Thread: Westminster New

Page 81 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

There is a new issue with font-awesome.

Check out them missing social media icons! When inspecting the element, the following error displays:

Font from origin 'http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com' has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://YOURSITE.com' is therefore not allowed access.
    Downloading the stylesheets and fonts folder from the origin here and uploading them on your server should fix the issue.

Don't forget to update your html_header.php file with the proper path:

Code:
    <link href="/includes/templates/westminster_new/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I don't see the problem.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

Thanks for checking. Can I ask what device you were using? I am using a Sony phone, and people at work have Sony phones, but some customers are also complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten091182 View Post
    Hi Anne,

Thanks for checking. Can I ask what device you were using? I am using a Sony phone, and people at work have Sony phones, but some customers are also complaining.
    Hi Anne,

I have tested it on a website and it displays fine for all the devices/tablets that the website emulates. I have started a thread though asking people to check it on their devices for me, and the first person who has checked was using an LG phone, and he said that it displays the default Zen Cart template with "congratulations, you have installed....etc"

Not sure what is going on really? Do any of the files need updating to list new devices/tablets?

Thanks

Hi Anne,
    Just another quick update. I have checked another users website from a previous post on my phone, and it displays responsive as it should do. So I'm guessing that I have an error somewhere in my file? I will recheck them against each other, but have you got any pointers onto which file it might be? Like I said, it is reverting back to the classic/default zen cart template which is really confusing!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Thannaree View Post
    There is a new issue with font-awesome.

Check out them missing social media icons! When inspecting the element, the following error displays:

Downloading the stylesheets and fonts folder from the origin here and uploading them on your server should fix the issue.

Don't forget to update your html_header.php file with the proper path:

Code:
    <link href="/includes/templates/westminster_new/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    This is documented on the font awesome web site.

Apparently, Adblock Plus can remove Font Awesome brand icons with their "Remove Social Media Buttons" setting. We will not use hacks to force them to display. Please report an issue with Adblock Plus if you believe this to be an error. To work around this, you'll need to modify the social icon class names.
    Thanks,

Anne
    Mobile Friendly Responsive Zen Cart Design
    Convert your zen cart easily with our Free Responsive Zen Cart Templates
    Check them out!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitten091182 View Post
    Hi Anne,
    Just another quick update. I have checked another users website from a previous post on my phone, and it displays responsive as it should do. So I'm guessing that I have an error somewhere in my file? I will recheck them against each other, but have you got any pointers onto which file it might be? Like I said, it is reverting back to the classic/default zen cart template which is really confusing!

Thanks
    I have no idea what the problem is, or if there really is a problem. No one else has reported this so I am guessing that it is related to some customization you have made.

Thanks,

Anne
    Check them out!

Plugin Contributions

This is another great template. I'm choosing between this one and Carlisle Fresh.

Can't decide before I have the following cleared up:

1. I noticed that the footer doesn't seem to show properly on the demo...

2. Can the black areas be easily changed to another colour?

3. Can "All Products" be easily added to the navigation bar?

4. On the product page, can I easily remove certain links under Information Section / More Information Section on the lower left or completely remove the whole section?

5. Is this template easier to use for those not good at php or code editing, compared with Carlisle Fresh?

6. Does the layout (not just the size of the webpage, text and pictures) of Carlisle Fresh changes according to the size of the device used just like this template?

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jolliejollie View Post
    This is another great template. I'm choosing between this one and Carlisle Fresh.

Can't decide before I have the following cleared up:

1. I noticed that the footer doesn't seem to show properly on the demo...

2. Can the black areas be easily changed to another colour?

3. Can "All Products" be easily added to the navigation bar?

4. On the product page, can I easily remove certain links under Information Section / More Information Section on the lower left or completely remove the whole section?

5. Is this template easier to use for those not good at php or code editing, compared with Carlisle Fresh?

6. Does the layout (not just the size of the webpage, text and pictures) of Carlisle Fresh changes according to the size of the device used just like this template?

Thanks a lot!
    You should definitely use this one. It is more advanced than the Carlisle Fresh as it uses php mobile detect to serve up the optimized layouts. It is also more recently updated.

Thanks,

Anne
    Check them out!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This is documented on the font awesome web site.
    Documented or not, the icons on the template do not display any longer. I hope this temporary solution will be of any help to anyone. If any of you guys know a better solution, please post ... Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Just had a quick play so it's a bit dirty but you could move the slider image under the home-top div text by

.content-slider {
    float: left;
    margin-left: -30%; -- you'll need to experiment with the responsive views to see if a % or px is best
    width: 65%; -- try altering the width of this and/or slider images to see what fits

and get the home-top div text to overlay the image by

#top-banner {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 999;
    Just wondering after seeing the above, do I have to update the width (like the % above) of my images in the codes for the optimized layout feature to work properly if my images are of a different size than those in the demo? Or does the optimized layout feature of this template already takes that into account? I'm a bit confused.