Thread: Westminster New

Page 182 of 187 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

​​
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimondi View Post
    I made a ZC1.5.7b fresh install and copied the Westminster New template files. In my admin area I selected the Westminster New template. Immediately after that the Admin site crashes with "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.".

I use XAMPP v3.2.4. There are no problems using other templates.

This is the content of the log file:

"[27-Dec-2020 13:24:02 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /zencart/_adminarea_/index.php?cmd=template_select&page=1&tID=1, IP address: ::1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\installers\westminster_new\2_0.php: 209]
    #5 include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\installers\westminster _new\2_0.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\init_includes\init_westminster_new. php:21]
    #6 require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\init_includes\init_wes tminster_new.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\autoload_func.php:37]
    #7 require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\my_admin\includes\application_top.php:37]
    #8 require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\my_admin\template_select.php:8]
    #9 require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\template_select.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\my_admin\index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1067:Invalid default value for 'date_added' :: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS flexible_footer_menu (
    page_id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    language_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
    page_title varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    page_url varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT NULL,
    col_header varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT NULL,
    col_image varchar(254) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    col_html_text text CHARACTER SET utf8,
    status int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    col_sort_order int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    col_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    date_added datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    last_update datetime DEFAULT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`page_id`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=29; ==> (as called by) C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\_adminarea_\includes\installers\westminster_new\2_0.php on line 209 <== in C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 170."
    For about four years, MySQL has failed at the use of the old null date 0f 0000-00-00.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...andardization/

Plugin Contributions

Might not be able to update what doesn't exist. If it didn't create the table, change the 0000-00-00 to 0001-01-01 in the installation file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Might not be able to update what doesn't exist. If it didn't create the table, change the 0000-00-00 to 0001-01-01 in the installation file.
    I altered the date in the installation file and now I am able to select the Westminster New template file. Thank you all very much!

Plugin Contributions

This is just one of the problems you will continue to run into using old templates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    This is just one of the problems you will continue to run into using old templates.
    You're right, I've already noticed new issues with the flexible footer menu on my webpage. I thought Westminster New was one of the newer templates and it was a bit like the one I used about eight years ago. Do you know where I can download a great looking and solid working template?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gimondi View Post
    Do you know where I can download a great looking and solid working template?
    If I were a betting man, I'd say the translation to this quote would be:

Where can I find a beautiful template that meets my requirements without having to do a lot of tweaking, adding, adjusting, etc.

They're getting fewer and farther between simply because of the rapidly changing Zen Cart. Not so easy now to drop in a store-bought template and make a few changes. The better Zen Cart gets, the harder it is for the store-boughts to keep up.

Responsive Classic is clean and meets a lot of the current standards. It is "plain Jane" and more of a blank canvas with which to work.

ZCA Bootstrap Template is based on Bootstrap 4 and may have many of your "wants" built in. It is also a blank canvas.

You are the painter and have to be willing to paint.

The decision always need to be made -- Do I want it or, does the customer need it? Most visits come from a search for an item. The search does not (we hope!) send the customer anywhere but to the product they were looking for. Did that customer need a specific category dropdown, a special slide show of other products, or even a look at the company banner?

What is the goal? Take away things that get in the way of the goal and add only those things that complete the goal. When someone comes to your site and is required to do a lot of clicking or scrolling to make a decision and purchase, you are giving them an opportunity to give up and go on. You can have the "Customers who bought this...", "Specials", "Best Sellers", etc. BUT, when they get in the way of an informed sale it's often the store owner "having to have" some feature that has nothing to do with the sale.

Responsive Classic results over three years with the biggest addition to goal being lat9's Multi-Ship. Adjustments to goal was the changing of the background, basic colors, and product info page to put as much of the information in the customer's face as possible.

SEO adjustments over the three years were to get better images and better descriptions.

Results:

Attachment 19353
    Another "Overnight Success"

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone successfully added "view all" to the pagination for this on 1.5.7?

Plugin Contributions

I don't believe the Westminster New template is compatible with any ZC after 1.5.5x. Also, don't believe the Westminster template author is supporting their templates any longer!
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Hello pica-flor

I'm getting a database error when I try to access the demo site for the plugin at

https://picaflor-azul.com/westminste...ain_page=index
    Last edited by greg_beyer; 21 Feb 2021 at 12:40 AM. Reason: corrected URL

Plugin Contributions

I am probably narrow sighted, but can't find how i can activate my hamburger menu in this template
    my test site is on 1.5.7 and installed with fresh westminster responsive. I don't think Anne is anymore available for questions? but if someone could help me to activate this before i have to restart and redo the whole thing in a different template i would be so happy.
    i just love this template... and it worked for me.. but now its leaving me tearing my hair
    please help