Contributions

THis might be a starting point for you since most of Picafluor Azul templates have not been upgraded to 1.5.5 compatability

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....rk-with-v1-5-5
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

RixStix, Thank you for the link, I will search it out.

Save Some Fun For Me

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Using 1.5.4 zencart - testing new template on Sandbox site.

I have installed a new template previously so not sure where I have gone wrong with this one, but when I try to select the template from my sandbox website it says 'Warning an error occurred please refresh the page and try again' - refreshing changes nothing and no templates show up at all - not even the default one. All products, categories, customers etc are all still showing up ok and the sandbox 'live view' shows up the layout of the other template I installed

I searched for a solution online and was advised to check my debug files - these say the following but I am not very ZenCart savvy so no idea what to do/change now:
    From Debug File: (***** is removed info by me)
    [05-Apr-2017 20:51:13 Europe/London] Request URI: /sandbox/********/template_select.php, IP address: ********
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/******/public_html/sandbox/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:155]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/******/public_html/sandbox/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:132]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/******/public_html/sandbox/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:262]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/******/public_html/sandbox/********/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:87]
    #5 splitPageResults->splitPageResults() called at [/home/******/public_html/sandbox/*********/template_select.php:115]

[05-Apr-2017 20:51:13 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select * from zen_template_select) as total' at line 1 :: select count(select * from zen_template_select) as total ==> (as called by) /home/******/public_html/sandbox/********/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 87 <== in /home/******/public_html/sandbox/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

May I know how to turn off the Gift Certificate FAQ and Discount Coupon that shown in General Info (menu bar Information --> General Info)?

And, I would like to take away the indication of "0-$0.00" (Shopping Cart record) that shown on the top right corner, may i know how to disable that function?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I've installed this template 4/13/17. I can't get the rotating banner to show up at all. There is no slide anything in the banner manager. There are no files for slide either. Is part of the download missing? Am I missing something in the installation? I completed the three step processs with winchester and winchester-black and can't get either to work. The error message is: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. I have no idea what that error message is referring to. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Raven

Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast