Plugin Contributions

Default Looking for color swatch attribute value plugin that does the following:...

Hey Everyone, i'm looking for a plugin that will do the following. don't know if it exists but....

I have a client who is selling yarn. a single product will have over a hundred color swatches ie, option values. i'd like these swatches to be displayed next to the main product image and instead of using the default radio buttons to select the swatch the customer could just click on the swatch itself.

additionally, when mousing over the swatch, i'd like the main product image to display a corresponding large image. there's at least one website i know that works similarly to this but i won't post here.

does anyone know of such a plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking for color swatch attribute value plugin that does the following:...

Hi.

No existing module that I'm aware of, but it could be achieved with custom code. Would the large image on hover be the swatch image? Or would each option value have two images - a small swatch and a large image (to replace the product image on hover)?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking for color swatch attribute value plugin that does the following:...

Not exactly what you asked, but it might be a place to starrt:

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=699

Plugin Contributions

Rocketsites,
    Good question, have to review w/ Client but either option would probably suffice. thanks

Plugin Contributions

thanks Stevesh,

i downloaded that just moments ago!, maybe w/ some front end mods that could work. not sure, it's close though.

getting rid of the radio buttons would be key though,....

Plugin Contributions

What you want is possible, but as far as I'm aware there isn't a 'plug-in' module that would do it for you. I achieved it with a LOT of custom coding to the attributes module on the front side and the attributes controller on the admin side. Take a look at http://vermontwoodsstudios.com/produ...irondack-chair. I created a new option type to make this work - there is still a drop-down box in the background, with jquery doing the heavy work to set the selection in the hidden select box when a swatch is selected. The image replacement has two options: replace and stay (as for the chair color itself when you click on a swatch) or replace and return after preset time delay (when you click on a cushion color). Note that this is a very extensively modified zencart - the cushion color selections are dependent on the option above (they only become visible when the appropriate selection on the parent option set is made - and in fact there could be completely different colors made available depending on the cushion type selected).
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...