Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Plug 'n' Pay plugin [Support Thread]

So, I was having some nasty issues with Plug'n'Pay's payment module, including a blank screen on checkout_payment if a card authorization (transaction) had an error, normally an HTTP 406 error. This error was caused by PlugnPay's plugin attempting to pass the error message via urlencode and a redirect, flagging a security feature to stop the whole circus. Got pissed, fixed it (thanks to DrByte for some code suggestions), added a few tweaks, rewrote much of the readme, submitted a copy to Plug'n'Pay's Support Team and posted the plugin on this site for download. It's currently awaiting moderator approval, but should be visible soon.

Now, Plug'n'Pay hasn't recertified my changes to be PCI compliant, so you're on your own there, but a copy has been submitted to them for approval, and should be reviewed and certified sometime in the near future. It should be noted that there were no changes to how the credit card data is passed, only to how the error messages are passed to the checkout_payment page (via messageStack). I also added a link for a customer to check their MercuryGift card balance and activity next to the CVV/security code field in the gift card area (much like "Where's my CVV" next to the CVV field for credit/debit cards). Error messages are now coded as well.

I don't see any forum thread on here dedicated to PlugnPay support, but after my wonderful issues thus far , I've come to understand their plugin, it's quirks and habits, and I thought it best to create an updated version and release it here. I don't work for Plug'n'Pay, I'm not a PHP genius, but I get around pretty well and do solicit some occasional help from the Zen Cart community. Also, I'm a dealer for Mercury Payment Systems (a CC processor that integrates with Plug'n'Pay), so those resources have come in handy during this time of, um, triumph? lol. Anyways, I provide the best support I can to all of my merchants, and hope to help some of you as well. If you're having issues with PlugnPay, post here! Hopefully, we can all help each other out.

Link to the plugin: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=873

Just a note: empty cURL responses tend to be cipher issues, peer verification, proxy issues or cURL not being compiled properly, and not generally in that order. Check that stuff first. See lines 453 through 463 in the plugin. Also, make sure you're live on Plug'n'Pay's end. Happy hunting!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Plug 'n' Pay plugin [Support Thread]

So, there seems to be an issue with the gift portion of the plugin, inherited from previous versions. Although it doesn't seem to be a commonly used feature, it still needs to be corrected. Working with PlugnPay to see if we can get this resolved in the next week or so. If anyone out there uses MercuryGift with their online store, have you had problems with this feature?

Plugin Contributions

Still haven't heard anything from Plug n Pay about the gift portion of their module. Left another message and sent another email today.

Plugin Contributions

KetchRescue - Thank you very much for the updated API. If you ever get around to updating it again, please note that certain ciphers are no longer supported and after 16 hours of downtime and many emails back and forth with PnP their support team helped me make some code changes:

Approx line 440 - remove "--cipher rsa_rc4_128_sha" from "exec("$curl_path --cipher rsa_rc4_128_sha -d \"$data\" https://pay1.plugnpay.com/payment/pnpremote.cgi", $response);"

Approx line 450 - comment out "curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, "rsa_rc4_128_sha"); //CentOS 6 Compatibility"

My site was brought to a standstill because using those ciphers caused Error 99: Empty cURL reponse. It's great to be back up and running and your API is fantastic!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nelaweb View Post
    KetchRescue - Thank you very much for the updated API. If you ever get around to updating it again, please note that certain ciphers are no longer supported and after 16 hours of downtime and many emails back and forth with PnP their support team helped me make some code changes:

Approx line 440 - remove "--cipher rsa_rc4_128_sha" from "exec("$curl_path --cipher rsa_rc4_128_sha -d \"$data\" https://pay1.plugnpay.com/payment/pnpremote.cgi", $response);"

Approx line 450 - comment out "curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, "rsa_rc4_128_sha"); //CentOS 6 Compatibility"

My site was brought to a standstill because using those ciphers caused Error 99: Empty cURL reponse. It's great to be back up and running and your API is fantastic!
    Thank you for the kind words! I'm in the process of upgrading my site while migrating from Apache to IIS from a leased server to an owned server... but since I have to re-load this API, I'll update it at that time and be sure to add your code in when I do.

Time to bother the kind folks in Plug n Pay's tech department, anyways.

Plugin Contributions

(double post removed - thank you, IE)