Thread: Westminster New

Page 90 of 187 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Default Re: Westminster New

You were right, it was the slim menu js file. I did make changes to it last week, and it worked fine since then, but for some reason it just decided to break now?! Crazy stuff but at least it is sorted now.

Thanks for the input.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitten091182 View Post
    You were right, it was the slim menu js file. I did make changes to it last week, and it worked fine since then, but for some reason it just decided to break now?! Crazy stuff but at least it is sorted now.

Thanks for the input.
    It was probably related to a caching problem, or maybe you didn't refresh the page after you made your changes. Web sites never break on their own ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I have been told that the problem I have/had could be a template thing.
    I use westminster new.
    I have a few addons, but the last ones i installed are the dynamic filter and stock by attribute.
    Before adding stock by attribute to my website, everything looked normal.
    But then after installing stock by attribute, the place where my products need to show up was somewhere else.
    Categories with no products showed up on the right, where everything normaly is,
    but categories with products in it, showed up under the left sidebox (dynamic filter, categories on or of)
    Like this
    Name:  productlisting.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  12.5 KB

After a while I stopped looking for what could cause this and started to learn myself how to add a product with this new addon.
    And then I noticed that adding a new product to a categorie, "fixed" the problem.

There is no logs message.
    Language: Dutch
    English: not so very good
    Allready have a live shop, so building local/on my computer

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a change to the css for the bettercategories style for the categories menu. I would like the selected category menu item to remain highlighted when being viewed, to make it more clear to visitors

here is an example of my site: http://www.beehavendesignz.com/shop/...=index&cPath=2

I have tried changing a:active and a:hover of the bettercategories css with no luck.
    Code:
    /*bof better categories*/
    .betterCategories, .betterDocuments, .betterEzpages, .betterInformation, .betterMoreinformation, .betterBestsellers {border-right:1px solid #dbdbce;border-left:1px solid #dbdbce;}
    .betterCategories a, .betterCategories a:visited, .betterDocuments a, .betterDocuments a:visited, .betterEzpages a, .betterEzpages a:visited, .betterInformation a, .betterInformation a:visited, .betterMoreinformation a, .betterMoreinformation a:visited, .betterBestsellers a, .betterBestsellers a:visited {display: block;background-color: #fffffe;border-top: 0px solid #ffffff;border-bottom:1px solid #dbdbce;padding: 15px 4px 15px 20px;transition:background 2s ease;-webkit-transition:background 2s ease;-moz-transition:background 2s ease;-o-transition:background 2s ease;color:#333;}
    .betterCategories a:hover, .betterDocuments a:hover, .betterEzpages a:hover, .betterInformation a:hover, .betterMoreinformation a:hover, .betterBestsellers a:hover {background-color: #f9c358;color:#fff;}
    .betterCategories a:active, .betterDocuments a:active, .betterEzpages a:active, .betterInformation a:active, .betterMoreinformation a:active, .betterBestsellers a:active {background-color: #60b8af;color:#fff;}
    .betterEzpages a:before, .betterMoreinformation a:before, .betterDocuments a:before, .betterInformation a:before, .betterCategories a:before{position:absolute;font-family: FontAwesome;content: "\f0da";}
    .betterEzpages img, .betterMoreinformation img, .betterDocuments img, .betterInformation img, .betterCategories img{padding-left:20px;}
    .cat-count{float:right;margin-right:20px;padding-left:20px;color:#b8b8b8;}
    #moreinformation .sideBoxContent, #information .sideBoxContent{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}
    I would really appreciate your help in what css i need to amend to achieve this change. I was able to figure it out for the slim menu at the top but not for the better categories menu css
    Melanie
    beehavendesignz DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by Pompidompie View Post
    I use westminster new.
    I have a few addons, but the last ones i installed are the dynamic filter and stock by attribute.
    But then after installing stock by attribute, the place where my products need to show up was somewhere else.
    Categories with no products showed up on the right, where everything normaly is,
    but categories with products in it, showed up under the left sidebox (dynamic filter, categories on or of)
    Like this

After a while I stopped looking for what could cause this and started to learn myself how to add a product with this new addon.
    And then I noticed that adding a new product to a categorie, "fixed" the problem.

I had a weird problem like that happening on my site. I found out the cause - when I was in a category which didn't have options in the dynamic filter it was causing the layout to break. I never found out how to rectify what was wrong with the code, so I just made sure every category had at least one option available (excluding brand) in dynamic filter.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I have an in my last product I put into the Westminster cart, The product picture is only showing no details on the product at all. I have no idea why may be you can take a look and see what is doing this or is it me. the Url the product is [ http://www.stuffwholesale.com/index....oducts_id=1191 ]
    thank you,
    RonGin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pompidompie View Post
    I use westminster new.
    Like this

If you post a link to the page with the problem I can take a look,

It looks like you have broken the responsive design

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by missesbeehaven View Post
    Hi Anne,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a change to the css for the bettercategories style for the categories menu. I would like the selected category menu item to remain highlighted when being viewed, to make it more clear to visitors

here is an example of my site: http://www.beehavendesignz.com/shop/...=index&cPath=2

I have tried changing a:active and a:hover of the bettercategories css with no luck.
    Code:
    /*bof better categories*/
    .betterCategories, .betterDocuments, .betterEzpages, .betterInformation, .betterMoreinformation, .betterBestsellers {border-right:1px solid #dbdbce;border-left:1px solid #dbdbce;}
    .betterCategories a, .betterCategories a:visited, .betterDocuments a, .betterDocuments a:visited, .betterEzpages a, .betterEzpages a:visited, .betterInformation a, .betterInformation a:visited, .betterMoreinformation a, .betterMoreinformation a:visited, .betterBestsellers a, .betterBestsellers a:visited {display: block;background-color: #fffffe;border-top: 0px solid #ffffff;border-bottom:1px solid #dbdbce;padding: 15px 4px 15px 20px;transition:background 2s ease;-webkit-transition:background 2s ease;-moz-transition:background 2s ease;-o-transition:background 2s ease;color:#333;}
    .betterCategories a:hover, .betterDocuments a:hover, .betterEzpages a:hover, .betterInformation a:hover, .betterMoreinformation a:hover, .betterBestsellers a:hover {background-color: #f9c358;color:#fff;}
    .betterCategories a:active, .betterDocuments a:active, .betterEzpages a:active, .betterInformation a:active, .betterMoreinformation a:active, .betterBestsellers a:active {background-color: #60b8af;color:#fff;}
    .betterEzpages a:before, .betterMoreinformation a:before, .betterDocuments a:before, .betterInformation a:before, .betterCategories a:before{position:absolute;font-family: FontAwesome;content: "\f0da";}
    .betterEzpages img, .betterMoreinformation img, .betterDocuments img, .betterInformation img, .betterCategories img{padding-left:20px;}
    .cat-count{float:right;margin-right:20px;padding-left:20px;color:#b8b8b8;}
    #moreinformation .sideBoxContent, #information .sideBoxContent{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}
    I would really appreciate your help in what css i need to amend to achieve this change. I was able to figure it out for the slim menu at the top but not for the better categories menu css
    Just add:

span.category-subs-parent{color:yorucolor;}

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RonGin View Post
    Hello,
    I have an in my last product I put into the Westminster cart, The product picture is only showing no details on the product at all. I have no idea why may be you can take a look and see what is doing this or is it me. the Url the product is [ http://www.stuffwholesale.com/index....oducts_id=1191 ]
    thank you,
    RonGin
    Check your logs folder for errors and correct them.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Anne.
    I compared the responcive.css to the one from the template addon and it is still the same.

My webshop is build local/on my computer. Will it help to post the pagesource? (right mouse click, look at page code)
    Language: Dutch
    English: not so very good
    Allready have a live shop, so building local/on my computer