Plugin Contributions

Default locahost ->XAMPP 1.8.3 PHP 5.5.11

I copied my site back to a new local host and I am getting some odd things happening. As I understand it, ZC 1.51 is for PHP up to 5.3. Unfortunately I have loaded XAMPP 1.8.3 and PHP 5.5.11 and I may have other issues going backward from here for reasons outside ZC. (My host is PHP 5.3.26)

The server requirements section says for 5.4 "some patches may be required". Is there any documentation on what is required? Can this be tweaked to run under 5.5.X?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: locahost ->XAMPP 1.8.3 PHP 5.5.11

If you think it is a php issue, just install (but use the .zip not the windows installer) additional older versions of xampp until you have proved it.
    They don't conflict as long as you only have one apache/mysql pair active at a time.

I have used them all from 1.7.3 onwards and don't bother removing the old ones for precisely this reason...when I find something has stopped working and want to check older php versions easily/find at what point it stops working.

Use virtual hosts to enable the same fileset to use each xampp install: the zc files can be located wherever you want, they don't have to be inside the xampp directory. You'll still have to set up the databases individually for each install.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...