Thread: Westminster New

Page 160 of 187 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Quoting from the posting FAQsI know I always harp on the posting tips, but this is a great example of why I do.

What drop down menu? Categories, ezpages, shoe size? How could we be confused? As stated in the other post, I think you haven't turned it on in the admin. Whatever "it" is.

If no one on the forum is currently using this template, they can't even do a WAG without more information.
    Thanks dbltoe - it has less to do with posting tips or FAQ's than the fact that far too many templates and plugins in ZC are no longer supported and it then rests on 'volunteers' like yourself who are very, very few in number trying to support unsupported threads and doing so to the best of your ability but often understandably without any first hand experience of the particular template or plugin (hence your 'which drop down menu' question)

The work that you and others like mc,lat9,DrByte and a handful of others do is to be commended. The bigger picture problem is that the business of many zenners, particularly those that are not developers, suffers when templates and plugins become unsupported, or worse, people without expertise offer comment that is less than accurate and then the post being overlooked because others see that it has been answered.

I rarely will post more than once however in this case it is plainly obvious that aside from yourself no-one else is offering useful comment to queries in this thread and having read now most of the 159 pages of posts in this thread I know there are current zenners who have intimate knowledge of the workings of this template - so how do I get the attention of one of those whom I know will more than likely have the answer? - yell help in a broader based thread but still on topic.

I could write a book on the subject but I will refrain at this point - problem is that as soon as someone in here offers criticism they cop a barrage of lectures on being ungrateful for the time and effort of those that give freely of their expertise (and products) based on emotional assumption as if the person offering criticism is in fact ungrateful.

I am 64 yrs old and not a developer however I have collaborated with developers in the repair and updating of one plugin and the development of one plugin so I am not just a taker.

I am in need of some assistance as my sites are suffering, essentially because the responsiveness of the templates being used is 'broken', the cause of which is twofold, partly of my own doing (mistakes or file merging issues) and primarily because some plugins break responsiveness. Regardless of the cause if I could fix it I would and believe me when I say I have spent numerous hours over the past couple of weeks trying to sort out a number of issues.

So dbltoe, with respect if need be to catch the attention of someone who can provide answers to my issues I will as a matter of 'necessity' post multiple times in multiple threads.

At present I am upgrading one of my 6 sites from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5f using the total rebuild method as I am not confident enough to use the standard upgrade method (too many past failures in the past).

I have installed a lat9 drop down menu to temporarily solve the drop down menu problem and I have now only one issue I need to solve and then I can move on to doing the rebuild of the other 5 sites;

making the pages 'full screen width' (no RH gutter or whitespace) on desktop - currently have global setting RH column 'off' and RH Column Width set to zero but page still is not full width - I have tried a few of the suggestions in the thread including changing responsive css files and none have worked - I have One Page Checkout and Editable Center Boxes installed and deleting these plugins didn't have an effect of page width.

Onwards and Upwards,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I have upgraded a site from v1.5.1 to v1.5.5f and am using Westminster New template. Everything is fine when using PHP 5.6 but when I change to PHP 7.1 to get the advantages of that version I have the issue that the product info page doesn't load correctly - the only thing that shows is the product image. If I change template to the installed Responsive Classic template I do not get this problem, i.e. the product info page loads correctly.

I know little about PHP so therefore I am not sure where to look to attempt to solve the problem. From what I can gather the basis for this template is the same as , or similar to, the Responsive Classic for version1.5.5 so I am guessing that something in a specif part of the Westminster New template is not compliant with 7.1 (oh really Sherlock?) - what that may be I'm unsure - every other aspect of the functionality of the site when set to PHP 7.1 using this template works as it should

So I am looking for some help please in trying to get this situation resolved.

site is https://www.harmonyballpendant.com/

images show product info page loaded properly on PHP 5.6 and loading incorrectly on 7.1

many thanks,
    Mike

Attachment 17982
    Attachment 17983

Plugin Contributions

Mike, you're seeing a partial-whitescreen ... implying that a myDEBUG*.log file has is waiting in your store's /logs directory to identify the cause of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Mike, you're seeing a partial-whitescreen ... implying that a myDEBUG*.log file has is waiting in your store's /logs directory to identify the cause of the issue.
    Thanks for responding Cindy - that is just it, no error log is registered!! I have switched back and forth between 5.6 and 7.1 a number of times on 3 sites and it is the very same result and in no case is there a myDEBUG error log. As I said above it is only one element of the template, everything else resolves as it should.

My uneducated guess is that it is something to do with tpl_product_info coding not adapting to PHP7.1 or a jscript that controls it - but hey that is a wild guess not based on any semblance of knowledge on the subject.

The thing is that it is very limiting not being able to take advantage of the benefits of PHP7.1

many thanks for assisting,
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Thanks for responding Cindy - that is just it, no error log is registered!! I have switched back and forth between 5.6 and 7.1 a number of times on 3 sites and it is the very same result and in no case is there a myDEBUG error log. As I said above it is only one element of the template, everything else resolves as it should.

My uneducated guess is that it is something to do with tpl_product_info coding not adapting to PHP7.1 or a jscript that controls it - but hey that is a wild guess not based on any semblance of knowledge on the subject.

The thing is that it is very limiting not being able to take advantage of the benefits of PHP7.1

many thanks for assisting,
    cheers,
    Mike
    Maybe there is an error created on your server logs (apache or php). Use your cpanel to check.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lat9;
    Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Maybe there is an error created on your server logs (apache or php). Use your cpanel to check.
    @lat9 and @design75 - I am not sure why the myDEBUG errors were not previously showing up (or I need new glasses) but I sent a ticket to my host and they checked things out and now I have myriads of errors in my file (the pipe from the server may have been blocked - call a plumber).

Here is the error log

Code:
    [29-Jul-2018 13:01:12 Australia/Melbourne] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=544, IP address: 207.46.13.102
    #1  zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2  zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php:27]
    #3  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header.php:134]
    #4  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:182]
    #5  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/index.php:97]

[29-Jul-2018 13:01:12 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 58
    [29-Jul-2018 13:01:12 Australia/Melbourne] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=544, IP address: 207.46.13.102
    #1  zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2  zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php:27]
    #3  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header.php:134]
    #4  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:182]
    #5  require(/home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/harmony3/public_html/index.php:97]

[29-Jul-2018 13:01:12 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 73
    [29-Jul-2018 13:01:12 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/additional_images.php:114
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_additional_images.php(13): require()
    #1 /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php(73): require('/home/harmony3/...')
    #2 /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php(178): require('/home/harmony3/...')
    #3 /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php(253): require('/home/harmony3/...')
    #4 /home/harmony3/public_html/index.php(97): require('/home/harmony3/...')
    #5 {main}
      thrown in /home/harmony3/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/additional_images.php on line 114

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the problem (never thought I would be able to say that!!) - I've never been able to do anything like this before so I am pretty chuffed - I looked at the errors in the my DEBUG and did a file comparison between the files in Westminster New and those in the ZC 1.5.5F download .... AND did a Google search which took me straight to https://github.com/DivaVocals/zen_Im...dler/issues/16 where torvista had posted a fix for the exact issue hence validating what I found - the combination allowed me to modify the two files includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php and includes/modules/westminster_new/additional_images.php and bingo problem solved.

In case any others have had the problem or encounter it in the future here is the file modification required.

Code:
    includes/modules/westminster_new/additional_images.php

at line 69

find this

$list_box_contents = '';

and replace with

$list_box_contents = array();
    Many thanks to Cindy (lat9) and Design75 for helping me out.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Congratulations, Mike! I'm glad you got it sorted ... and thanks for posting back what your solution was.

Plugin Contributions

Hi - I am trying to move the search box from underneath the log (see image) to up on the header menu bar alongside 'language' but am having no joy - I have searched this thread and posts relating to moving the position of the search box but all seem to be mobile screen related. I figure there needs to be an entry something along the lines of those in the shown below section of the includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-check-square-o" title="Checkout"></i><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li> .... but be search box related, which I cannot find .... as well as some .css adjustments to position it?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike
    Code:
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-power-off" title="Log Off"></i><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-gear" title="My Account"></i><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
        <li class="h-login"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-user" title="Login"></i><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" title="Shopping Cart"></i><?php echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?>  - <?php echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></a></li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-check-square-o" title="Checkout"></i><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
    Attachment 18006

Plugin Contributions

Help with Westminster-new on mldfurniture.ie

Getting the following on bottom right hand corner of screen where social media buttons should be. What has caused this and how can I fix it ?

SHARE AND CONNECT
    <a href="https://www.facebook.com/mldfurniture" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a><a href="https://twitter.com/mldfurniture" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>