Thread: Westminster New

Page 176 of 187 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Figured it out. Godaddy migrated my sites to a different server. My FTP program was set for the old IP and I was sending updated files to it. Got it fixed this morning, ftp'ed over the fixed mega_tags.php file and now all the meta tags are correct. Been doing web sites since 1996, never had that happen before. Lesson learned: Don't use the IP address in your FTP program if you have shared hosting.

Plugin Contributions

My concern would be a host that changed IP addresses without notifying the customer.

Plugin Contributions

a site that has zc 1.5.0 has this template. So though there is a upgrade included in the most recent template version, has anyone tried upgrading from such an old version? The template version is 1.3.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

I have installed "fresh install" on Zen-cart 1.5.5f of the westminster_new2.0 template. When I select the template and refresh my site, I get a completely blank page in firefox, opera, ie and so on. If I change back the the standard responsive template, my site loads up just fine. Now for the kicker. I've looked in all the log file locations both in zencart and also on my host and find nothing pointing to any errors. Can someone point me in the direction of find the errors and then possibly fixing them.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mstevens23 View Post
    I have installed "fresh install" on Zen-cart 1.5.5f of the westminster_new2.0 template. When I select the template and refresh my site, I get a completely blank page in firefox, opera, ie and so on. If I change back the the standard responsive template, my site loads up just fine. Now for the kicker. I've looked in all the log file locations both in zencart and also on my host and find nothing pointing to any errors. Can someone point me in the direction of find the errors and then possibly fixing them.

Thanks
    I think you will find westminster_new 2.0 only works with zc version 1.5.6 - you will need version 1.4 to make it work with zc 1.5.5f or do fresh install of zc 1.5.6 then 2.0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with installation -

Looks like I had to add the following entry into the includes/filenames.php:

define('FILENAME_META_TAGS', 'meta_tags');[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that, had me stumped.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Team

I've just installed a fresh install of 1.5.7 (06232020) - does anyone who knows this template think it will install okay on it? I really like the look of it and have used it for a 1.5.6c (06172019) version, however from what I have been reading, not everything is crossing over easily.

Would love to know before I progress any further. I'm in the process of a full redesign of my old 1.3.7h instead of an upgrade. :-)
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

So I uploaded this on to my new 1.5.7 install last night (yeah right, more like 3am this morning), and it all seems to be okay.

However, the search bar is in an annoying position for me as I have a long tagline (which I've currently had to wrap) and would prefer it as one line. Does anyone know how to adjust the position of the search bar - either up or down?

www.AmorAromatherapy.com is the new creation underway...
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Your quickest option is to take line 148 of the stylesheet.css
    Code:
    #navMainSearch {margin:0;float:right;margin-top:-40px;}
    and make it
    Code:
    #navMainSearch {margin:0;/* float:right;*//*margin-top:-40px;*/}
    For those that think you should just remove the float and margin, in case you change things around, you will still have the options in the Development Tools.

Adjust as necessary.

Plugin Contributions

All that said, consider what your goal is here. Do you want to take up the majority of a desktop or mobile screen with the name and tag line?

On a large screen, you will never see the entire slide show. The decision point is, "What do I want the customer to concentrate on when the come to the main page.?" And, are they going to come to the main page or to a product's page from a search.

Long time customers will probably have a bookmark to your home. Others will rely on the search to take them to the product they're looking for. Again, adjust as necessary.

BTW - HTML verifier says you are using </br> in your tagline which is generally accepted now as simply <br>. It may be a false positive but, you might want to check it out.