Thread: Westminster New

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Westminster New

Another new responsive free template package built using the excellent DIY Responsive Template Default for v1.5.x by rbarbour. It uses a php mobile detect script to detect user agents and serve up the correct, optimized layout for the viewing device.

Be sure to read the readme.html file because installation is much different than my previous free templates. It has been simplified down to a 3 step process and includes an auto installer!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss.jpg 
Views:	1811 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	14066

See the live demo here:

Westminster New

Template Features:

* Super flexible design perfect for all types of ecommerce stores--the possibilities are endless!
    * Super easy 3 step install!
    * Responsive 2 column display--single column home page layout
    * Optimized Drop Down Navigation for hand held devices
    * Matching CSS icons included
    * CSS Buttons for easier multi language implementation
    * Responsive Full Width Home Page slideshow included
    * Add your slide show images and home page banners, set their links, enable/disable images/links, and set open in new window easily, and add captions using the admin banner manager.
    * Home page carousel for Featured Products
    * Add This social bookmarking added to all product pages (includes Facebook like button, Twitter Tweet Button, Pinterest Pin it button, and 300+ Sharing Services)
    * Custom footer featuring a footer menu with customer service, and useful links (ez pages), integrated, and links to your Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, Google Plus, and blog.
    * Customized product info page layout
    * Tabbed product description, details, reviews, and a custom tab (ad your content using the banner manager) which converts automatically to accodions on hand held devices
    * Product reviews show on the product info page
    * "View All" option on the product listing pages
    * Easily modify the footer using the zen cart admin
    * Cross Browser tested in Firefox, IE11, IE10, IE9, IE8, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
    * Tested on the iPhone 5 with Mobile Safari 6.0; iPad 4 with Mobile Safari 6.0; Windows Phone 8 with IE10 Mobile; Blackberry Bold 9900 with Blackberry Browser 9900; and Android Nexus 4 with Chrome Mobile 18, Dolphin Mobile 9.3, Firefox Mobile 19, Marathon Mobile 4, Opera Mobile 12, Sleipnir Mobile 2.9 , HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920, Google Nexus 7, Apple iPad Mini, Kindle
    * W3C Valid XHTML and CSS
    * Comes with the following modules installed: Column Layout Grid, About Us Page, Back to Top, Responsive Flexslider, Carousel Featured Products, Bestsellers Thumbnails, Flexible Footer Columns Menu, Easy Responsive Tabs, DG Reveiws on Product Info Page, Contact Us Add Subject, Left Slide Out Panel
    * Detailed HTML readme file with written instructions and screenshots, and links to videos for the installation and customization steps.
    * Fully compatible with versions 1.5x.

Please post here with your questions, or any bugs you find. Be sure to read the readme.html file included in the template package before posting your question, and read the posts in this thread as you question has probably already been asked and answered ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

I for one can not decide which one I like better, Winchester or this one (Westminster New).

As always, great work Anne!
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Noticed this nice new template a few days ago when implementing Winchester.

Close call but I'd PROBABLY go with my current Winchester. But there are a couple of things I do like better with this new Westminster:

1. I like how the collapsable categories plugin (slimmenu something or other?) has a black highlight around the arrows; probably makes for better customer navigation.

2. I like how this template appears to be wider in desktop view.

Questions:

1. Would it be too difficult to do above on Winchester...especially wider in desktop?

2. How much of a conflict (if any) would there be in loading both templates onto the site? Would either work with just a click changing templates in admin?

Thanks.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Out of the two I've decided to go with this template, the home page slider better suits my needs.

I've noticed in the readme for both templates that - includes/init_includes/config.display_mode.php - is stated to be in the package, although it's not.

No doubt a typo.

Thank you for providing this template Anne, I'm implementing it in a heavily modded and customised site, it'll be a challenge but is seriously needed as 40% of this sites' traffic is mobile/tablet based, as no doubt is the case of most sites these days.

Plugin Contributions

Installed template. Core file overwrites appear to be identical. Switching between Westminster and Winchester is a quick.

My eyes like Westminster better than Winchester. Could be color scheme but blue is not a color that I normally gravitate to.
    I like that login, cart & checkout are better defined with text and images by default.
    I like currency change visible by default.
    My eyes like fade-in over sliding homepage.

Did you change the way Custom Left Slideout works? Something seems different on the good side.

Problem on both the demo and my sandbox:

Tap or click CATEGORIES button without using the expanded menu.

Next screen is

HTML Code:
    Not Found The requested URL /' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . ' was not found on this server.
     Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Noticed this nice new template a few days ago when implementing Winchester.

Close call but I'd PROBABLY go with my current Winchester. But there are a couple of things I do like better with this new Westminster:

1. I like how the collapsable categories plugin (slimmenu something or other?) has a black highlight around the arrows; probably makes for better customer navigation.

2. I like how this template appears to be wider in desktop view.

Questions:

1. Would it be too difficult to do above on Winchester...especially wider in desktop?

2. How much of a conflict (if any) would there be in loading both templates onto the site? Would either work with just a click changing templates in admin?

Thanks.
    You can load both templates on to your site and then just switch between them. They will not conflict with each other.

You can change the desktop width for Winchester Responsive by editing the width of div.onerow-fluid.fluidIsFixed in responsive.css and the .onerow-fluid at the very bottom of the responsive_default.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Out of the two I've decided to go with this template, the home page slider better suits my needs.

I've noticed in the readme for both templates that - includes/init_includes/config.display_mode.php - is stated to be in the package, although it's not.

No doubt a typo.

Thank you for providing this template Anne, I'm implementing it in a heavily modded and customised site, it'll be a challenge but is seriously needed as 40% of this sites' traffic is mobile/tablet based, as no doubt is the case of most sites these days.
    I am happy that you like the template ;)

The file is in files/includes/init_includes/init_display_mode.php in the zip file that I have uploaded.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Installed template. Core file overwrites appear to be identical. Switching between Westminster and Winchester is a quick.

My eyes like Westminster better than Winchester. Could be color scheme but blue is not a color that I normally gravitate to.
    I like that login, cart & checkout are better defined with text and images by default.

Did you change the way Custom Left Slideout works? Something seems different on the good side.

Next screen is

HTML Code:
    Not Found The requested URL /' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . ' was not found on this server.
     Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Thanks for the catch!

I forgot to wrap the constant in the php tags. You can replace line 23 of the includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php with this:

Code:
     <li class="test"><a href="<?php echo HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>" class="mshop"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES; ?></a>
    I'll add this to the list for an update ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I for one can not decide which one I like better, Winchester or this one (Westminster New).

As always, great work Anne!
    Thank you so much! Your opinion means a lot to me

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post

Next screen is

HTML Code:
    Yes, I changed the slide out to a "on click" instead of the "on hover" so that it would work on tablets and mobile devices ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast