Thread: Westminster New

Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post

The file is in files/includes/init_includes/init_display_mode.php in the zip file that I have uploaded.

Anne
    Yes, I thought that was the case.

Plugin Contributions

Slight alignment issue. I don't think size matters but this was a 7" touch device. I will try using a real phone later.

I stopped testing using Android tablets due to the menu issue.

FWIW: 11% of our site traffic stats is from Android devices.

==========================================
    This is a phone.
    Your UA is Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; DX752 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.170 Mobile Safari/537.36

Attachment 14080
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Slight alignment issue. I don't think size matters but this was a 7" touch device. I will try using a real phone later.

I stopped testing using Android tablets due to the menu issue.

FWIW: 11% of our site traffic stats is from Android devices.

==========================================
    This is a phone.
    Your UA is Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; DX752 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.170 Mobile Safari/537.36

Attachment 14080
    I just corrected the php mobile detect script on the demo. Give it another try and let me know if it looks different.

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 18 May 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Here it is. Yes, there is some difference. Screengrab from phone.

The 7" has now decided to be difficult with screengrabs.

Attachment 14081Attachment 14082
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Here it is. Yes, there is some difference. Screengrab from phone.

The 7" has now decided to be difficult with screengrabs.

Attachment 14081Attachment 14082
    I suggest you stop editing the css files and layout until you get the full fix for the mobile detect. There are 2 issues which 1 was partially fixed in the winchester template by rbarour. Basically, the fix was to include the 2.0 workaround to call the correct css files. However, the code fix did NOT attempt to change ALL instances where specific device files are called. And this is where your issue comes in as the tpl header file is the same one called for mobile, tablet and desktop. But if you look in the common folder, you will see that the 2.1 code has specific headers for each device.

So the same logic has to be implemented, BUT it depends on whether you are using the switches on the templates. If you do NOT use the switches to change views, then you can use this code:

In tpl_main_page.php, find:

PHP Code:
          if($detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile'){ 

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header_mobile.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header_mobile.php');

} else { 

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header.php'); 
    change to:

PHP Code:
          if($detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() or $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile'){ 

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header_mobile.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header_mobile.php');

} else { 

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header.php'); 
    A note on this is that is the tpl_header_tablet is not being called in the code. I don't know whether it was done on purpose by Anne. But if the tpl_header_tablet is suppose to be called for tablets then you can use this code:

PHP Code:
          if($detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() or $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile'){ 

require(

} else if (
    $detect->isTablet() or $detect->isMobile() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet'){

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header_tablet.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header_tablet.php');

} else {
        require(

} 
    ?> 
    If you are using the switches, then follow the posts I wrote in the winchester as you will have to add the session to each if statement. Also, you may have to modify other files if you are using the mobile detect code to call certain files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    I suggest you stop editing the css files and layout until you get the full fix for the mobile detect. There are 2 issues which 1 was partially fixed in the winchester template by rbarour. Basically, the fix was to include the 2.0 workaround to call the correct css files. However, the code fix did NOT attempt to change ALL instances where specific device files are called. And this is where your issue comes in as the tpl header file is the same one called for mobile, tablet and desktop. But if you look in the common folder, you will see that the 2.1 code has specific headers for each device.

So the same logic has to be implemented, BUT it depends on whether you are using the switches on the templates. If you do NOT use the switches to change views, then you can use this code:

In tpl_main_page.php, find:

PHP Code:
          if($detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isMobile'){ 

require(

} else { 

require(
    change to:

PHP Code:

require(

} else { 

require(
    A note on this is that is the tpl_header_tablet is not being called in the code. I don't know whether it was done on purpose by Anne. But if the tpl_header_tablet is suppose to be called for tablets then you can use this code:

PHP Code:

require(

} else if (
    $detect->isTablet() or $detect->isMobile() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet' or $detect->isTablet() && $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet' or $_SESSION['display_mode']=='isTablet'){

require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_header_tablet.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header_tablet.php');

} else {
        require(

} 
    ?> 
    If you are using the switches, then follow the posts I wrote in the winchester as you will have to add the session to each if statement. Also, you may have to modify other files if you are using the mobile detect code to call certain files.
    Ok, I understand now, with the help of rbarbour's explanation I will work on getting the demos working correctly and then update the template packages.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I just submitted an update to this template package. Changes were:

05/27/2014------Added includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_reviews_info_default.php

05/27/2014------Added admin control for turning the EZ Pages menu item on or off in includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php

05/27/2014------Added includes/templates/westminster_new/css/responsive.css div#mobile-nav1.hidenav1 {display:none;}

05/27/2014------Fixed class "onerow-fluids" includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_footer.php, includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header.php, includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header_mobile.php, includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header_tablet.php, includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php

05/27/2014------Added code to exclude main image and additional image popups from being responsive /includes/templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php

05/27/2014------Fixed php mobile detect script includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php

05/27/2014------Fixed php mobile detect script includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php

05/27/2014------Fixed broken link to home page in includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categoreis_tabs.php

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Beautiful design Anne!

I understand the template is designed for v1.5.0 / 1.5.1 - has anyone successfully tried it on a 1.5.2 BETA?

Thanks guys

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Beautiful design Anne!

I understand the template is designed for v1.5.0 / 1.5.1 - has anyone successfully tried it on a 1.5.2 BETA?

Thanks guys
    Thanks ;) No, I have not tested it on 1.5.2 but unless there are major changes, I would think all would work.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Beautiful design Anne!

Thanks guys
    I just tested on 1.5.2 Beta and there was a problem with the installation. I'll work on it and let you know ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast