Thread: Westminster New

Page 81 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Default Re: Westminster New

Hi Anne,
    Just another quick update. I have checked another users website from a previous post on my phone, and it displays responsive as it should do. So I'm guessing that I have an error somewhere in my file? I will recheck them against each other, but have you got any pointers onto which file it might be? Like I said, it is reverting back to the classic/default zen cart template which is really confusing!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Thannaree View Post
    There is a new issue with font-awesome.

Check out them missing social media icons! When inspecting the element, the following error displays:

Downloading the stylesheets and fonts folder from the origin here and uploading them on your server should fix the issue.

Don't forget to update your html_header.php file with the proper path:

Code:
    <link href="/includes/templates/westminster_new/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    This is documented on the font awesome web site.

Apparently, Adblock Plus can remove Font Awesome brand icons with their "Remove Social Media Buttons" setting. We will not use hacks to force them to display. Please report an issue with Adblock Plus if you believe this to be an error. To work around this, you'll need to modify the social icon class names.
    Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitten091182 View Post
    Hi Anne,
    Just another quick update. I have checked another users website from a previous post on my phone, and it displays responsive as it should do. So I'm guessing that I have an error somewhere in my file? I will recheck them against each other, but have you got any pointers onto which file it might be? Like I said, it is reverting back to the classic/default zen cart template which is really confusing!

Thanks
    I have no idea what the problem is, or if there really is a problem. No one else has reported this so I am guessing that it is related to some customization you have made.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

This is another great template. I'm choosing between this one and Carlisle Fresh.

Can't decide before I have the following cleared up:

1. I noticed that the footer doesn't seem to show properly on the demo...

2. Can the black areas be easily changed to another colour?

3. Can "All Products" be easily added to the navigation bar?

4. On the product page, can I easily remove certain links under Information Section / More Information Section on the lower left or completely remove the whole section?

5. Is this template easier to use for those not good at php or code editing, compared with Carlisle Fresh?

6. Does the layout (not just the size of the webpage, text and pictures) of Carlisle Fresh changes according to the size of the device used just like this template?

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jolliejollie View Post
    This is another great template. I'm choosing between this one and Carlisle Fresh.

Can't decide before I have the following cleared up:

1. I noticed that the footer doesn't seem to show properly on the demo...

2. Can the black areas be easily changed to another colour?

3. Can "All Products" be easily added to the navigation bar?

4. On the product page, can I easily remove certain links under Information Section / More Information Section on the lower left or completely remove the whole section?

5. Is this template easier to use for those not good at php or code editing, compared with Carlisle Fresh?

6. Does the layout (not just the size of the webpage, text and pictures) of Carlisle Fresh changes according to the size of the device used just like this template?

Thanks a lot!
    You should definitely use this one. It is more advanced than the Carlisle Fresh as it uses php mobile detect to serve up the optimized layouts. It is also more recently updated.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This is documented on the font awesome web site.
    Documented or not, the icons on the template do not display any longer. I hope this temporary solution will be of any help to anyone. If any of you guys know a better solution, please post ... Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Just had a quick play so it's a bit dirty but you could move the slider image under the home-top div text by

.content-slider {
    float: left;
    margin-left: -30%; -- you'll need to experiment with the responsive views to see if a % or px is best
    width: 65%; -- try altering the width of this and/or slider images to see what fits

and get the home-top div text to overlay the image by

#top-banner {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 999;
    Just wondering after seeing the above, do I have to update the width (like the % above) of my images in the codes for the optimized layout feature to work properly if my images are of a different size than those in the demo? Or does the optimized layout feature of this template already takes that into account? I'm a bit confused.

Plugin Contributions

Great template, how do I edit the custom left slide out banner?

Also how do I edit the images on the other banners, not the main images the hover over ones?

Thanks
    Last edited by flagmanuk; 24 Mar 2015 at 01:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flagmanuk View Post
    Great template, how do I edit the custom left slide out banner?

Also how do I edit the images on the other banners, not the main images the hover over ones?

Thanks
    Please see the readme.html file for these instructions.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinSk8 View Post
    Hi Anne

Thank you so much for your reply.

The link to my site is www.marshallmusicdirect.com

I really just want to make a few changes to the landing page.

1. Right in the top where it says "log in" to the left of it I would like to add a home button that I can route to my main info page to make the site more seamless if you know what I mean. The main info page is www.marshallmusic.co.za which is what I would like this icon to link to.

2. In the same location to the right of "Wish List I would like to add a "Contact us" link

3. I would like to make the search box a little bigger and move it down out of its current location in the black upper row into the free space in the header directly below it. Keeping in line with proportion I would like the manufacturers dropdown bellow the search bar and then directly below that a space where I can insert an image stating that we ship for free on all orders over R1000.00

4. Where the Hometop banner is I would like to display the "category list" for ease of access for clients and extend the width of the slider banner a little for more advertising real estate.

5. Lastly I would like to make the four homead buttons to be small and below the image kind of like the initial layout of the template only I need them to be neatly spaced out below the slider. As if that wasn't already taking way too much advantage I was wondering if you could see if it could possibly still work nicely accross all platforms, Mobile, Desktop as well as tablets.

6. Just to top it all off, I added multiple images to my products and the additional images are so small that they are practically not visible so I was wondering if you could maybe give me a solution for that?

I really appreciate all your help and I will attach the image of more or less what I am looking for in terms of the outcome.

Thank you so very much I really appreciate all everything you assist us all with as I am truly learning so much. This whole PHP thing is so much harder than HTML.

Regards

Erwin
    Hi Anne

Did you manage to get a chance to lend me a helping hand with the changes I would like to make? I am really excited to get what I see in my head onto the frontend of the site. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Regards

Erwin