Thread: Westminster New

Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Hi I am having a problem with the flexible_footer_menu

I have gone through the log here is the error message:-

[15-Jul-2014 21:35:15] PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'advisers_store.flexible_footer_menu' doesn't exist :: select * from flexible_footer_menu where status = 1 and col_sort_order > 0 order by col_sort_order, col_header ==> (as called by) /home/advisers/public_html/store/includes/modules/westminster_new/flexible_footer_menu.php on line 18 <== in /home/advisers/public_html/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

I have gone through the installation and all the files are where they should be.

I also reinstalled the file: flexible_footer_menu.php

Here is a link to the web site http://www.store.advisers-australia.com

It is still in development so it is a bit of a mess.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Justin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Logs file showing error in //includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php on line 88

Ideas??

I am not sure what I was doing at that particular time, so I cannot recreate the issue. I have changed the Admin/Configuration/WestminsterNew EZ pages in header menu setup from true to false a few times and the error doesn't get triggered on those occasions.

Code:
    [14-Jul-2014 07:32:19 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/MyWebServer/public_html/ZEN153/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php on line 88
    [14-Jul-2014 07:32:30 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/MyWebServer/public_html/ZEN153/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php on line 88
    [14-Jul-2014 07:33:38 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/MyWebServer/public_html/ZEN153/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php on line 88
    I have never gotten this error with the template installed on a 1.5.3 cart. Have you modified the file at all? Have you tried removing everything on line 88:

Code:
    <?php } ?>

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Advisers Australia View Post
    Hi I am having a problem with the flexible_footer_menu

I have gone through the log here is the error message:-

[15-Jul-2014 21:35:15] PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'advisers_store.flexible_footer_menu' doesn't exist :: select * from flexible_footer_menu where status = 1 and col_sort_order > 0 order by col_sort_order, col_header ==> (as called by) /home/advisers/public_html/store/includes/modules/westminster_new/flexible_footer_menu.php on line 18 <== in /home/advisers/public_html/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

I have gone through the installation and all the files are where they should be.

I also reinstalled the file: flexible_footer_menu.php

Here is a link to the web site http://www.store.advisers-australia.com

It is still in development so it is a bit of a mess.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Justin
    It looks like there are a lot of other problems with the install. Are you on godaddy? What version of zen cart are you using?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I have never gotten this error with the template installed on a 1.5.3 cart. Have you modified the file at all? Have you tried removing everything on line 88:

Code:
    <?php } ?>
    Winmerge says there is no change from the distribution file. My notes do not show making any change to that file either.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hi

domain is hosted with arvixe.
    I am running zencart 1.5.3

It might be easier to start again.

Thanks

Justin

Plugin Contributions

Comments from customers as they peruse the site with the new template. Generally, most are very positive. These are comments pointed to us, not us to you.

• TOP button is too stark and HUGE and follows me down the page. "Can you make it smaller and add opacity to see the text beneath it" are the majority of the comments.
    • Can't tell which images can be enlarged. "Existing site has text 'larger image' beneath every product image and beneath the 'add'l images found at the bottom of the product pages"
    • EZ pages ToC alignment comments are frequent on all devices. We are manually building ToC for each EZpage category but it will be an issue due to relative links.
    • Mobile phone devices "Can you remove the category and product images from mobile devices and just provide a text listing? It is a Pain to have to scroll through the category images to find the desired category."
    • "Specials" sort is non-functional

Nothing you can do about this issue
    "I can't find buttons or don't know what the button means." That's why we changed the color in anticipation of that. We never thought we would have to write an instruction manual on how to navigate a website. That's why we altered the background color of the menu area since tapping the menu text has a different function than tapping the "down-arrow". There are a couple menu text taps that actually redirect to the webhost 404 page (template download files and your demo). I saw them but didn't take notes at the time.

Don't think it is a template problem but I didn't realize that all our relative links would be broken when zencart is installed in a folder instead of server root. I assumed that the zc install would take care of that setup but not the case.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Winmerge says there is no change from the distribution file. My notes do not show making any change to that file either.
    Have you tried removing the code on line 88?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Advisers Australia View Post
    Hi

domain is hosted with arvixe.
    I am running zencart 1.5.3

It might be easier to start again.

Thanks

Justin
    Be sure that your host meets minimum server requirements for 1.5.3. If it were me, I would just do a fresh install ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Comments from customers as they peruse the site with the new template. Generally, most are very positive. These are comments pointed to us, not us to you.

• TOP button is too stark and HUGE and follows me down the page. "Can you make it smaller and add opacity to see the text beneath it" are the majority of the comments.
    • Can't tell which images can be enlarged. "Existing site has text 'larger image' beneath every product image and beneath the 'add'l images found at the bottom of the product pages"
    • EZ pages ToC alignment comments are frequent on all devices. We are manually building ToC for each EZpage category but it will be an issue due to relative links.
    • Mobile phone devices "Can you remove the category and product images from mobile devices and just provide a text listing? It is a Pain to have to scroll through the category images to find the desired category."
    • "Specials" sort is non-functional

Nothing you can do about this issue
    "I can't find buttons or don't know what the button means." That's why we changed the color in anticipation of that. We never thought we would have to write an instruction manual on how to navigate a website. That's why we altered the background color of the menu area since tapping the menu text has a different function than tapping the "down-arrow". There are a couple menu text taps that actually redirect to the webhost 404 page (template download files and your demo). I saw them but didn't take notes at the time.

Don't think it is a template problem but I didn't realize that all our relative links would be broken when zencart is installed in a folder instead of server root. I assumed that the zc install would take care of that setup but not the case.
    It is actually a mistake that the sort is on the specials page. I believe that I posted earlier in the thread about removing it.

I will try to include styles for the toc in the next version update

You can add back in the text "click to enlarge" if you like. You can do a developers toolkit to find the name of the constant, and then use the constant to search for the files where it is located. You can merge the changes back into the template files, or try removing the template files so that the template uses the default zen cart files.

You can remove any images or text from various devices by adding display:none; to them in the stylesheet_tablet.css and stylesheet_mobile.css

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

If you add back the 'larger image' text it will be too cramped. What you may want to do instead is to place a text saying 'click to enlarge' between the main image and where the additional images start.

This one puzzles me as I never had issues with having relative links broken when using the stock zencart function.