Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Error database appears to need patching to a higher level; how do I rerun db upgrade?

Linux, php 5.2, MySQL Version: 5.5.32 No addons/customizations yet. 151real151.gingerbreadtearoom.com

I'm getting the admin error "database appears to need patching to a higher level" after upgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 using the zc_install "upgrade" instructions. Edited the config files as instructed then started the upgrade. Came to the database page and THOUGHT I had performed this correctly. Seems like from other posts that I maybe need to run the database portion of the upgrade again, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that without messing anything up and having to start from scratch.

First, does this sound like the correct action? Second, if I rerun that portion of the zc_install upgrade instructions, do I have to do anything first with the database, like maybe make a new copy? Do I need to change any of the files prior to reruning the database upgrades? Or do I just go directly to the "upgrade" page for the database and just run it again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picofupgradedatabaseerror.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	14075 This is a pick from the admin tool and I think is shows the database patch level is 151?? Frustrated! The other issue is the web page (not admin) is blank/white, however I haven't even looked at that issue yet until I get the db install/questions/upgrade done correctly. Thanks for any assistance as I'm not sure how to proceed.
    p.s. I wasn't sure to add to a previous similar thread or if it was appropriate to start a new thread....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error database appears to need patching to a higher level; how do I rerun db upgr

Quote Originally Posted by StitchJunkie View Post
    Linux, php 5.2, MySQL Version: 5.5.32 No addons/customizations yet. 151real151.gingerbreadtearoom.com

I'm getting the admin error "database appears to need patching to a higher level" after upgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 using the zc_install "upgrade" instructions. Edited the config files as instructed then started the upgrade. Came to the database page and THOUGHT I had performed this correctly. Seems like from other posts that I maybe need to run the database portion of the upgrade again, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that without messing anything up and having to start from scratch.

First, does this sound like the correct action? Second, if I rerun that portion of the zc_install upgrade instructions, do I have to do anything first with the database, like maybe make a new copy? Do I need to change any of the files prior to reruning the database upgrades? Or do I just go directly to the "upgrade" page for the database and just run it again?

Name:	picofupgradedatabaseerror.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	14075 This is a pick from the admin tool and I think is shows the database patch level is 151?? Frustrated! The other issue is the web page (not admin) is blank/white, however I haven't even looked at that issue yet until I get the db install/questions/upgrade done correctly. Thanks for any assistance as I'm not sure how to proceed.
    p.s. I wasn't sure to add to a previous similar thread or if it was appropriate to start a new thread....
    My thought is that the two are related: admin upgrade problem and the blank page(s). How was this upgrade done again? Rebuild the site from scratch, or update in place or some other method? The upgrade instructions include doing a database upgrade. For information, about the most that needs to be done when doing a database upgrade only is yes: suggest having a backup of the database is always suggested. There's no real files that need to be modified to perform the upgrade other than having the install folder in place to be able to perform the install. Important though to only select the db upgrade if it is only a db upgrade to be done.

As for starting a new thread versus using an existing, well if you had found one that directly related to the topic, doesn't hurt to carry on with the same discussion. Others that find it may benefit from the previously existing discussion or the new discussion. Important though that once started try to keep the discussion of that topic in the one thread.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Default Re: Error database appears to need patching to a higher level; how do I rerun db upgr

Appreciate your info!
    I have copied 1.5.1 into a new folder (this isn't my live store), made a new db for this TEST 1.5.1 store and used a copy of my 1.3.9 database (Edited the new db info in 2 config files.) I used /zc_install and selected upgrade, not install. I tried the db patch again, same results.

Name:	picofupgradedatabaseerror2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	14076 Should I first have done a new intall of 1.5.1, then upgraded the db after that maybe instead of selecting 'upgrade'?

Plugin Contributions

So, really the only thing that is existing from the old store is the database, correct? Otherwise all things in this new database area are new 1.5.1?

It seems that at some point the standard install was performed otherwise where did all of the support files come from? Also, when "loading" the new database/modifying the configure.php files, that doesn't exactly make sense. If you created a new database, should have been able to load the contents of the old database into the new database (may require dropping the tables of the new database before uploading the old database.)

It does seem a little different that after running the upgrade a second time that an additional upgrade entry is shown, almost as if the previous was not successful.

Well tried this... I did an install using /zc_install (which wiped out the database if I understand correctly - I had made a backup) Went ahead an did the full fresh install without replacing any files on the server. After I saw the page for successful install, then I went back and did an upgrade, did the patches first from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0, then repeated the process for 1.5.0 to 1.5.1. Getting the same issue now as before. I thought maybe I was trying to upgrade a store that hadn't had the initial install completed. Another thing different is that when I go into the admin area is says the store is in maintenance (this isn't anything I've run into before.)

Name:	picofupgradedatabaseerror3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	14077 I'm not sure what to try next ...

Plugin Contributions

Well tried this... I did an install using /zc_install (which wiped out the database if I understand correctly - I had made a backup) Went ahead an did the full fresh install without replacing any files on the server. After I saw the page for successful install, then I went back and did an upgrade, did the patches first from 1.3.9 to 1.5.0, then repeated the process for 1.5.0 to 1.5.1. Getting the same issue now as before. I thought maybe I was trying to upgrade a store that hadn't had the initial install completed. Another thing different is that when I go into the admin area is says the store is in maintenance (this isn't anything I've run into before.)

Name:	picofupgradedatabaseerror3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	14077 I'm not sure what to try next ...
    What is the origin of the information at the top of your version screen? Patch1, patch2 etc.???

As for the maintenance mode issue, that is from the installation process. Can be turned off in the admin panel, configuration, maintenance mode, then turn it off.

I seem to recallthough that there were actually some patch files for the earlier versions of ZC, buti thought they were made obsolete by the newer version(s) of ZC. What's going on with the other error(s) that you described? (White page(s) on the catalog side?

Also, the database in question is not your live database correct? This has all been test store things right?

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure what to try next ...
    This looks more like a file issue rather than a database issue.

What are the contents of

/yourstore/includes/v e r s i o n .php ?

I'm thinking that this file either doesn't exist or has been corrupted somehow. A bad upload perhaps?

Cheers
    RodG

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, seems as though your server is missing some files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

OK, started from scratch. Used new download of 151 in case I had corrupted the old one. Did fresh install.
    Then did the upgrade database which appears to work. I can see my 'old store' products/orders/customers in admin and in the catalog.
    (fyi....I did not do this other step as I didn't see anywhere in instructions that told me to.)

Name:	whatistheupgradechgfilesbutton.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	14083

When I first opened the url for the store it displays like my old theme cherry-zen I was using for 1.3.9 (this changed to this AFTER the db upgrade).
    I went into admin and selected theme default green however it appeared some config files probably were also still cherry-zen settings.
    Since I assumed I needed to return all settings to original zen...
    I used an untouched/edited 151 demo store as a reference to manually change configuration settings back to original zen.

QUESTION: Does that matter if I'm going to use a different template anyway, or do I need to return all settings to the original zen ones?
    IF SO, Is there an easier way to do that? OR do I go ahead an install the new template and that takes care of all the settings?
    I'm going to use the RESPONSIVE ALL BUSINESS.

PROBLEM: When I try to edit manually, the fields don't sometimes retain the edits. Here is a pic where I changed the "categories to list by row" to "3"....
    once I click on the next list to edit, the "3" disappears. Seems like the edits don't stick. When I reopen the edit, the '3' has disappeared again, I retype, update, it looks like it took the edit, then I click on another row and it disappears.
    I had this problem earlier in this process on the installs that started this string. I think I have gremlins

Name:	wontwaveedits.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	14084

OK, now maybe I'm overthinking.... maybe the upgrade cfg files was what I needed to do.
    I just did that and it didn't appear to make any config edits that I can immediately see. Still having the edit issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast