Plugin Contributions

Default 2nd problem of the day

Since it's taken me three weeks to do my upgrade I have had several customers on the 139h site.... Is there any way I can import these new customers INTO my upgraded site/database without doing harm OR do I have to print them out and re-enter manually some how?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2nd problem of the day

You should be able to take a fresh db backup and import it into your upgraded sites db and run zcinstall selecting to upgrade database only
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
    Since it's taken me three weeks to do my upgrade I have had several customers on the 139h site.... Is there any way I can import these new customers INTO my upgraded site/database without doing harm OR do I have to print them out and re-enter manually some how?
    No, but now that you've got your "test site" working correctly you CAN (and ideally should) directly upgrade your old/live database using zc_install. Then simply re-do any admin customizations or plugin updates you did in the admin, after replacing the old/live site's files with the new files you've been preparing in the test site.
    As per: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Whilst on the subject of databases, do you or anyone know if 'user_tracking' is part of the standard Zen install? I have a feeling it was something I installed on the original.

Am I free to delete this table as it is rather large and means I have to split my DB for phpmyadmin imports. My hosts gave me this info:

user_tracking 319.6 MiB
    email_archive 26.7 MiB
    supertracker 15.7 MiB
    mailbeez_event_log 1.8 MiB

Edit: Supertracker & mailbeez are not installed on my new site, just not sure if 'user_tracking' is safe to delete

Thanks
    Last edited by Rizla; 11 May 2014 at 05:52 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Whilst on the subject of databases, do you or anyone know if 'user_tracking' is part of the standard Zen install?
    It is not: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=159

Plugin Contributions

Thanks... found out it was from Piwik, dropped the table and installed with it's own db

Plugin Contributions

Whilst on the subject of databases, do you or anyone know if 'user_tracking' is part of the standard Zen install? I have a feeling it was something I installed on the original.

Am I free to delete this table as it is rather large and means I have to split my DB for phpmyadmin imports. My hosts gave me this info:

user_tracking 319.6 MiB
    email_archive 26.7 MiB
    supertracker 15.7 MiB
    mailbeez_event_log 1.8 MiB

Edit: Supertracker & mailbeez are not installed on my new site, just not sure if 'user_tracking' is safe to delete

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Thanks... found out it was from Piwik, dropped the table and installed with it's own db
    As lat9 pointed out, user tracking is not part of the default ZC install. As has been discovered/indicated the table can become quite large if action is not taken to keep it cleared out. Also, it is/would have been suggested to upgrade user tracking to one of the more recent versions for security purposes. User tracking offers the ability to clear data out of it's database table based on the age of the data, but currently is a manual operation of a click of a link to delete the data. The newer version allows the age of data to be kept to be adjusted by the admin that has access to the user tracking configuration settings.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...